Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Skin problems on legs anyone?  (Read 10831 times)

Shadyglade

Re: Skin problems on legs anyone?
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2019, 11:11:23 PM »

Err, don't understand a word of that.  ???   ::)

Conolly

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2019, 11:15:17 PM »

HSP = highly sensitive person

Aspie = Asperger's syndrome disorder

We're the weirdos 😂

Conolly X

orrla

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2019, 11:27:51 PM »

Now I know why I loved you on instant!!! ;))

he he :)

Shadyglade

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2019, 11:29:07 PM »

Ah, I thought it was some new street words. My sons find it hilarious when I don't understand.  ;D

Conolly

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2019, 11:36:40 PM »

Haha Shadyglade, it can also be some naughty street words https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php'term=HSP  ;D

Conolly X

Shadyglade

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2019, 11:45:26 PM »

Crumbs, I do live a sheltered life.  ;)

orrla

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2019, 03:40:00 PM »

Hi there!

So, I managed to take few clear pictures, and checked dates. I was wrong. Mid June was when Mirena went out, but Evorel Conti started two or three months before. Also, from descriptions, and pics, of conditions in a leaflet, mine are different as none hurts. So, back to square one, really  :(

Here is my foot, if anyone would like to admire..

orrla

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2019, 03:41:43 PM »

... sorry?  Don't know how to attach ..

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2019, 03:54:48 PM »

Right Ladies!

The body 'de-toxes' itself. Continually.  Otherwise we wouldn't have a liver or kidneys.  The body also heals itself.  To a certain degree.

We are hunter gathers.  Not runners unless being chased.  So running on the whole is bad for the body: stress fractures of ankles, feet, shin bones ......... brisk walking however, helps stave off osteoporosis, along with a mixed diet with calcium.  Picking fruits from the hedgerows as we went as well as the odd mammoth shared with all the cave dwellers.

Going back to the 1950s, everyone in the countryside grew their own or knew someone who did and would barter any extras.  Those with extra drove their crops to the markets in the nearby towns.  No time to consider detoxing, pilates etc.. So that's exercise sorted: gardening, farming, walking, caring for stock.  Rain, hail, sunshine.  Went to bed at dusk and up at dawn.  Chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits for the table at the bottom of the garden. Nothing was wasted.  Some had a pig fattened for autumn slaughter.

Don't know how people coped in towns  :-\ other than relying on foods transported into the weekly markets.  Butchers slaughtered on site so food was fresh unless one thinks of the flies  :-X. Butchers often raised their own or paid farmers.

As cars became accepted we exercised less.  Usually Dad had the car to get to work, everyone else cycled  :D.  So again, exercising. Mum went apple picking in Sept., M in L had an allotment: 6 days a week, weeding, hoeing, planting, plucking, grading; waiting 4 the collection lorry to take produce to market.  Then we got 2 cars  >:(.  I know I need to exercise more often: that is walking, running up stairs [carefully], finding some hills to strengthen thigh muscles.  I don't make resolutions until I think it's necessary  ;D.  NOTE TO SELF ?

So cut out any thoughts of paying for detoxing.  Exercise is free: walking costs nowt other than a good pair of boots, water proofs and a good water container.  A bit of cash for a cuppa/bun half way round?  If you want company, join ramblers? or your local Council Walk for Health Group.  Nowt wrong with a massage, I get a pedicure token for C.mas which I will change up soon. 

Getting the circulation going may be a starting point? 

Conolly

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2019, 03:59:37 PM »

Hello orria,

I think the only way to attach a photo is uploading it on an image hosting website (Google photos, Dropbox, Imgur and others).  Once you've done it you will be able to copy a link to your photo and paste it over here.

Conolly X

orrla

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2019, 04:44:18 PM »

Conolly

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2019, 05:00:33 PM »

Thank you, orria. I will investigate, but they do look like what my sister had after a horse accident. Her diagnosis was 'Granuloma annulare'. It's a type IV hypersensitive immune reaction. Have a google and see if it rings a bell.

Conolly X

Conolly

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2019, 05:09:37 PM »

Have just noticed I've been calling you orria! Sorry  ;D too much reading these days  ;D

My name has been misspelled as well, Connolly, Connely, Connelly. Next time I'll choose something simple  ;D

Orrla, yessss!

Conolly X

Conolly

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2019, 05:13:22 PM »

Erythrema Annulare Centrifugum is another possibility.

I would link a very good Medscape article with photos but you have to be registered (free) to see it. One of the causes is oestrogen and another is autoimmune progesterone dermatitis. Unfortunately it's a pay per view article and I'm a bit low on bread  ::) https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(02)00065-8/pdf

Conolly X
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 05:24:59 PM by Conolly »

orrla

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2019, 05:14:20 PM »

;)  .. I did not notice!

Thank you so much Conolly!!!  You are so good!

:)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5