Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sinusitis - sudden onset at age 45/46, anyone else?  (Read 5467 times)

TraceyTracey

Sinusitis - sudden onset at age 45/46, anyone else?
« on: January 20, 2019, 02:19:51 PM »

Hi there.

So peri now for 6 years or more.  Over the past 4 winters I have had 4 bouts of sinusitis that lasted over 2 weeks each and left me tired, congested, sleep deprived and signed off work.  I read that Peri and menopause can bring on sinusitus and rynitis.   I was told I had recurring rynitus in May this year after months of what seemed like allergy problems. 

I have just had a week off due flu like symptoms resulting in synusitis, I have been sick for 11 days now and am starting to feel a little better but still very congested.   

Has anyone else had this as a symptom?   I have never had sinus issues before, but it seems like every cold now takes an extreme turn and leaves me with an infection and laid low.

My lifestyle is healthy, but I only manage 6 hrs sleep a night, they say 8 is optimal but my body does not allow me to get close to 8 unless  am relaxed and on a beach holiday.   

A good thing though I my overall mood is good despite this set back in January.  The Estrogen  and Merina fitting now working in harmony  :). Was without the Merina for 4 months and I felt it.

Thank you ladies

jaypo

Re: Sinusitis - sudden onset at age 45/46, anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 02:42:44 PM »

Yes,my sinuses are worse now, I just use Sudafed but since being told I've a wheat allergy and cut wheat out,my drippy nose is a lot better,allergies can cause sinus problems and they say menopause can up hay fever issues also.
Oh the joys 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 03:32:53 PM »

I developed rhinitis many years ago. I was on The Pill at the time and never connected that until this very moment  ::).  Post nasal drip, contestant throat clearing.

Sinusitis is painful.  I had it the first time aged 18, tried to lift my head off the pillow and OH it was like being hung over for no reason  :'(.  We were going away for C.mas otherwise I would have remained in bed.  Jn Aspirin was on offer  :-\.  I couldn't move my head without all hell breaking lose across my head, nose and cheeks.

It turned out that my work mate and I were cross infecting each other so had a course of anti-biotics at the same time and it cleared.  I had it a couple of times in the 1970s then the rhinitis took over.  'itis' = infection.

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 05:27:02 PM »

Hello TraceyTracey.

It seems like many of us fall prey to inflammatory health conditions at this time in our lives (the suffix 'itis' is from the Greek meaning inflammation ).  I understand that all animal foods are pro inflammatory and plant foods are anti inflammatory so perhaps you could alter your diet for a while and see if that helps. I also read that the spice Turmeric is a powerful anti inflammatory so maybe try some Turmeric tea?

Hope this helps and that you feel better soon.

Take care.

K.

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 05:49:46 PM »

Yes, I have an almost constant snot issue, the only thing that clears it is a nasal wash, it's not exactly pleasant but it's the only thing that shifts it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 07:14:53 PM »

However, a lot of people that I know who cook with Turmeric also sniff  :-X