Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 192049 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2445 on: September 15, 2020, 10:24:57 AM »

Morning Cassie - that's what is confusing me.   :-\

sheila99

« Reply #2446 on: September 15, 2020, 10:38:08 AM »

I don't think we know definitively. Very likely someone will be infectious before they show symptoms, that's the same as many diseases. The original outbreak in French ski resort was started by someone who asymptomatic but he managed to spread it to other people.

CLKD

« Reply #2447 on: September 15, 2020, 11:21:21 AM »

..... and now the resort is being sued ?  need to read the article, I think it's in the pile 'still to read'.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2448 on: September 15, 2020, 03:07:14 PM »

He's doing good Thanx CLKD.
He does get very tired, but he works night shifts, and maybe his age too makes it like that. 🤷‍♀️
He's had a chest scan, but still waiting for results as the consultant was on holiday.
He's more forgetful than before the illness too, but that's getting better. x

CLKD

« Reply #2449 on: September 15, 2020, 03:20:04 PM »

Tnx for the update.  Tiredness is to be expected, he was very ill and it's early days! 

CLKD

« Reply #2450 on: September 19, 2020, 03:06:05 PM »

So UK Pubs are to shut earlier - does the Virus take an evening off then?  How is that likely to work? Surely it is important to keep distance, wear masks, wipe down surfaces regularly ......... talk about making it up as they go along. 

The Guardian quoted a scientist in today's paper "Who didn't want to give their name" - a 1st year Chemstry student then?  :-\.  No paper should quote anyone unless they name the person and print references  :bang: :bang: :bang:

Sparrow

« Reply #2451 on: September 19, 2020, 03:12:15 PM »

I have posted below a couple of links, with some very interesting information.  I offer no opinion but will leave it up to others to think what they will.  The letter includes a lot of information on many things we have discussed on the forum, including, transmission, the immune system, lockdown, masks etc.,   It is quite long, but worth the read.

Be sure to examine the list on signatories to assure yourselves that this is not fake news, or any sort of conspiracy led communication.     

Open letter from medical doctors and health professionals to all Belgian authorities and all Belgian media.

https://docs4opendebate.be/en/open-letter/

https://docs4opendebate.be/en/signatories/
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 03:37:52 PM by Shadyglade »

CLKD

« Reply #2452 on: September 19, 2020, 03:13:46 PM »

Did your response get removed and reposted  :-\ ?  Anyway -

It's pretty much saying what many health professionals have said across the UK and what sensible members of the public feel.  Particularly the relevance/not of how protective masks might be. 

SAGE 'experts' informed the UK government in June [I think] that there is unlikely to be a 2nd wave of C-19.  It is obvious that the more people tested the more will show up as either having been infected or not. 

Interesting earlier this week and damn I didn't keep the article  >:( - that more people died from 'flu and pneumonia at the start of Sept than of C-19.  Might have to fish that paper out of the recycling bin B4 Wed..  There was also a small 6-7 line paragraph somewhere last week telling us how many people remain in hospital being treated with ventilation - that should have been on the front pages!

'flu will happen, it's an annual event.  That isn't to say that people will catch it - why will we if we are masked up? - or that people will die from it.   In reality that first wave probably took off many that were already vulnerable i.e. the first layer of non-survivors which normally we wouldn't hear about.  This government is taking away liberties by feeding fear instead of allowing for common sense.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 03:23:21 PM by CLKD »

suzysunday

« Reply #2453 on: September 19, 2020, 05:21:00 PM »

Thanks for the link shadyglade, fascinating reading.

Blot

« Reply #2454 on: September 19, 2020, 09:32:54 PM »

If anyone is has the time, have a google of Dr Malcolm Kendrick. His posts are a bit long and involved but some interesting points.
I agree with what he says about there being no proper debates in the press, that it’s all one sided - they seem to relish bad news and want to create hysteria.

Who knows what to believe anymore!

Sparrow

« Reply #2455 on: September 20, 2020, 05:42:18 AM »

Your right Blot.👍

The links I have given come from his blog.

Blot

« Reply #2456 on: September 20, 2020, 08:40:04 AM »

Sorry Shadyglade I didn’t read your post properly but exactly this. Imagine the reaction if stuff like this was reported in the news? I fear there would be even less compliance but perhaps that is the true agenda. Keep us in the dark and scare everyone into behaving.

If it’s true though, then it’s so unfair and it’s no wonder we don’t trust the government. They should have a proper debate and not just shut down those with opinions and evidence that contradicts their reasoning.

I don’t know about anyone else but I feel defeated and don’t believe a word the government says any more.

Sparrow

« Reply #2457 on: September 20, 2020, 08:41:27 AM »

I agree absolutely.

CLKD

« Reply #2458 on: September 20, 2020, 10:02:40 AM »

I gave up on the Government when 'they' went down with C-19.  Where did they get it?  It almost seems as though Boris has a different Agenda to the others, plus SAGE not sticking to what they put out ............ although it's a daily learning curve by now there should be a Plan of Campaign? particularly around schools.

CLKD

« Reply #2459 on: September 20, 2020, 10:19:18 AM »

Hancock: Follow Covid rules or they will get tougher

Does any1 else hate the feeling of being bullied  :-\ - I realise that a lot is headlines designed to be less than truthful but by now ..........
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 179