Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Skin problems on legs anyone?  (Read 10840 times)

orrla

Re: Skin problems on legs anyone?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 07:55:24 PM »

Thanks,

Yes, it is water retention ..ever since that bl... meno.

And, I remember, after I first complained to my GP about it, she told me to keep my feet up, which I did, until I accidentally looked at them and noticed that one is much wider than the other.

So, I run to orthopaedicst who prescribed insoles, and told me that this was from not walking enough. 

And indeed, they get better with walking. But my trouble are winters! Socks, heavy shoes, cold, insoles, bla, bla.

My feet feel best at beach in summer! ;)

Conolly

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 08:09:18 PM »

So do mine  ;D

Swollen ankles can also be kidney related, but if they get better with walking is likely to be poor circulation. Diabetes, thyroid problems, hypertension, obesity are amongst the common causes.

I had a look at the link you've posted regarding erythema nodosum, but I didn't see you mentioning that your rashes are lumps and feel warm. Do they?

Red clover can cause basically the same effects of oestrogen, including rash-like reactions. Epaderm is quite safe and couldn't be the cause. You have tried a bunch of anti-fungal meds, but have you taken them along with cortisone?

Can you think of any other symptoms that might be related to this? I know it's hard to pinpoint specific symptoms when we're in menopause, we seem to have all symptoms!

Conolly X

orrla

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 09:03:45 PM »

Thanks, Conelly! :)

Yes, my lifestyle is the main problem!

When I feel as if I was an already dead cat, what else could I do?

I am not obese although I did put some weight on, but I am still considered slim - 175 cm / 70 kg. currently... in my pre meno days more around 62...?  No drastic change there, really..

Yes, I drink alcohol, and to be honest - between me and you - this is the problem..?!... or guilt...?

I had to go through the major change in my lifestyle, from very active to idle, due to...meno!

I hate it!

Yes, I wonder if the whole thing on my legs is not psychsomatic..!?

I am capable of developing such, I know from my twenties.. It took years to diagnose something then, that came from me in particular environment.

Now, again, I am HSP in a hostile environment..

..but the point is, what could I change!?

I can't change environment, not for a while at least, until I feel stronger; my diet works...sort of, I am not obese, ..and I am not prepared to give up fags or booze because they are the only things that keep me sane! 

..and I did cut down a lot on them already, anyways.

orrla

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 09:13:19 PM »

...it crossed my mind that perhaps I was boozing on wrong stuff - coop cheap wine vs. vodka?....

Conolly

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 09:26:42 PM »

Hello again, orria.

Psychosomatic? Hardly. Alcohol and HRT don't mix well though. To be honest, I envy you a bit. I used to love wine and tequila and now can't have any of them, blame it on menopause and migraines.

You're in very good shape compared to me and I don't drink, don't smoke and don't eat meat.

Fags is a different story. I think you should try to decrease and eventually stop. They really mess with your whole body.

Maybe a bit more physical activity will keep you sane, endorphins and all that. That's my New Year resolution!

Changing environment is important but very hard, so try changing your internal environment at least?

Conolly X

AgathaC

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 09:34:29 PM »

Loads of good advice from the very wise Conolly. Hope your legs improve.
I completely understand how you need something to look forward to/turn to/enjoy/whatever you want to call it and so, yes, continue to enjoy a drink. But I'm sure the absolutely best thing you could ever do for yourself is try and ditch the fags. You've said you've already cut down so it shows you've got the willpower. Well done on that xx

orrla

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2019, 09:40:25 PM »

Thnx! :)

...well, Vodka, they say, is good for killing worms of all sorts...;) ..I am testing!!

I am desperate to find the solution!

orrla

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2019, 09:46:23 PM »

...that Red Clver, or arount that time, gave me a massive allergic reaction. I did not go to Christmas celebrations because I coughed like mad, and wondered if I developed asthma..

Shadyglade

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2019, 09:50:08 PM »

Loads of good advice from the very wise Conolly. Hope your legs improve.
I completely understand how you need something to look forward to/turn to/enjoy/whatever you want to call it and so, yes, continue to enjoy a drink. But I'm sure the absolutely best thing you could ever do for yourself is try and ditch the fags. You've said you've already cut down so it shows you've got the willpower. Well done on that xx

More wise words.  Both drink and cigarettes are bad for the circulation and the skin.  Plus your medication makes too many chemicals in the mix.  Sounds like you need a detox and cleanup.

orrla

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2019, 09:51:06 PM »

Yeah, you are great, Conelly!

Thank you for your attention!

:) ;) ::) 8) :o ::) :-* :-* :-*

orrla

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2019, 09:58:26 PM »

Yes, Shadyglafe, I am thinking about it.

They have in Poland these Sanatoria at places where are various mineral eaters, plus various treatments available at premises.

..so, I wonder..

If I went to one of those, and drunk some local mineral waters regularly, and let myself to be massaged and pampered all day, beside breathing fresh air and walking while admiring the beauty of local envitonment, would this help?! ..

Worth trying!...

..only, who will pay for all this!

Shadyglade

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 10:08:15 PM »

You shouldn't have to spend much at all, if you do it at home. 

Fresh fruit and veg, wean yourself of the bad stuff and increase your exercise.  Try joining a fitness club locally, so you can have some support.  Introduce changes gradually and be kind to yourself. 

An exercise and food journal also helps. 

orrla

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2019, 10:20:47 PM »

You are right! This is how I fel, under the circumstances..

So, no coop vibe anymore, .. i eat salads already, smoke tobacco roll-ups, fewer of them, drink water

...what else?!

Walking!?!

Well I am next to a park, where since I moved there were 4 rapes, further few attempts, and two murders since I moved in seven years ago...

My neighbours won't speak to me, even window cleaner will not wash my windows - because I speak with accent... So they were dirty at Christmas ..

Now, yes, I pay for gym 7 min away...

I'll go there soon.

I promise!!!?!!!!

orrla

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2019, 10:44:59 PM »

Sorry!

As a HSP I tend to go deep. I apologise!

Conolly

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2019, 11:04:43 PM »

What are you apologising for, dear? Are you a HSP for environmental or emotional stuff as well? I'm an Aspie, so I guess I also qualify as a HSP.

Conolly X
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5