Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Femseven conti discontinued  (Read 30811 times)

Jules53

Re: Femseven conti discontinued
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2019, 04:55:56 PM »

Can anyone recomnend  an oestrogen patch or gel and a progesterone tablet to replace Femseven Conti patches please?

I've posted a new topic on this but haven't received any replies and I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow so want to be armed with information.

Thanks.

Jules

Hurdity

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2019, 06:48:14 PM »

If you are used to patches and they suit you then you could ask for Femseven 50 mcg patches ( same dose as you are on) and then pair that with a tablet progestogen - eg Provera, or micronised progesterone (Utrogestan 100 mg). The latter has a sedative affect but some women use it vaginally although many don't want to use it this way on a continuous basis. There are women ( Dotty is one I think) who happily take it every day! There are also other patches in this dose - I use Estradot which are very small and stick well - changed twice weekly.

The other alternative is the Mirena coil which has excatly the same progestogen as Femseven - but a little more invasive. Many women swear by this!

Hope this helps and let us know what you decide and how you get on.

Hurdity x

Jules53

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2019, 07:12:47 PM »

Thanks Hurdity.

I'm a bit confused - is there a Femseven 50mcg patch as well then as I'm already on the Femseven Conti 50mcg patch already and they have been discontinued?

I have been starting to feel more anxious again lately so I think I would prefer the gel so I could tweak the dose up or down. My 2 main problems are that I can't lose weight, even though I am on  a healthy diet and I exercise, and the anxiety. I'm not sure whether this is caused by estrogen dominance or not enough estrogen

I'm so confused and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Jules x

Jo24

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2019, 07:21:45 PM »

I discussed the Fem7 Conti fiasco with my Meno Consultant (Sheffield Clinic) recently.
She provided me with the following options :
Evorel Conti patch
Oest patch + utrogestan 100mg orally nocte
Oest patch + Mirena coil
Non are ideal for me personally, but if things remain as they are for much longer I will have to get an alternative.
I did look online at the Climara Pro, and did notice that there is more Levo than in the Fem7 so they are not truly equivalent.

roseandthorn

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2019, 08:54:58 PM »

Yes that is true....the progesterone component is almost double. Back to the drawing board. 😔

Jo24

« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2019, 10:47:50 PM »

I thought I had mis-read it at first, but no, it's 15mcg per 24hrs in the Climara, 7mcg in Fem7 Conti- a huge difference that I would not tolerate; the Fem7 Sequi has 10mcg Levo in the combined patch, and that was a nightmare for me, I felt terrible on it.
I am having a tele consult with my GP next week to discuss the ongoing issue with Theramex  🙄

Jules53

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2019, 08:54:55 AM »

I went back to see my GP as I had been given Kliovance tablets which were half the strength of Femseven Conti (as I'm going to try weaning off) but I've been having bad acid reflux lately and said I would prefer Oestrogen gel with a Progesterone tablet. Today I am starting Ustdogen 100 tablets and Oestrodose gel (1 or 2 pumps).

The last few weeks  I have been having a feeling that I can't take a deep breath with some anxiety so I'm not sure whether I need more or less Oestrogen. With the gel I can see whether I need one or two pumps. The doctor has checked my lungs and isn't concerned. She thinks it's anxiety and wants me to go on antidepressants again, which I would rather avoid. I also had a partial thyroidectomy 3 months ago so have got that in the mix😓.

Will keep you posted how it goes with this combination x

Dancing Queen

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2019, 11:11:38 AM »

I went to the Drs to get my femseven sequi prescription renewed and as we know we can`t get it but she insisted I took the prescription and tried a few places. Well as it was snowing I phoned about 6 with the predictable result no way. Rang the surgery.. pop back and see the Dr this afternoon... trek through the snow...back to the Dr, she said ok we`ll try Evorel sequi, we`ll just take your blood pressure......  oh dear it`s 160 over 80 ... oh I can`t give you a prescription till it comes down.  Seeing as I`d been traipsing here there and everywhere through the snow knowing I was on a fruitless mission are you surprised it was up!?! Measured it at home and it`s 129/78.  But I`ve now got to take it for a week before I can get my magic patches. Sigh...... >:(   

Lanzalover

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2019, 12:27:53 PM »

Oh that's so annoying Dancing Queen as you say it's no wonder it was high after the morning you'd had. All caused by your GP I  would have told them in no uncertain terms their incompetence was a contributing factor in the high reading.

Lanzalover x

atalanta

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2019, 08:25:28 AM »

So I've seen suggestions for what could be taken in place of Femseven conti. Can anyone tell me what to ask for to replicate the  Femseven sequi patches?   

Dancing Queen

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2019, 09:44:57 AM »

I will be starting evorel sequi in a  week or so..keeping fingers crossed that it suits me!

atalanta

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2019, 10:15:53 AM »

I really hope the Evorol work for you. The issue for me is Evorol use a different progestogen.

In Femseven sequi its levonorgestrol and that works well for me, I seem to be sensitive to norethisterone (in Evorol) it makes me feel flat and anxious. I'm wondering what options there are for keeping with the same ingredients as Femseven sequi.

helen63

« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2019, 04:40:55 PM »

I've given up on getting any femseven conti patches due to the manufacturing problem.. Ive been on Evorel conti patches but i'm  getting bleeding every 10days so was going to change to femseven conti. Had all the usual tests done and all is ok but my doctor thinks the patch has activated my fibroids again so getting bleeds.  So now has suggested Evorel 25 patch and mirena coil to stop the bleeding and protect womb. Evorel25 is half the amount of estradoil thats in the Evorel conti patch so no idea whether will do any good as the conti patch didnt help much.. I think a lot of ladies are going to have to look for alternatives as cant get femseven patches and start again with getting the right dosage . I've had a mirena before and was good but not sure if I want to go back there again. Has anyone had this combination of HRT and how did it work for you ?.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 04:54:23 PM by helen63 »

roseandthorn

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2019, 03:54:39 PM »

Update...so I have just seem a GP. We were amalgamated with a huge group practice when our practice closed...I have no relationship with any GP so just booked online. She was very nice but admitted she "didn't do this very often...." I explained why I was there and said I believed that the Femseven oestrogen only patch was still available, and that I understood that it was recommended to add Utrogestan as the progesterone. She asked me how I knew all this!!!!!!! Anyway I have the prescription, although there was another embarrassing moment when she was unsure of the dosage for continuous HRT so I told her I thought it was 100mg Utrogestan daily....am I right, knowledgeable ladies???

I have about 6 weeks Femseven conti patches left and am eeking them out in the meantime.

Dotty

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2019, 04:04:40 PM »

Hi do you mean the oestrogen patches in the Femseven Sequi?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10