Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Progynova2mg  (Read 1458 times)

Jo2204

Progynova2mg
« on: May 05, 2019, 06:18:45 PM »

Hi
I'm new and want to say Hello

I have POF and going through constant changes of HRT lat couple of years. Unfortunately I don't absorb gels and patches and was put on Progynova 2mg. I'm on it since 13 of April and can already see some side effects (indigestion, hunger, pain in legs). I would like to hear from ladies who tried progynova what experiences you had ?

Love Jo x 

Lanzalover

Re: Progynova2mg
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 06:32:23 PM »

Hi Jo2204

:welcomemm:

I haven't actually used Progynova but I'm sure someone will be along to offer some advice

Take care
Lanzalover x

Jo2204

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 03:43:13 PM »

Hi
Anybody can help ? x

Emerald2017

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 12:49:20 PM »

I was on Cyclacur for about 3 months and it didn't suit me and I tried something else. I was better than without hrt but I was feeling tired, depressive and generally with very low mood.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 07:42:48 PM »

Hi Jo2204

:welcomemm:

You mention POF but you haven't said anything about a progestogen or your age? I presume you're under 40 or early 40's? Maybe you also have the Mirena coil for the progestogen to protect your womb?

Sorry to hear about the side effects - indigestion is a common side effect of tablet hRT and usually in this case patches or gel are recommended but you say you don't absorb from these? Have you tried increasing doses of patch or gel and also absoprtion depends on your skin - needs to be free from all oils and moisturisers etc even shower creams?

Are you sure the hunger/pains are due to the HRT? Maybe you need to get the pains checked out by the doc if they are persistent and severe or chronic?

If you want to look up others experiences of Progynova then go to home page of forum and type the name into the search box and other threads will come up. What dose are you on as it comes as 1 mg or 2 mg?

Hurdity x

paisley

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 12:12:37 PM »

Hi jo2204
Sorry to hear about your problems with progynova. I started it 7 days ago & had indigestion which went after a few days & I also get the hunger pains but I always seem to get more hunger pains when I start a new HRT. Maybe it's just because it's still getting into your system

Jo2204

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 08:30:28 PM »

Hi Ladies
I'm sorry for incomplete information. I'm  also on Utrogestan Vaginal 200mg 12 days per month and I have been last 4 years  I don't have any problem with Utrogestan.
I tried gel Oestrogel up to 6 pumps per day and Patches Evorel and Estradot up to 3 patches twice a week(6 patches per week)   my levels of oestrogen were about 120, so very low.  I didn't use anything else on my skin I always make sure  the area was clean and I rotated.
At the moment I'm on Progynova since 13 of April. I can see my energy is getting better but I collapsed at work today I don't know is related to Progynova or just menopause because I've got big problems with feeling fatigued last 8 years and very often I feel dizzy I was diagnosed when 35 but I think my problems started much early after delivery of my twins I was 31. I'm 40 now.
I used search on forum but is not a lot about Progynova.
I've seen my Gp 2 weeks ago and have blood test done everything is OK also today because I work for NHS they check my sugar level that also was OK.

Jo2204

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 08:44:16 PM »

Hi jo2204
Sorry to hear about your problems with progynova. I started it 7 days ago & had indigestion which went after a few days & I also get the hunger pains but I always seem to get more hunger pains when I start a new HRT. Maybe it's just because it's still getting into your system

Hi Paisley my consultant mentioned that I can experience some difficulties connected to estrogen changes and levels going up.   
Obviously after such a long time with so low level it can be challenging for all body .
I definitely can feel my energy level is higher I'm cleaning like crazy ;) before I use to spend an hour in the morning in bed I wasn't able to move and was feeling like I was hit by a bus now I'm awake and ready to do things.

Thank you very much for your help Ladies

paisley

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 04:32:42 PM »

Jo2204
That sounds positive that you have more energy. Hopefully everything else will settle down & your levels will increase on this HRT

Jo2204

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 06:58:47 PM »

Hi girls
I double up my dosage on 1st of June now I'm on 4mg  I feel angry and a little bit  depressed also I have a heart palpitations, I'm short of breath,  feeling nauseous  I never was depressed and angry person is that normal ? I feel like I want to cry.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 07:02:30 PM by Jo2204 »