Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Worried about histoscopy  (Read 1396 times)

Coogee

Worried about histoscopy
« on: May 15, 2019, 04:30:59 PM »

Hi

Sorry, I have another question. I get more good advice and knowledge from you than I can get elsewhere. I am in peri.

I have had blood tests, internal scan and a uterine biopsy because of months of non stop bleeding (went to doctor after 6 weeks, finally got tested after 7 months). So far, thankfully, all results have come back as normal.

I got the biopsy results today (what a horrible wait that is) and the letter says "no abnormalities" but as the lining was shown to be thickened (13mm) at the scan I now need a histoscopy when they will take samples.

Can anyone help? Why if scan and biopsy are ok do I need this? If they knew I would need a histoscopy anyway, why do the biopsy on its own? I am trying not to let my thoughts go haywire but I am worried.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Worried about histoscopy
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 04:38:52 PM »

Why don't 'they' explain!?!

I'm sure someone will be along but I believe that some HRT treatments can allow the womb to hold on to it's lining which becomes thickened.  This may hide any problems which is why a biopsy is taken.  Why not do it all at the same time  :-\  ::)

You could ring the Dept. with your queries or book in with the Practice Nurse but hopefully someone will give advice. 

Coogee

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 04:46:47 PM »

Thanks. I am not on HRT so this is all my body's making! The nurse doing the ultrasound said there may be a polyp but she couldn't be sure. I agree, some explanation would help no end!

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 06:52:03 PM »

How are your periods in general?

Coogee

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 07:48:08 PM »

Merged into one loooooong bleed. Occasionally very heavy and clots but most days light. I did stop bleeding for a month, then the mucusy discharge started followed by bleeding again. Looking forward to the end of this. Not had any other peri symptoms, at least nothing major. The odd brain fog but that passes. Win some, lose some.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 07:53:08 PM »

There is a drug which eases long bleeds ;-)

FOF

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 08:16:34 PM »

Hi coogee
Hope I can help I'm recovering myself from a hysteroscopy and D&C I had a pipelle biopsy and ultrasound and was told I had a 7mm lining I'm not on any systemic HRT but I was on ovestin daily for 3 months .
My consultant who was lovely  explained it using a very good analogy " I've gone in in the dark and had a rummage around ,now I want to put the lights on and have a good look just to check all the corners " she also explained that sometimes the ultrasound can come up with a thick measurement but when she looks it's not thick as sometimes small cysts get measured as the hiding in the lining hope this helps xxx

Coogee

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 09:04:02 AM »

Thank you FOF. That has helped. I saw my GP today as a follow up and she couldn't explain it either. Hopefully I'll finish this bumpy ride soon.

Brit66

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2020, 10:10:20 PM »

Hi, I have been having the same symptoms as you had due constant bleeding etc, I have been scheduled for a hysteroscopy and I'm worried about getting a diagnosis of cancer. How did you get on? Did your bleeding settle down? I hope so :)