Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Feel I need to increase HRT at 60  (Read 1455 times)

warwick01

Feel I need to increase HRT at 60
« on: July 01, 2019, 05:04:31 PM »

Hi

I have just reached 60 and feel like I'm getting worse not better. I am currently using 2 pumps of Oestrogel one morning one eve. However I'm getting a return (even worse) of symptoms esp during the day.

Symptoms are:

Palpitations
Nausea /flushed
IBS
Mood swings/snapping at my husband
Fatigue
Anxiety

I am so fed up, thought I should be at the end but feel I need to increase. Anyone else had to increase at 60??

Wx

Dotty

Re: Feel I need to increase HRT at 60
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 05:21:15 PM »

I have a friend who is 65 who has just had to change to gel as her 2mg tablets stopped working. She is now on 4 pumps of gel and feeling good x

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 05:30:48 PM »

Hello warwick01

Your symptom list describes me perfectly! I am 62 and my regime is 2 pumps of Oestrogel and Utrogestan 100mcg vaginally. Why this combination fails to work is a mystery to me.

Dotty's suggestion makes sense and although I had lots of bleeding when I tried 3 pumps you may find an increase works well for you.

Take care and sending hugs.

K.

warwick01

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 06:32:42 PM »

Dotty/Kathleen

Thank you for the advice. I will try upping to 3 pumps and see what happens. Previously I found too much Oestrogel made my anxiety worse. It could be a case it just stopped working ?? With Gel you never know if we are all absorbing well. As I sit here my face is flushed and I feel the adrenalin in the pit of my stomach.

I thought I would be at the end and could enjoy my retirement..... It's just not fair :-\

Wxx

Rosebush

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 08:03:56 PM »

Warwick I started HRT at 60, after 11years of 24/7 hot sweats, will be 70 next month and still having night sweats.  I am on Everol Conti patches, which help daytime but not during the night, I really though meno was a 2year thing, but 21 years later it's no better, hope what ever you decide to try out,  works for you..xxx

warwick01

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 06:48:15 AM »

Hi Rosebush

Gosh..... it's just not fair we suffer like this at an age we should be enjoying life. Always thought 60 was a turning point and I could stop HRT but seems I feel worse. Will try 3 pumps from today.

Wx

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 03:10:37 PM »

Hello again warwick01

How something so 'natural' can cause so many problems and for so long is beyond me.

Wishing you well and please let us know how you get on using 3 pumps of gel.

Take care.

K.

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 04:47:49 PM »

Warwick I started HRT at 60, after 11years of 24/7 hot sweats, will be 70 next month and still having night sweats.  I am on Everol Conti patches, which help daytime but not during the night, I really though meno was a 2year thing, but 21 years later it's no better, hope what ever you decide to try out,  works for you..xxx
Out of interest have the evorel Conti patches helped with any other symptoms? I am trying them now but only half patches at the moment. I have a follow up appointment (after 3 months) next week. I don't have a problem with flushes/night sweats.

Rosebush

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 10:46:18 AM »

Katejo I only started HRT to help with hot sweats, it has not helped aches/pains, my mood is up and down so not helped there, as not stopped 'night sweats'... but really hope they help with your symptoms, if you feel any change stick with them, or maybe even try a full patch for a while, will you post to let me know how things go for you.

I am still awaiting Femseven to come back into production, on them I seemed to have more energy, even though they did not stop night sweats! x

Warwick have you felt any better last few days? x