Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hrt patch  (Read 4868 times)

Karen max

Hrt patch
« on: April 23, 2019, 11:46:13 PM »

Hi folks

Just looking some advice , I go on holidays in May and I'm worried about trying to keep on , I'm in everol and change it twice a week but even if I soak in the patch , have a shower the patch becomes hard and wrinkly

Any advice on keeping patch stuck to skin plus where is best place to stick it ? I stick it now to thighs but leaves huge black plaster mark which takes me few days to get rid of it

Kaz

Salad

Re: Hrt patch
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 11:56:43 PM »

I know what you mean about ‘hard and wrinkly' !
I have used several patches and have found Estradot to be the best at staying stuck  :)
I bath everyday, sometimes twice and the patch doesn't budge.
Not only is it the smallest patch I've used but the best material - soft and flexible, even after getting wet.
I put the patch on the top of my bottom, alternating sides, so bikini bottoms keep it covered.
I do take spare patches just incase  8)

Karen max

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 11:00:07 AM »

Hi
I have used baby oil it won't shift the black Marks at all , haven't used vodka tho (prefer to drink it ) 😂
I phoned hrt this morning as the patch is now burning my skin , staff nurse phoned me back said it was stated on the letter my GP received to say if patch didn't suit to change to gel , phoned GP receptionist said no it states after your surgery you have to be changed to the gel ? 😡
She is going to ask GP so I have to call back on Friday to see what GP makes of the letter from hrt clinic
I'm so angry 😡 how bloody hard is it to swap me from patches to gel ?

I have put the patch on lower back and it comes of about 4/5 hours later I think my clothes are rubbing against it , it's such a huge patch !!

I'm going try nail polish remover to see if it removes the black sticky glue that's left on my skin

Kaz x

Sparkler

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 05:48:24 AM »

Are you using body lotion on or moisturising shower gel?

I have evorel patches and they stick without a problem. I put them on my hip a little to the front, underneath my pants, alternating the side of the body for each patch. The square marks for me are fabric fluff stuck on the glue. I find if I rub a little moisturiser in I can pull the fluff off with the stuck on glue.

We're all different so it seems a little crazy they won't swap you to the gel. It's the same hormone!

Sparkler

Dancing Queen

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 06:29:06 AM »

Maybe its a cost thing..is gel more costly maybe? I have no idea. I once had a snotty Drs receptionist say to me "hrt is expensive you know!". As it is the only drug I have ever regularly taken I reckon I am worth it!! 😆

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 08:14:36 AM »

I think it's cost. I had to change because I got a rash under the patch. If it's burning you're allergic to the glue and you need to change. You may be OK with a different patch that uses different glue though, or gel.

Katejo

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 08:56:49 AM »

I haven't had a problem with them staying on or with irritation (yet) but they do leave persistent marks afterwards and sometimes go wrinkly when they are on. I suspect that it is very much a cost thing. However we need the hormone replacement. GP's wouldn't try to refuse insulin or thyroxine.

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 11:26:16 AM »

I'd be on the blower saying you've developed a massive itchy rash and you want the gel ASAP. Fuck sake! Cause my language but really! Just help your patient likevyou're Supposed to!
Yesterday there was a question on the FB VA page from someone who has been refused HRT and VA treatment by a GP  despite having had a hysterectomy in her late 30's!

Karen max

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 02:37:12 PM »

Birdy
I got the gel after all but hrt doctor told me on fone 2 pumps in mirning 2 again at night yet my box says 2 pumps in morning only ??

My docs have lost plot I think or maybe I'm just ready for yelling house down one tells you one thing another tells different
If I use 4 pumps a day theyr going ask why I need my prescription before the month is up

Kaz

Karen max

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2019, 03:13:18 PM »

Hi
Honestly annoys life out of me my doc has been trying for 7 yrs to get me onto right hrt that's why I ended up going to hrt clinic ..

I'm just of the phone to GP receptionist who I've clearly told what the doctor from hrt told me on the phone on tues .

He said 2 pumps in morning 2 pumps at night yet on bos it says apply once a day ffs ??? How hard is it for them to read a letter which the hrt clinic sent them ?

Il wait and see if I recieve another pump pack

No wonder folk flip with their GPS as I'm ready to look else where for new GP 😡

Il keep yous posted tho I guess yous are sick lreading my mails and rants 😱

Kaz xx

Sparkler

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2019, 05:34:45 PM »

Hi Karen

No one is fed up with hearing each others' problems. We have one here to support each other else we would go crazy!

I have read elsewhere about 2 pumps being the standard dose for gel, but hopefully some else can verify that soon. 4 sounds like a lot.

Xx

Karen max

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2019, 06:34:35 PM »

Sparkle
Aw thank you they told me in hrt to use 2 pumps twice daily it's my GP who has done the prescription and it's down as once daily , I phoned GP this afternoon as told receptionist I was using what the doctor at hrt told me to use so I need another pump pack so il see what happens ..

It would be great if I could get away with once daily as I'd use it st bed time giving it all night to soak into skin but I'm on 100 mg everol patch so I really think I'd be dropping half if I only use once a day ( or maybe I'm completely wrong )

Just bit confused as my GP is as clueless to hrt as I am

Kaz xx