Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Hair and Beauty 2  (Read 38731 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hair and Beauty 2
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2020, 06:04:23 PM »

I wore wellies for years and had a row of small corns on the right foot and cracked heels.  DH is putting 'Nivea' on my heels every night .....

I HATE going bare footed.  I HATE grass or sand under my feet  :-X

Padine

« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2020, 07:23:53 PM »

Just an idea, but I find to put Germoline rubbed in very well helps most of all (but it's too expensive to plaster on generously) I also rub it into my left elbow when it gets very rough  (but does nothing for one of the knuckles on my left hand??)
  I too hate going bare-footed and hate the feel of shoes without socks.

Padine xx

CLKD

« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2020, 08:02:59 PM »

Is 'germoline' still green?  My paternal Gran swore by it  ::)

jaycee

« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2020, 09:55:46 PM »

CLKD.I always remember germolene as being pink
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 07:43:20 PM by jaycee »

Cazikins

« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2020, 11:10:46 PM »

Definitely Pink & I loved the smell of it. :)

Padine

« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2020, 03:08:49 PM »

It's white cream now in a tube but still has the distinctive smell! I used to love the round tin, it was SO sticky!

Mogster71

« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2020, 05:11:47 PM »

Germolene was definitely pink and in a very sticky tin! Luckily I didn't fall over too much but I remember having that pasted on my skinned knees as a young tomboy. Now it still smells like germolene but it's an easily absorbed cream that has a local anaesthetic in it. Fab stuff.

So....I'm very lucky. I have a short haircut which I normally get trimmed every 4 weeks. Husband is a neat freak that does EVERYTHING meticulously. I persuaded him to use his clippers on the back of my hair and he did an awesome job. He wouldn't dare cut my fringe though so I did that with scissors the following day. It'll help for a few more weeks till we can get back to our trusty hairdresser!

Nails aren't too bad and am managing myself with lots of cuticle oil and keeping them as short as usual (I do lots of typing and no, not just on here before you ask  ;D) I've worn make up only a few times since lockdown. Skin-wise Emm is right the Tropic range is lovely although I'm now using a mix of things. Coconut oil is gorgeous for cleansing, just massage it on to face and flannel off - takes off mascara, everything! Cheap version of a famous hot cloth cleanser in my book...

You will laugh at this. My mum saw in a newspaper that these little foot peel things you can buy in the pound shop are good. Supposed to do an expensive spa-style skin peel within a week. I sat there with each foot in a polythene boot with sort of pepperminty lotion slathered on, for over an hour. After showering it off, I watched and waited for the magic to happen and had virtually given up hope when I got up one morning it was OH MY GOD...like a ruddy snake.. baby soft feet afterwards but it did take a full few days to remove. If you're a picker......... :whist:

Padine

« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2020, 04:39:37 PM »

:rofl: :hapij: :rofl:  I'd read about those peeling feet things too but thought Nah, don't believe it! But sounds like a good idea - can I get them on Amazon?

The Biotin update is after back to taking 2 each day my nails are longer than ever and hard too but, skin on the back of my hand is like leather (think it's the alcohol in the hand sanitizer the shops provide, at least it means it's trying to kill the germs!!) My hair too is getting into a better state, I'm trying to wash it only 3 times a week as it is very dry. I don't mind it being dry as it has always been so greasy which I hated.

I'm taking a large dose of Evening Primrose oil daily which could be adding to improved skin, hair all round. It makes me feel a little brighter anyway so will keep taking it till July and see if there's any difference.

Padine xx

Mogster71

« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2020, 06:39:48 PM »

Hi Padine!

I've just checked on Amazon and you can indeed buy the foot peel things there - they are called Derma V10 :)

Great update on the nails, I think I need to start taking some Biotin as mine are flaky as heck. They used to be so strong but not any more, and I do all the right things like never washing up without gloves etc. Strange you say about hair changes as although mine has never been dead straight, I now have a pronounced wave/curl which has got much stronger in peri. X

CLKD

« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2020, 06:48:42 PM »

Use a good hand cream as well as foot cream?

Does anyone have to use a new product almost immediately ?  I bought baby shampoo this morning and really do need to try it later  ;D and if I have new bubble bath, even if I have 3 open already, have to try the newest  ::)

Mogster71

« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2020, 06:56:10 PM »

CLKD

My shelf along the back of the bath has a selection of shower gels used on a "what do I fancy today" basis...and yes, if I buy a new product, it gets used regardless of whatever else is on the go  ;D

Hand creams I struggle with a bit as my cats are finicky monkeys and won't let me stroke them if my hands have anything remotely scented or anything greasy on them. The only one they will tolerate is O'Keefes Working Hands. One of them sleeps tucked into my side too so can't even do that bed time. Small sacrifice   :cat88: (bit of a cat lady hence my name haha).x

CLKD

« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2020, 07:38:30 PM »

How many cats? would a packet of Felix work in the same way as hand cream  ;D.

Mogster71

« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2020, 07:49:34 PM »

Just the two but they completely spoiled by me as their willing slave  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2020, 08:55:45 AM »

Dogs have owners, cats have Staff  ;D. I had 3 together years and years ago .........

Mogster71

« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2020, 08:58:41 AM »

Oh yes....I know that one :)  They have me well and truly under their paw but I don't mind...I never had children so it's lovely to have  them to spoil!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8