Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel transdermal 50mcg patches error  (Read 628 times)

Bernadette100

• First Flush
Evorel transdermal 50mcg patches error
« on: July 08, 2019, 10:53:52 PM »

Hi I am on Evorel transdermal patches 50  since middle June after i visited a gynaecologists alos have mirena coil and  also use oestrogen cream .  I change patches twice a week and supposed to use cream three times but I only use twice . I m 54 and had  very stressful week dealing with my special needs child and last week I put patches on Sunday   and completely forgot to change them on Thursday I suddenly got very sore boobs like  pmt and feel dreadful.  I changed patches at 4am Sunday morning so really hrt patch was on nearly 7 days🙈 when I realised my error its day 3 now since I changed patches bt I'm still feeling yeuck. Any advise

Sparkler

Re: Evorel transdermal 50mcg patches error
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 05:50:40 AM »

Hi Bernadette

Not really any advice, except hang in there. It'll normalise again but it might be that the drop in estrogen set off other changes that you just need to wait out until they go away.

Hope you feel better soon
X

Bernadette100

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 08:51:30 AM »

Thank Sparkler, yes I think you are right I'm feeling bit hetter this morning I wont be making that mistake again !!

Jools1x

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 07:05:41 AM »

I set an alarm reminder on my phone for 6.39pm every Tuesday and Friday to remind me to change my patch, perhaps this would help you xx

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 07:47:01 AM »

Hi - it would be suprising for reduction in oestrogen to cause sore boobs although the other pms symptoms - low mood etc would be expected if you respond quickly to a fall in this hormone? Have you experienced these symptoms on other occasions? The Mirena coil does not always suppress ovulation so it could be due to your own cycle going on in the background now and again so just coincidence too?

Hurdity x

Bernadette100

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 07:15:54 PM »

Thanks everyone ya I feel much.better. I have reminders set now.  My only problem now is placing patches they difficult to find area where they dont get caught on clothes .  I'm putting on my thigh. But overall felling better.