Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Just read an article about Carol vorderman menopause  (Read 7216 times)

Moonshine54

Just read an article about Carol vorderman menopause
« on: April 14, 2019, 08:30:04 PM »

Just read this article about Carol Vorderman.  She's said that she had a horrendous time with her menopause symptoms,  and felt sucidal. She went to see Pfof Studd and was prescribed bioidentical hormones in a gel.  She said within two days she was  back to normal. What are they ? and are they only available privately.?  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Just read an article about Carol vorderman menopause
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 08:30:39 PM »

Put bio-identical into the search box on here ;-)

Then let us know.  Within 2 days?   ::)

Moonshine54

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 08:36:48 PM »

I will do...yes  she said two days but does sound a bit too good to be true xx

Robin

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 08:38:33 PM »

I think that whoever wrote the article probably used the term bioidentical but the correct term is body identical. They're 2 different things and often get confused. I think the gel is most likely oestrogel which is body identical and something that professor studd does prescribe and is also available on the NHS via your gp. Lots of ladies here use it.

Professor studd is unlikely to prescribe bio identical hormones as they are unregulated.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 09:09:09 PM by Robin »

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 09:02:05 PM »

She also credits her incredible figure to the hrt she's on!
Must be good, I don't look like her on my hrt! 😂😂

Robin

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 09:03:59 PM »

;D

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 08:12:37 AM »

It helped her. It's 1 story out of 1,000s ;-)

Night_Owl

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 10:56:37 AM »

Think I remember reading somewhere that she uses Oestrogel (estrogen gel) and Utrogestan (progesterone) - available on NHS.  Carol is fortunate in immediately finding a regime that suited (I'm in the small minority who tried many years of trial and error but never found the 'right fit' HRT).  She does look good - must be down to genetics too.

Night_Owl

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 12:20:13 PM »

yeh, absolutely Birdy, post-meno baps and booty don't look like that on just HRT!

Krista65

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2020, 09:27:55 PM »

Just read this article about Carol Vorderman.  She's said that she had a horrendous time with her menopause symptoms,  and felt sucidal. She went to see Pfof Studd and was prescribed bioidentical hormones in a gel.  She said within two days she was  back to normal. What are they ? and are they only available privately.?  :)

Just to say, I do not trust that woman. She blocked me on Twatter because I dared mention she has had cosmetic surgery. I think she's trying to make money and will say anything. Also don't believe she was having her monthlys til she was 54. Sorry to sound so negative but you don't get a Barbie body like hers through workouts alone. It's disingenuous. Just like the women who say their clear firm skin us down to drinking lots of water a day when they've really had a facelift.

Rant paused but never over.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 09:31:23 PM by Krista65 »

Emm225

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2020, 07:40:43 AM »

Well she's very lucky if her figure is down to HRT treatments...I would love to hear from others who have benefited like this.  i put on wieight round my middle and on the scales....and I have been roughly the same shape and weight for 25 to 30 years. I don't like the change in my figure, but worth it for relief from sweats, anxiety and tearfulness. (altho not total relief from the last 2..but a bit)

sheila99

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2020, 07:54:04 AM »

Also don't believe she was having her monthlys til she was 54.

I think you're wrong on that one. I had no peri symptoms until I was 56. There are several ladies on this site with a later meno.

Kathleen

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2020, 08:54:12 AM »

Hello ladies.

I thought I would mention that I am one of those women who had their last period at age 54 meaning I became officially post meno at age 55. Incidentally I thought my symptoms would only last a few years then go away but at age 57 I felt worse so that is when I embarked on HRT. I am 63 now and have been HRT free for a year but have ongoing problems with anxiety and tearfulness. My flushes have also returned recently but are mild and manageable.
There are quite a few of us later meno ladies here and like sheila99 I had no real problems with peri menopause.

My shape has also changed. The  biggest difference I have noticed is that my bottom has become flat and my abdomen more rounded. It is as if the fat stored in my bottom has moved to my belly, I don't have a spare tyre though which a lot of my post meno friends have as well.

I think any changes to our figures are easier to accept if we feel generally well and in control of our lives.

Take care everyone.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2020, 08:55:53 AM »

She blocked me on Twatter because I dared mention she has had cosmetic surgery

You are lucky that Carol isn't suing you!

Krista65

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2020, 09:13:34 AM »

She blocked me on Twatter because I dared mention she has had cosmetic surgery

You are lucky that Carol isn't suing you!

:)

I'm just looking at testosterone therapy. I think it might be worth a Google as Iv'e found a couple of articles saying some doctors believe this could be the way forward for some women.

Pages: [1] 2 3