Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Newby SOS  (Read 842 times)

Chachiloves

• First Flush
Newby SOS
« on: October 12, 2019, 09:24:34 AM »

Hi everyone

I'm so glad i've found this forum! I hope that some kind soul can offer some advice because i'm in a bit of a spot.

I'm 45 and perimenopausal.  I've been given Ellesette Duet 1mg and i've just finished my first months pack.  It took me a while to make the connection but the white tablets are making me feel DREADFUL.  I've been feeling suicidal, I have NO motivation to do anything whatsoever, I feel like i've got constant raging PMT.  It's awful.  I didn't make the connection with the tablets at first and thought that perhaps I was becoming depressed as i've suffered from depression before.  I did however, think it odd that it just seemed to come on like a switch had been turned on.  When I got to the green tablets it lifted and I felt back to myself again.  Just like that.

I've just started the second pack, I'm on day two and right on cue, my mood has dipped and I have NO motivation again.  I feel dreadful already and it's only day two. I am a Mum of two and I have Fibromyalgia so I already have enough on my plate without adding this to the mix!

My question is, should I stick it out for the three months I've been given and see if it settles down OR is it apparent that it doesn't suit me and can I stop taking it straight away as i've only been on it a month?

Thanks in advance xxx

jaypo

Re: Newby SOS
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 11:11:06 AM »

Hi there and welcome to the forum,so sorry you're feeling so unwell, I myself don't take hrt so I'm so sorry I can't advise but someone will be along soon I'm sure to help you out xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 03:04:46 PM »

I wouldn't stick it out.  There are several types of HRT but Trail and Error can be tiring.

Maybe think which symptom you would like to ease first then put it into the search box and see what pops up?

It's probably progesterone intolerance. 

Perinowpost

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 03:54:00 PM »

Hi Chachiloves

I wouldn't stick it out either. I didn't like elleste at all. The patches and gels are much better, why not try one of them x