Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194561 times)

sheila99

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2460 on: September 20, 2020, 10:28:40 AM »

There will always be people who think their 'rights' are more important than the lives of the old and vulnerable who will suffer because of their actions. Sorry, but those who are too selfish to think of others need to be told. If it was the 25 year olds who would die I'm sure they'd manage not to breathe over each other in pubs. Blaming the government is a cop out, it's up to every single person to behave responsibly.

Sparrow

« Reply #2461 on: September 20, 2020, 11:20:36 AM »

The government blaming the people is a cop out.

The under funding of the NHS for years.

Johnson missing 5 Cobra meetings before lockdown.

Johnson making light of the virus before lockdown.

Worst of all, the failure to implement the report recommendations that resulted from the Cygnus Exercise.  They had 4 years to do this but just buried it.  Disgraceful.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/07/what-was-exercise-cygnus-and-what-did-it-find

Sparrow

« Reply #2462 on: September 20, 2020, 11:30:12 AM »

I am re- posting the links I posted earlier, some very interesting information.  I offer no opinion but will leave it up to others to think what they will.  The letter includes a lot of information on many things we have discussed on the forum, including, transmission, the immune system, lockdown, masks etc.,   It is quite long, but worth the read.

Be sure to examine the list on signatories to assure yourselves that this is not fake news, or any sort of conspiracy led communication.     

Open letter from medical doctors and health professionals to all Belgian authorities and all Belgian media.

https://docs4opendebate.be/en/open-letter/

https://docs4opendebate.be/en/signatories/

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2463 on: September 20, 2020, 02:52:31 PM »

Early on it was posted in a small article that the Governments met across Europe [a jolly at the Tax payer's expense] to discuss the next Pandemic.  Which was going to erupt eventually.  Apparently they met in 2014 and again in 2017.  Etc., etc., etc..

We put Governments into place so that the man in the street can get on with Life/work/raising a family allowing the MPs to sort out matters?  They have access to issues that we don't get told about until the horse has bolted.  Probably issues that are boring.

I protect those around me but have no trust in those in crowded places. 

Blot

« Reply #2464 on: September 20, 2020, 03:52:27 PM »

I’m not denying the potential seriousness of this virus for some people but I’m sick of all the crap in the press and on social media. The government are far from truthful and it’s unfair blaming the young people when they were actively encouraged to go out and spend in the pubs and restaurants. I did think it was a big mistake opening pubs etc all together as quickly as they did but it was all about the economy.

Fair enough, protect the vulnerable, but threatening and scaring everyone is unfair. Who wants to live like this?

Please have a read of Shadyglade’s links. Lockdown is just a pause button. Ease things, vastly increase testing and the figures are obviously  going to go up. But has there been an equal increase in deaths and hospital admissions? And I work in a hospital so I’m not unaware of how we have been affected.

sheila99

« Reply #2465 on: September 20, 2020, 08:53:27 PM »

More 18-25 year olds are testing positive than any other age group so blaming them would appear to be justified. There hasn't been an increase in hospital admissions or deaths YET. That's because most people in this age group have few symptoms. But if they are infected they are guaranteed to spread it to more vulnerable people in the course of time and then we will see the increase. Sorry you don't want to live like this but perhaps it's time to think of those who won't live at all when they get it. Until we get a vaccine this is the only way to protect them.

Sparrow

« Reply #2466 on: September 20, 2020, 09:10:47 PM »

I wouldn't pin my hopes on a vaccine.  You could be waiting a very long time.

The virus will do what it does, no matter what.  All that has been done is to surpress it.  Now the winter is coming, like other seasonal viruses, it is re-emergeing.

It's not a question of not thinking of others.  It's about being realistic as to what is possible and what works.

Justjules

« Reply #2467 on: September 20, 2020, 09:26:57 PM »

I am re- posting the links I posted earlier, some very interesting information.  I offer no opinion but will leave it up to others to think what they will.  The letter includes a lot of information on many things we have discussed on the forum, including, transmission, the immune system, lockdown, masks etc.,   It is quite long, but worth the read.

Be sure to examine the list on signatories to assure yourselves that this is not fake news, or any sort of conspiracy led communication.     

Brilliant article. Thank you for posting. The family have had an in depth around the table discussion tonight about exactly why this isn’t happening here in the U.K. I would never doubt the seriousness of the virus for those who are most vulnerable but it’s starting to concern me very much now how it’s being handled and the confusing and sometimes ludicrous rules being put in place.  There are signs that other eminent scientists and medical professionals are being given air time but nowhere near enough to challenge the government.

Open letter from medical doctors and health professionals to all Belgian authorities and all Belgian media.

https://docs4opendebate.be/en/open-letter/

https://docs4opendebate.be/en/signatories/

CLKD

« Reply #2468 on: September 21, 2020, 07:52:07 AM »

We are no where near Winter .  Is anyone reporting 'flu cases in the Press? 

Some 'experts' are telling the public that there will not be a surge, others say 'watch out'. 

Sparrow

« Reply #2469 on: September 21, 2020, 08:37:41 AM »

Interesting article on the BBC News website this morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54228649

It explains much better than I can what I have been trying to say. 

CLKD

« Reply #2470 on: September 21, 2020, 11:15:57 AM »

Tnx for that! 

There's another article too: can't do links but it begins;

Parliament must directly approve any new coronavirus restrictions before they come into force, a leading Conservative MP has told the BBC.

Sir Graham said ministers had "got into the habit of ruling by decree" on the issue, citing the "imposition" of the rule of six limit on social gatherings".

He told Radio 4's Today public opinion was "moving" and the government could not take its backing for granted.

His warning comes as further measures are considered to address rising cases.
. etc..
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 11:34:40 AM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #2471 on: September 21, 2020, 11:42:47 AM »

from - Herts 'live' -

Chris Whitty government announcement: UK warned of '50,000 Covid-19 cases a day' if trend continues. ...... 'could' is the word to watch in this article. 

No one has asked DH or me, our neighbours or any1 in the street if they have had symptoms ....... ? statistics ? again based on what  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #2472 on: September 21, 2020, 07:05:54 PM »

We discuss this issue often along our street  ;D - personal issues,  nope.  Pandemic isn't quite the same.   It's about distancing down here. 

We don't use apps either.  Costs too much to find out what I probably don't need to know  :D

CLKD

« Reply #2473 on: September 21, 2020, 07:17:01 PM »

Track and trace are overwhelmed.  Stands to reason. 

Shows how much I know about apps.  ;D but they do feel a bit 'big brother'  :-\.  Doesn't 1 have to be switched onto the internet on a mobile?

CLKD

« Reply #2474 on: September 21, 2020, 07:19:24 PM »

:thankyou:
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 179