Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Should i be getting any bleeding 2 years into having the mirena fitted?  (Read 1072 times)

Noheroicsplease

Hi all,

I'm on a good (as in, successful) HRT regime. 100mg Estradot patch every 3 days, 2/3 pumps of Tostran a week and the mirena coil, which was fitted 2.4 years ago.

But I've noticed that when wiping after the loo, there's often a faint smear of blood. Nothing that is leaking out, as it were, but just a smudge

Shoudl I be worried? Do I need to see the doctor?

Dancinggirl

I believe only 60% of women are bleed free with the Mirena.  A bit of spotting is usually fine and as you are on a high dose of oestrogen then there is probably more of a chance of some spotting. As long as you can still feel the strings and the spotting doesn't become more of a proper bleed, I wouldn't worry. DG x

Noheroicsplease

Thank you! I've actually never felt the strings, don't know how, don't WANT to know how. Eek.

Tinkerbell

I had my mirena fitted nearly three years ago and i get very slight spotting/staining occasionally for about a day, i had some last week but i think the time before that was last summer. My GP said that was fine but to tell her if it became heavier or more frequent, i use 3 pumps of Estrogel, so quite a high dose, so i wonder if that is the reason it happens.

Tinkerbell

I have never been able to find my strings, but GP has! I have a smear due so will get them to check then.

Abba Fan

I use 4 pumps of estrogel daily and get the odd bit of spotting every now and then for a day or two. I sometimes get a bit of spotting after a heavy exercise class too.