Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Femseven conti discontinued  (Read 30743 times)

Marsha11

Femseven conti discontinued
« on: December 31, 2018, 12:45:21 AM »

Anyone have an update on the shortage of Femseven conti. I have a part owed prescription due to lack of stock; I have 3 weeks left of patches and feel really frustrated, as I have terrible side effects with Evorel and tablets do not work for me. I think the progesterone in Femseven is perfect for me and there doesn't seem to be any other patches that contain this? What is going on. I read Teva has said it is now Theramax that will take over productuction, but other info says Teva bought out Theramax, so feel they are giving the users the run around - it's disgraceful! :(

Angel1964

Re: Femseven conti discontinued
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 06:12:20 AM »

I have just emailed them again asking for an update. If we all do this we might get an answer.

[email protected]

Angel1964

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 02:24:31 PM »

Received an email instantly.  They are basically saying they do not have a clue when it will be available and to discuss other options with your GP!! :(

Rosebush

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 04:28:10 PM »

Angel that's exactly what I was told.. :'(

Marsha11

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 09:41:11 PM »

Lloyd's Pharmacy rang them and they were just as vague. I find it absolutely unbelievable that they can pull a product like this. OK it's not a life dependant product, but it is a life changing one; at least it was for me.  I think I will email the manufacturers and yes I believe the more pressure we put them under, we might just get them to realise the significance of what they have done!

Karen max

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 11:37:20 PM »

Hi
I too emailed a few places about Femseven as doc had told me this was great patch with great results , I was being moved over from everol conti to Femseven ..
Going by what emails I've received they don't even know if the patch will ever be available again  ( I'm I not Ireland )
So I'm back onto my everol conti and isn't helping me much to be honest ..
email that a received few days ago from makers of Femseven kinda told me not to be holding my breath waiting for it to be available...

Kaz x

Conolly

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 03:21:38 PM »

Hello ladies,

Bloody shame. Actually, besides Teva, Netherlands, there is another manufacturer of the patches - LTS, Lohmann Therapie Systeme from Germany - so maybe another UK pharmaceutical company will be able to buy from them in the near future.

There has been a change in Drug Tariff of many estradiol products in June 2018, including FemSeven, so maybe this is the cause of discontinuation, published in May 2018. https://psnc.org.uk/our-news/drug-tariff-watch-june-2018-changes/ and a change of companies granted with the parallel import licence in August 2018.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/740592/Monthly_PLPI_listing_August_2018.pdf

Conolly X
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 03:32:03 PM by Conolly »

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 05:23:37 PM »

I thought someone reported on here a while back that the manufacturers said it was being reformulated specifically re the adhesive - (which would be a good thing judging by the many reports that they are difficult to remain stuck)
 rather than  anything to do with the supply chain?

Here is the thread https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,40881.msg648746.html#msg648746

and here is the post:

I am also px FemSeven Conti, and am told by Teva (manufacturer) that they are not supplying this item again until the 'last quarter' of 2019 (Oct-Dec) due to a change in its adhesive component 😔
As a result of this I have been scrabbling around trying to get a few boxes in hand, but I will not have enough to see me tho 12 months ..
This patch has suited me very well, and I am gutted at the prospect of having to (temporarily) switch px. I am worried about the progesterone in Evorel not suiting me (I have menopausal anxiety and depression). I am seeing my Meno Consultant again in Nov, and will seek her advise re the most suitable alternative.

Sounds like if there is to be a reformulation the new manufacturer is not providing info on the timescale or maybe they don't know?

Hurdity x

roseandthorn

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 10:04:13 AM »

Hi, I had just read a post on a Mumsnet thread...the poster says she has managed to get femseven conti again via a Morrison's pharmacy, so I am wondering (hoping desperately ) if it is back in supply. Has anyone heard anything else about it? I was really disappointed with Theramax who just sent me a generic email telling me to see my GP for alternatives. Not very impressive for a company that claims to lead the way in women's health. I managed to get a supply online late last year, but only have a months worth left and everywhere else is now out of stock. Everol conti doesn't suit me at all, I bleed and get awful stomach cramps.

sidse

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 12:07:00 PM »

I have a feeling that the Mumsnet poster's haul may have been a fluke as all my enquires have been that it is still not being manufactured. I have persisted with Evorel Conti and things have settled down but I would still go back to Femseven given half a chance.

Tc

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 12:24:13 PM »

Hiya ladies.
I telephoned 10 different pharmacies. The general concensus was it will be many months. A couple said December 19.
It's not even as if there Is another brand with the same ingredients.
I mentioned to GP  about the issue and she said "it's the same with all these products. I'm being changed to the gel (haven't got the scrip yet. And she said you might find the same issue with that,
WHAAAT????
It's just not good enough.
The thought of running out and having a crash or having to change from a drug you get on with is realy scary for us. It's stress we don't need.

roseandthorn

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 05:25:48 PM »

Indeed. The lady on Mumsnet is trying to find out more .... it seems they had a pack of 12 on the shelf of the pharmacy but couldn't get any more. I think it's important to keep the pressure up on Theramex who have taken over manufacturer from Teva. They continue to advertise the product on their website in the Estradiol form. Why is that available and not the combined conti form?

http://www.theramex.com/products/

Marsha11

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2019, 09:39:02 PM »

It's a small comfort to know some of you are feeling the exact same anxiety over the FemSeven Conti discontinuation as me. The person that mentioned in a thread that a German manufacturer supply transdermal patches so I need to find out from them if a pharmaceutical company are using them to feed the same proportions of estradiol and levonorgestrel.  If so and I dont know how it will work  :-\ (perhaps a private prescription) to fulfil the prescription. Will update you if I get any news.

Tc

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 10:17:29 PM »

Good luck Marsha x

roseandthorn

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2019, 11:47:14 PM »

Thanks Marsha. That helps. I don't use Twitter although I do have an account. Thinking I might break my Twitter cherry (vile analogy, sorry) on Theramex.....shame on them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10