Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Weird symptoms  (Read 1711 times)

Sammas

Weird symptoms
« on: October 10, 2019, 05:41:15 PM »

Hi for the last few weeks I've had 2 strange aches and not sure if it's peri menopause My right jaw aches on and off and I've got coccyx pain Anyone else had these? Thanks x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Weird symptoms
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 06:41:35 PM »

Hi as oestrogen levels drop the muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Do you have indigestion at all?

I would suggest treating the coccyx with care and perhaps take an over the counter pain relief to ease symptoms. 

Sammas

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 06:46:41 PM »

Hi CLKD,
No indigestion at the mo x

Ladybt28

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 12:33:16 AM »

Sammas - for quite some time - 3/4 years in peri I got bad ear ache and a strange pain in my jaw and teeth just below my nose.
I got treatment for sinusitis, ear infection etc etc but nothing stopped it.  I went to my dentist who said I was grinding my jaw in my sleep.  I had terrible, terrible anxiety and panic attacks during peri and these only stopped when I got on the right hrt (long long story).  Anyway, since the right hrt no earache or jaw clenching except when exceptionally stressed and it only lasts a day now instead of being pretty much permanent.

Like CKLD says the muscles get lax and you can get weird aches and pains all over the place due to the fall in oestrogen.  I have never had coccyx pain but my knees and ankles got so painful at one point having them touch the bed when I lay down was pretty bad.  Again when my oestrogen levels got ok, it all went away.  Meno can throw up all sorts of weird stuff!xx
Welcome to the wonderful world of meno!!!

Sammas

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 05:29:45 AM »

Thanks LadyBT for sharing your symptoms I'm on patches which mainly keep other symptoms at bay x

Sammas

Re: Weird symptoms - update
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 06:40:36 AM »

I know there are no magic answers but I feel worse.  I keep getting a pain now above my coccyx and my buttocks are painful when I press either side.  Also a strain just below my neck, feeling heady and anxiety.  Just want to hide from the world.  Thanks for reading x

Sammas

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 05:52:39 PM »

Thinking my symptoms might be due to lack of estrogen, I had an idea but not sure what you ladies think I'm on Evorel Sequi and on the Conti patch at the mo What would happen if I added an Estrogen patch as well?