Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Holiday anxiety -need help!  (Read 6530 times)

jaypo

Re: Holiday anxiety -need help!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2018, 06:22:41 PM »

Hi Kate,what I do is get my dr to write me a just in case prescription,they're usually quite good at doing that,then you have the antibiotics with you,it puts my mind at rest getting an infection

Katejo

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2018, 07:23:50 PM »

Hi Kate,what I do is get my dr to write me a just in case prescription,they're usually quite good at doing that,then you have the antibiotics with you,it puts my mind at rest getting an infection
I have done that before but the GP practice is  more reluctant now to do it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 04:01:36 PM by Katejo »

Kb21

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2018, 07:29:20 PM »

Hi ladies. Really interesting thread.

This started in the summer for me. I've always loved traveling and little adventures.got excited about them and saved hard to take myself and my children away from home as much as possible.

Since August I've been getting hugely anxious before going away. And when I'm away I just want to get home and feel up tight, rather than enjoy myself properly.

I'm glad to know I'm not alone, and what's causing this but sad to hear you have to experience this too.

I don't have any magic advice, since I've only just recognised a correlation. But I've done 5 little trips from August till now. And I've survived.

Maybe ask the GP for some diazepam in case of an anxiety emergency?

I force myself to carry on with activities and things we have planned but also make sure I have rest time to try and relax.

I hope this symptom is a passing one as I had so many plans and at the mo I doubt I'll plan any more get aways because of the anxiety it causes me, really weird.

jaypo

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2018, 08:10:02 PM »

Does diazepam make you sleepy? I was going to ask my dr for something just in case I have a wobble

Lady Daviot

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2018, 08:26:38 PM »

Hi Westie, this is so me most of the time, so I can fully understand how you feel. I almost feel under pressure to have a good time, which I want to. Like some of the ladies, I have some go to meds, just in case. I also have health anxiety so I check out where the nearest clinics etc are. A day at a time is best and try not to be too hard on yourself. Have a great time, sounds fun and will be! X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2018, 08:31:41 PM »

All benzos can cause drowsiness.  If I take one immediately it's more likely to help me cope.  If anxiety has floored me then I need to sleep anyway.

westie

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2018, 02:34:39 PM »

Gosh! I wasn't expecting such a reaction to my post. In a way it's is reassuring that I am not alone with this feeling but not nice that so many of us have the same problem. I do always travel with anti bio's for. UTI since I was caught out a few years ago and spent days in agony which rather spoilt the end of our holiday. Maybe that's where my anxiety started -who knows. I seem to stress about everything these days...... Don't even get me started on the health anxiety..... I have to give myself a good talking to and try not to overthink which is easier said than done.

Thanks again for your support ladies, I'll report back to let you know how I got on.

Xxx

Two hoots

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2018, 03:45:10 PM »

This is my holiday experience for the last few years -

A.  Book holiday and can't wait to go.
B.  Count down the months/weeks.
C.  Two weeks before we go, start to worry about trivial "what if"
D.  Hope that holiday is cancelled by ferry company/cruise line/hotel.
E.  Start packing and worry what I've forgotten.
F.  Load car and leave.
G. Enjoy holiday.

Get home and decide that in future I'm not going to do C - E but I always do.  ::)

jaypo

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2018, 04:00:15 PM »

Haha so funny two hoots,why are we all so alike? I would never have believed there were so many women just like me.today I'm looking forward to my fab Xmas & new year cruise but come the 20th December?🤪😱😩😢🤯 every emotion under the sun & all in one day 😂

Katejo

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2018, 04:07:35 PM »

This is my holiday experience for the last few years -

A.  Book holiday and can't wait to go.
B.  Count down the months/weeks.
C.  Two weeks before we go, start to worry about trivial "what if"
D.  Hope that holiday is cancelled by ferry company/cruise line/hotel.
E.  Start packing and worry what I've forgotten.
F.  Load car and leave.
G. Enjoy holiday.

Get home and decide that in future I'm not going to do C - E but I always do.  ::)
I do most of these except D (and F due to not having a car). I have occasionally cancelled a whole trip (not an expensive package where I would lose more than just the flight) and then regretted it. I have also gone on a trip and had it spoilt by genuine illness. After an unnecessary cancellation, I do tell myself "Next time you don't cancel" but, on the next occasion, I still think "Every situation is different....!"

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2018, 04:15:19 PM »

Whenever I go away, I tend to worry about my OH.
Like, what if HE gets ill, or something really bad happens like he has a heart attack
or something really bad like that while we're away.
It's crazy really. I worry about how I'd cope if something happens to him, NOT myself.
I don't tend to worry about myself, if I get ill, I can handle that, but worry myself sick
over him, especially if we're in another country and it's just us two....

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2018, 04:17:58 PM »

I'm so sorry ladies if I've just started another worry for you.
Maybe you've not thought of that one, and now it's another thing you've got
to worry about.......apologies.......x

Two hoots

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2018, 04:37:11 PM »

Illness is covered by point C  ;D. I take the equivalent of a medium sized pharmacy in my luggage  ::)

jaypo

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2018, 04:49:37 PM »

It's ok jillydoll by all accounts you're taking my husband 😂🤣

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2018, 06:36:21 PM »

As long as he's fit and well, he can come...lol. 🏝
Or else I'll be fretting about him.....🤦‍♀️  😂 lmao
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4