Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42

Author Topic: If you won the lottery tonight ....  (Read 56776 times)

jaypo

Re: If you won the lottery tonight ....
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2019, 03:26:36 PM »

Ooow,back to Johnny Depp,phwaaar,sexy pirate,that's what I'd do if I won the lottery,buy Johnny Depp 😁

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2019, 03:48:23 PM »

You don't know sponge bob do you? 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Your more likely to buy him than Johnny Depp! 🤣😂🤣😂

jaypo

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2019, 03:52:02 PM »

Next time johnnys at the pub down the road from us,I'm not telling you,I'll just go there myself and have a pint with him 🤗

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2019, 03:54:50 PM »

Spoil sport! 😂🤣

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2019, 04:18:10 PM »

Oh no. Depp isn't my cup of tea at all. Keep him !!
Gerald Butler, on the other hand  :-*  :-*  :-*

Ladybt28

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2019, 04:29:39 PM »

….both together for me, if that's alright!  xx  You could throw in Jason Statham as well if you like! x ;D  (I love Johnny Depp).

I've not been paying attention ...I know the weather forcast is rubbish, but why is CKLD building an Ark and the subject for discussion today is camel poop????  ::) I worry about you lot you know :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2019, 04:32:13 PM »

Glad that someone does: worry  ;D

Oh to be a Pirate King

jaypo

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2019, 05:23:36 PM »

Can we add Tom hardy into the mix please 😂

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2019, 06:16:36 PM »

Ooohhhhh yyyeeeesssssss, Tom, come to me, Hardy..😂🤣😂🤣 NOW! ☺️
Now your talking, ......but it's not talking I'm after....😂🤣

Ladybt28

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2019, 08:10:07 PM »

Lay off the testosterone Jilly!

Kathleen

« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2019, 08:41:45 PM »

Hello ladies

I haven't read all of this thread so apologies if my suggestion has been mentioned already.

If I could I would fund good quality research into the causes and treatments of the menopause. I would ask scientists to approach the subject as if it was a disease and ask them to investigate why some women suffer so many symptoms and others so few.  Lifestyle factors could also be studied such as diet and exercise also weight and body shape.

I'm sure that many of us would like to understand the exact molecular changes that are going on and how best we can deal with them. For example I read that exercise increases testosterone levels in women, if true how was it measured, what effect did it have and how would this apply to the menopause?  A practical application would be the discovery that 40 minutes of brisk walking raises testosterone in post meno women which is converted to sufficient oestrogen to relieve vaginal dryness.

In the absence of the above I would fund questionnaires to gather women's experiences and see if any patterns emerge, for example do overweight women actually have fewer symptoms because fat cells store oestrogen or is that a myth? Is there a particular food that is high in phyto oestrogens that is especially helpful?

Obviously this is my own little fantasy but wouldn't it be great to take the guesswork out of the menopause and apply some hard science to the problem,  just as we do in other aspects of medicine.

Sorry to go on ladies but this whole ‘suck it and see‘ approach gets very frustrating at times.

Wishing you all well.

K.

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2019, 09:33:34 PM »

Kathleen, that would be a wonderful tthing to do. And thank you for being sensible / sane.
This thread had gone off at a tangent. I blame Johnny Depp. Apparently he smells of camel poo and spits  ;D
x

Tc

« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2019, 10:46:36 PM »

Great thread.
So the much needed research is sorted. And were all going to live on the commune (with animal rescue centre attached). And CLKD is gonna upgrade the charabanc to a mahoosive tour bus (with pool). I'm liking it.

I dont know what practical skills I could bring to the commune but I could provide the entertainment. We might have to add a state of the art theatre though as this doesnt sound like a campfire singalong happy clappy sort of commune  more like a gated community in Florida :)

I would need a cast of back up dancers. Jilly can audition the men.and I would need some musicians so we need to form a band between us.

Might I also suggest we enlist a chef. I know its a commune but when it comes to my turn to cook I will be busy rehearsing my show.

Oh yes. And a team of medical staff. We could advertise for "doctor wanted for position in menopause  commune. Must be highly skilled in every single medical speciality known to man,both real and imagined,  not afraid of (very) hard work and must have the patience of a saint.
We could interrogate, ahem I mean "interview" the medics as a panel and if we dont like the cut of their jib they are out!!

Please please could we also have a miniature horse, they make me smile. Oh and a unicorn...   ..did I go too far now?

« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 10:57:37 PM by Tc »

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2019, 11:48:33 PM »

Tc, it will be a bit of both. Gated definitely, and a bit posh and shiny. But with some happy clappy, eco warrier stuff thrown in.
So ..  solar panels and waste water recyling. But an indoor swimming pool with steam room and thalasso spa.
Vegetable gardens, woodlands, lake and wildlife sanctuary areas. But high tech communal kitchen and state if the art movie theatre.
All ... most animals welcome. You can have a Shetland, but miniature ponies are usually very unhealthy, poor creatures (bad breeding by unscrupulous people). Although Shetlands can be rather cantankerous.
How about an Arabian.  We can stick a horn on it on Sundays, et voila ... your unicorn.  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2019, 08:05:34 AM »

I know a farm that breeds miniatures and they are fine, except 15 were stolen 2 years ago and came home quite traumatised :-(.

Kathleen - you can be the Voice of Reason ;-).  Love your ideas ........... in reality, who can we approach once this PM debacle is over to get your ideas kick started?  We need a woman in charge of the Health Dept. perhaps?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42