Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Alcohol  (Read 6485 times)

funnell

Re: Alcohol
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2019, 04:00:25 PM »

thanks so much for all kind replies.some people do have
1 bad thing after another happen to them+i do wander why me.im still in  peri meno even at my age,last period,
dec+before that was in august. so i was 47 when daughter got killed by serial killer,+thought i was doing ok,but now with full  meno approaching,at almost 60,definately late starter! its all coming back to me,
+i think about her more +how i couldv prevented it.
issues with son so he wont let me visit or visit me here
+partner has C K D so he may well last few years on dialysis.i suppose cancer is worse.some people have such seemingly good lives+still complain,+i carry on.
i will go to gp+ask about a safer hrt?i had DCIS ,or
preinvasive, lump in milk glands only. so i may be ok
with hrt.?i will make that appointment +enjoy my drinks
tonight!

jaypo

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2019, 04:42:19 PM »

Omg reading that took my breath away,I'm so very sorry,none of us know how we would cope in your situation.really am lost for words.
Keep fighting ❤️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2019, 05:44:32 PM »

Funnell - maybe a personal thread in this 'personal experiences' room so that we can keep supporting you?  so that you don't get lost.

You have a lot going on.  What's C K D?  [chronic kidney disease]  :-\

I read yesterday about a man who shortly after his 30th birthday found that his twin brother had been killed by two men.  In more recent years he has met with 1 of them prior to this man's potential release.  He has found it cathartic thus far.  Something to do with 'victim support', he was able to tell the killer exactly how the actions continue to affect him and has found also that this man has regretted his actions.  I don't know if I have that kind of mentality to believe that someone could change having caused such trauma.  Killers don't realise how much actions impact, like a pebble in a puddle .......

The word here is 'enjoy'.  Take pleasure in choosing a good wine, pick a lovely glass, take time in pouring the drink and savour it.  Don't see it as a chore or necessity but as a reward!  Maybe in a bubble bath  ;)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2019, 05:57:43 PM »

Hi Funnel
Like Jaypo said, KEEP FIGHTING!
Go to your GP, and ask for hrt, like you say, you may be able to get some, gotta be worth a try.
Also ask if they can refer you off to someone to talk to, explain what your going through,
I'm sure they'll refer you to someone. You can't carry on like this.
I'm so sorry about everything that's happened to you, I can't even start to feel how or understand how you feel, it's just devastating. So plz ask GP for help.
Please, please, keep posting, you don't have to bottle everything up, have a rant on here,
Or ask anything on here, someone's always on to talk to......
Enjoy your drink, my god, you deserve it......you've so much to deal with.

You mentioned ginger wine, my dad used to give me a glass of that years ago, he loved it, so did I,.....I'd  actually forgotten all about that, so thank you.......

Jd xx.

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2019, 06:01:18 PM »

I loved ginger wine.  I also had some recently to ease my persistent cough but of course, I can't remember the name on the bottle  ::).  It was quite spicy and warming.  Don't know if it did my cough any good .....

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2019, 06:04:34 PM »

Stones Ginger wine?

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2019, 06:11:11 PM »

That's what I used to buy.  Usually in December ......... still on the shelves but what I choose recently was a different make. 

funnell

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2020, 08:32:22 PM »

THANKS SO MUCH! for all your lovely replies .was having probs with forum,+ finding this site. Got the hang of it now+only just read
most of them. I'm in touch with son. +visit monthly(but not at mo of course) . Dialysis keeps partner alive. Seems to be doing ok
but he has lots other health probs. Obviously son +grandson are more important+ I carry on for their sake. I m in proper menopause now,
no period since last march 2019. Was advised to have breast removed because of D C I S. had 2 biopsies awake. + and  an op under
anaesthetic to remove the precancer cells contained in milk ducts.That was all done in Dec/Jan. Don't no now when mastectomy will
be as Doc wanted to do it in July. I'd really rather not have this done, my breasts are too small as it is ,but Doc says DCIS can spread
into main tissue? +I had DCIS removed 10 years ago + it's returned. As for comments reg killers who get let out of jail,
they still have their lives to carry on living.What about the victims +their families that have the life sentence. I DONT  believe in
forgiveness, I'm not religious. Trying to understand what I'm going through unless you v been through it yourselves is difficult.
We r all capable of killing some1 in  self defence, protecting ourselves/families etc. Or manslaughter, meaning it's unintentional.
But to purposely set out to  kill +dump humans ,like theyr a piece of rubbish? I never got to see daughter,to say goodbye,
Not after 5  weeks of lying in ditch,of course the cops won't let me + her dad see her like that.
As I'm getting older I'm more afraid,especially of younger men. Care where I go ,no remote places alone.not even parks.
We are looked down on by younger people,, more vulnerable,more at risk. Am I 2 anxious reg this.I darent leave
windows,doors unlocked, even in day time. CHEERS to all.I l enjoy my drinks now!x

jaypo

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2020, 07:10:23 AM »

Funnel,please can't you get help,nobody should have to go through all of this on their own
You?re right,none of us can even imagine how you are feeling,your story is so sad but surely you?re not left to cope on your own after a murder of your daughter?
Get help...please xx
Pages: 1 2 [3]