Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Health anxiety  (Read 9283 times)

Jeepers

Re: Health anxiety
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2020, 10:13:07 PM »

Thank you for your kind wishes ladies.

I can't quite take it in at the moment xx

Miss Sunshine

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2020, 08:59:55 PM »

Yep, I'm the same.  The high after a normal result is always short-lived as my stupid brain then either thinks they've missed something or it just moved on to some other body part that's twinging.  I drive myself nuts!!!

Ditto Sparkle. It's exhausting isn't it?
After a rubbish start to the year, I was finally feeling a bit more positive, but in the last week I've found out my sister has been diagnosed with lung cancer, and that both of my dad's sisters died of breast cancer aged 61.  Its hard to be positive when it feels like it's all around you..

Jeepers xx
Sorry to hear this Jeepers.  That's a lot of stress to deal with.   I've only been on this forum a short time but everyone is very supportive.  I hope you can get the support you need and in turn can be there for your sister. 

Donnadoobie

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2020, 02:25:08 PM »

Ok, I need a bit of reassurance.  I am hoping this is my anxiety in overdrive.

I have felt my anxiety rising over the past week, throat issues still there but for the last two days I have a feeling in my chest like I want to cough but I  don't, I am too scared to cough. 

I have been treating for post nasal drip again this week as throat was phlegmy and this does seem to be easing but worried this cough feeling is you know what!   I know I am being silly, I have no temp and feel fine.

I recently came off the Omelrazole, as I felt I didn't have reflux but maybe it is that?  Silent reflux.  I have more that I am going to start taking again

We all think our symptoms are Covid at the moment and cannot think Past it.  Surely I would be ill if it was that, the cough could be because phlegm has loosened in my chest?  I keep clearing my throat. 

Trying desperately for logical explanations but panicking

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2020, 03:57:03 PM »

Logic flies out the window!  I have ached from the waist upwards and keep wondering  >:(.  I've had reflux for years and appropriate meds have helped.  Maybe stop for 3 days then begin again, I take my capsule ?Omeprazolol? at night.  ...... and breath!

CLKD

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2020, 08:27:45 AM »

Diane200 - do you sing?  My teacher told me that few people actually inflate their lungs completely ......... unless they do lots of running, swimming or singing. 

I woke in a flurry of 'what ifs' earlier and didn't want to wake  :-\ so I'm out of bed, breakfast to hand.  I'm fed up waiting .......

Kathleen

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2020, 04:56:42 PM »

Hello ladies

Diane200 - you might want to try alternate nostril yoga breaths or the 4-7-8 technique (breathe in to the count of 4, hold to the count of 7 and exhale to the count of 8. Breathe normally and repeat). Lots of info online to help so I suggest you do a bit of Googling.

Wishing you well.

K.

Donnadoobie

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2020, 12:09:50 PM »

I have been struggling for the last two weeks

I sat in the garden two weeks ago thinking that my throat problems were gone, I only had a chest irritation that was bothering me but the throat was good.

The next day, throat problems were back and they continue   Phlegmy throat, and chest discomfort.  I am convinced it is a silent reflux even though Omeprazole makes not difference, nor does Gaviscon Advance.  Just started taking Silicol gel, anyone tried this?

Apart from reflux medication I have been using a nasal spray, and using a chesty cough mixture with decongestant, can't remember the name.

I am anxious about Covid, anxious that my husband is not in the best shape if he gets it.  Daughters wedding cancelled and she is in a deep depression.  I see no end to this. Husband is fed up with my health worries so don't talk about them.

GP is using a referral form type of system, but feel I don't want to bother them again with another worry of mine. Could this be anxiety?  Or an actual problem.  Every test I have had in the last 12 months has been normal.

Would an ENT appointment sort this out, are they even doing that at the moment?

Feel so tired and drained today.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 01:52:28 PM by Donnadoobie »

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2020, 01:13:22 PM »

If it were serious symptoms would not go away, they would become troublesome.  ........ and breath.

I think you are using too much medication.  How about milk of magnesia or Rennies?  Think about your diet and how late you eat in the evening?  If I eat after 8.00 I tend to suffer in the early hours  >:(.  Omeprazole helps in the main.  How much are you taking and when?

I have a constant cough.  Reflux.  I take the Omeprazole at night unless it's bothersome in the day then I have one at breakfast for 2 mornings.  It's a bit trial and error  >:(

Does your daughter live with her intended?  Of course she is disappointed but it's not the time for depression!  Positives being that she doesn't have the virus, she is cared for and ............ acceptance is hard ain't it.  I was so keen to be with my eventual husband that I would have been disappointed especially as living together wasn't an option in the 1960s/70s ;-).  We would have run away together  ;D.

We are all anxious during these Strange Times.  Does your Husband tell you that he is fed up or is that your take on how he might feel?  Why not sit down one evening a week to talk about how you both really feel?

Donnadoobie

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2020, 01:29:49 PM »

Thanks CLKD

Not taking Omeprazole at the moment, the box ran out. It was a one off prescription to see if my throat issue went away. 

I think I do over medicate but just want this all to go. 

Daughter lives with her partner but is at home working all day on her own.  I feel for her, she suffered with anxiety and depression due to her weight problem because of PCOS, nothing I can do to help either.

Will cut the meds down gradually and see what happens.

CLKD

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2020, 02:51:45 PM »

Was the Omeprazole helpful at all? 

Donnadoobie

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2020, 03:49:46 PM »

Not really although I suppose the dosage could not have been right.

Just want to know if this is anxiety based or something else.  Feel a feeling in my chest like a cold that had moved to your chest.  Could be tension I suppose but how do you relax your chest muscles  when you don't even know you are tensing them?

CLKD

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2020, 03:53:18 PM »

The body adjusts itself all the while.  When a person is anxious they become aware of every little muscle movement, flexion of toes/fingers, sneezing ........ it does make us wonder.

Djangobear

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2020, 06:34:11 PM »

Hi there. I too suffer from health anxiety and think every little pain or symptom is the worst case scenario. I've had all kinds of scans and bloodwork done over the past few years due to lumps, swollen lymph nodes, and many other strange symptoms. It's an awful feeling. I'm hoping to get on some antianxiety medication and also do some counseling whenever this covid19 situation blows over. Best of luck to you and try not to worry too much. Take care!

CLKD

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2020, 06:46:13 PM »

I've replied to your other thread ;-). [do you play the guitar ? ]

Djangobear

« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2020, 10:04:26 PM »

Hi CLKD. I used to play quite a bit  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5