Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Extra Vitamins & Minerals  (Read 1762 times)

Countrygirl

Extra Vitamins & Minerals
« on: April 23, 2019, 11:22:53 AM »

Hi ladies, I'm hoping someone may have some advice as I need some help as looking into taking vitamins and minerals to help with the anxiety/low mood problems and have come up with the following:

Apple cider vinegar with mother (haven't got this yet, any advice?),
magnesium (I've found a spray),
b vits (I've got these) x

and finally omega3 and this is the one I'm really struggling with, as I assumed it was just a fish derivative, but found flaxseed ones and have now seen 6&9 mentioned too, so not sure if they would be better as I have very low fat diet due to no gallbladder x

Any advice would be really appreciated as it seems every month is getting harder for me with the anxiety peaking each month and I know my diet is not great due to tummy, thank you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Extra Vitamins & Minerals
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 12:01:11 PM »

How do feel over-all?

Low VitD levels can be diagnosed via a blood test.  Taking prescribed capsules improved my tiredness within 3 weeks.  I got so that 20 mins. weeding meant I had to sit absolutely still for 2 hours  :-\.

Many alternatives will be flushed from the body if they aren't required. 

Mum swore by apple cider vinegar diluted in warm water at breakfast or evening. Can't remember the size of the glass she used. She had painful joints and thought it helped.  Certainly it is a very old way of taking vinegar.  How about apples daily?  I can't be bothered to chew them  ::) ........

Omega3 is from fish - flaxseeds are hard to crush, I gave up on those  ::).  Maybe have a look C at Holland and Barrett web-site?

What are you taking for the gut problems, mine get queasy with anxiety  :'(  :-\.  Also when the body is hungry.  Eating little and often has worked for me as well as having slow release foods to hand: mixed, dried fruits and nuts, porridge, bananas, bl chocolate ..........

Even if the anxiety is cyclical why not try an appropriate medication, either as necessary or long-term.  I have a betablocka at night to prevent the anxiety surges as well as an emergency pill to swallow when anxiety strikes.

Give us a clue about your diet ? 

JaneinPen

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 03:42:02 PM »

You do need the high dose of Omega3 to feel the benefits. I tried it and after ten days had to give up as it really caused tummy problems for me. My husband however takes it with no issues at all

BlueButterfly

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 03:45:28 AM »

I use apple cider vinegar sometimes for varying issues. Dilute in water before you drink it. How much water depends on how much you want to drink with that taste. I like to keep the glass smaller.

Definitely Omega 3s.

Countrygirl

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 11:35:24 AM »

Hi CLKD thank you for replying, I'm feeling awful  :'( the anxiety is really bad at the moment, I already take beta blockers 40mg x 3 times a day which have helped for years, but seems to not be helping as much at the moment and I'm exhausted. I just need a couple of days with lower level so I can get myself back together x

My diet is very low fat and low fibre and nothing rich or too spicy so pretty bland as my tummy doesn't hang about so have to take meds  so I know I'm probably lacking in vitamins and minerals big time x

Have ordered the magnesium spray and apple cider vinegar so far x

Herdwick will check the different levels of omega 3 out, thanks x

Blue butterfly will keep that in mind when it comes thanks x
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 11:38:51 AM by Countrygirl »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 07:13:36 PM »

We need fats!! as well as sugars.  Maybe see a dietician?

I suggest that you get some 'rescue remedy' and see a GP about a short-course of anti-anxiety, i.e. Valium 3 times a day for 5 days or on an as-necssary basis.  Getting a break from anxiety is important, it can impact on our internal organs and the brain gets used to high levels which makes it harder to 'come down'. 

Shadyglade

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 08:47:28 AM »

Hi CLKD thank you for replying, I'm feeling awful  :'( the anxiety is really bad at the moment, I already take beta blockers 40mg x 3 times a day which have helped for years, but seems to not be helping as much at the moment and I'm exhausted. I just need a couple of days with lower level so I can get myself back together x

My diet is very low fat and low fibre and nothing rich or too spicy so pretty bland as my tummy doesn't hang about so have to take meds  so I know I'm probably lacking in vitamins and minerals big time x

Have ordered the magnesium spray and apple cider vinegar so far x

Herdwick will check the different levels of omega 3 out, thanks x

Blue butterfly will keep that in mind when it comes thanks x

I went on a low fat diet once.

Lost half a stone but felt totally Crap.  As CLKD said we do need fats.