Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: scan today  (Read 1315 times)

Ambergirl

scan today
« on: July 02, 2019, 04:54:01 PM »

Hi,
I had an ultrasound scan today and the Dr said I have some abnormalities in my womb - eek! I have to be referred for an MRI and so I am panicking (of course think the worse). She said it was hard to tell whether it was the lining or the muscle. That it could be fibroids, cyst, polyp or something in the build up of the lining. Any reassuring advice you lovely and experienced ladies out there can give me? She said she couldn't see my ovaries although I did have a period a couple of weeks ago? I haven't had any weird bleeds or anything other than bloating, right hand abdomen pain and the slightly raised CA125 (37.3). I had another blood test today too but I won't get that result for a few days.
Anxiety is something I am actively trying to compartmentalise but it is hard. :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: scan today
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 09:26:23 PM »

Abnormalities covers a multitude of sins  ::).

How long will you have to wait for an MRI?  Can you take a cancellation, maybe ring the Dept. and put yourself forwards if someone doesn't turn up?  What other word would be better?  Unusual observations - I think that anything that doesn't say 'nowt to worry about' will make any of us worry  :-\

Ambergirl

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 06:09:50 PM »

Hi CLKD, thanks for the message. I have my MR on Saturday and a follow-up appointment scheduled for the following Thursday. Been so busy today at work that I haven't had much time to worry about it. I just have to keep positive and think about what can be done and enjoy the sunshine I guess. I know there are lots of people worse off because for most of the time I can keep the HA under control. I am exercising 3 times a week in the morning so I think that helps boost mood naturally.
Fingers crossed.

Ambergirl

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 07:10:52 PM »

Thanks Birdy! I think like most people on here it is the kind and supportive comments that help us get through. Knowing you are not alone and that, quite often, people have experienced the same as you, really helps.

Ambergirl

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 05:57:00 PM »

So, had the MRI yesterday. Now waiting in a state of total anxiety until I get to see the consultant and the results on Thursday. Keep imagining I will be told I have terminal something or other and only a few days to live. Brain is totally fogged; upset tummy all week and pains in my abdomen/groin (which started all this) are rotten.
Why is it that we hit 50 and everything goes so pear-shaped? I wish I could just stop thinking about it but it seems an impossible task. I know that my GP would give me AD - they seem to want everyone on these or have CBT. I tried First Steps a couple of years ago but that was pretty useless. Filling in little quizzes and rating my anxiety out of 10 doesn't seem helpful. Any ideas to help get a perspective? Would HRT help at all?

Ambergirl

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 07:20:18 PM »

Result of MRI is that I have some lumpy type things at the top of the womb - it began with an a but can't remember the name! Consultant has said to take a mini-pill for 3 months to see if it dries things up. Nothing sinister thank goodness and Ca125 was down to 29. He said that any inflammation could make it rise as could the fact that I had a period 5 days after the original test was done. So, anyone got  info on cerazette?
Just waiting to see the gastro consultant now regarding the other issues but that's not until August. Just glad that I have got one thing clarified so I can go on my holiday. Honestly didn't think I would even be here for that.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 07:38:43 PM »

Good news Ambergirl, really pleased for you.