Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Changing HRT - Femseven Conti patches discontinued  (Read 4030 times)

Jules53

Changing HRT - Femseven Conti patches discontinued
« on: November 11, 2018, 05:18:06 PM »

Hi ladies

I have been on Femseven Conti patches for almost a year and was getting on great with them. However, they have been discontinued for the moment and there will be no new stocks until at least January 2019😢.

My doctor has put me on Femoston Conti 1mg/5mg tablets which I'm really not getting on with. I've been on them 10 days and they are giving me major stomach issues and this morning I felt really odd and hot and thought I was going to pass out. There is only one other patch, Everol Conti, and I've tried them and they didn't agree with me either.

Has anyone else been in this position and, if so, what do you take now? I'm going to see my doctor this week so am just looking for options.

Thanks in advance

Jules x

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Changing HRT - Femseven Conti patches discontinued
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 05:32:02 PM »

Hi Jules53
I was on Femseven patches ages ago, but they really didn't suite me, constant migraines, and feeling of pressure all the time on the left side of my head, I just couldn't carry on with them.
So, I went onto Femoston Conti, which still caused me migraines at first, but settled down quite quickly,
although I do know what you mean about the stomach issues, thankfully, they've settled down too, only occasionally do I get that.
I also went onto Sandrena gel, and Utrogestan, but the Utrogestan made me feel like I going to pass out, just like you experienced, only I was at the supermarket, and felt like a right Burke. Lol

Maybe you can try separate oestrogen/progesterone. That might be better for you.
I know lots of ladies do that and the beauty in the separate prog is that you can either take it orally, or vaginally.
Good luck, keep us posted...
Jd xx

Jules53

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 06:45:04 PM »

Hi Rockhopper and Jillydoll

Thanks so much for your replies. I think they have discontinued them for a while as the patches weren't sticking properly so they are changing the glue on them. You would think they would have manufactured enough to keep people going whilst they changed them. I'm gutted!😢

Thanks for the suggestions. The doctor did mention Sandrena Gel and a separate progesterone and said the other option is what you're suggesting, a separate oestrogen patch and a progesterone tablet. There are so many options it's confusing.

Will keep you posted. Thanks again.

Jules xx

Georgeaj2000

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 11:36:24 AM »

Hi Jules53

I have been on the Fem Conti 7 for over a year and was getting on great with it, I felt like a new woman, then like you find they have been discontinued.  I have spoken to the manufacturer though and they have told me that they are likely to only be available in December 2019!  So far I have tried Evoril Conti and now I'm on Fem Conti Sequi but neither of them are a patch (excuse the pun) of the Conti 7.  I have mood swings, bloating, zero libido, no motivation and now I'm just waiting for the breakthrough bleeding that can happen with the Sequi as it deliver the two hormones over different times of the month.  I'm seriously not a happy bunny :( and I'm hoping that it is January and not December 2019 when they will be available again. 

Angel1964

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 11:44:08 AM »

I have another post on Femseven Conti regarding change of manufacturer. I put their email address on it and advised everyone to pester them.  Mad thing is the last lot I managed to get I gave no sticking issues!! 

Rosebush

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 12:39:40 PM »

Angel I have sent 3 emails to Teva over last 3 months asking when will they be back in stock, never got one reply! My pharmacist rang them this morning and was told they have been discontinued and to speak to my GP for a replacement!! I have never had any sticking problems with them infact I have to  'peel'  them the off!!

Just don't know what to do now I have been on them for over 9years, I know Evorel do not suit me due to Norethisterone. :'(

I have to sort out something in next 3days as my GP does not have a clue on HRT..

Jules what have you decided to use, I don't want to take pills..xx

Karen max

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 07:44:31 PM »

Hi
Anyone know how the names of the hrt patches for post menopause?
I've been given 4 different hrt pills which none suited me as side effects were awful , new doc changed me to everol conti which did ease the the hot flushes but done nothing else , doc told me to stop it and give me yet another hrt pill which was horrible side effects so doc said to stop them wait 7days and restart everol conti again and from I've done this my anxiety is sky high
Anyone know the name of any patches I could ask doc to try me on ?
My doc is clueless regarding hrt and I myself am so bloody confused as what to do as this has been going on well over 4 yrs

Thanks folks x

Rosie63

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 08:52:38 PM »

Hi Karen Max. I'm 64 so well post meno.  I have tried several different regimes over the last year and have finally found that Estradot patches suit me quite well.  These are estrogen only so you would need to take progesterone separately. I'm using Utrogestan and I choose to take on a sequi basis so still have a withdrawal bleed.  However, if you don't want a bleed you can take continuously alongside the patches.  The other progesterone is Provera.  The other thing you might like to consider is Estrogel and a separate progesterone.

I hope this helps.

Rosie63 x

Karen max

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2018, 02:11:30 PM »

Hi Rosie
My doc was changing me to estrogel patchs took my prescription to a lot if different chemists only to be told theyr no longer available so went back to doc she then give me Femoston pill which didn't suit me at all , seems I can't take hrt pills at all.. so I'm back onto everol conti but I'm 99% sure it's causing high anxiety
I'm post menopause 4 yrs and feel like I'm getting no where with the hrt my doc is giving me , I asked about an hrt which would give me a bleed but doc just refused so I think next move has to be trying a different patch
I'm in Ireland and menopause clinics are few unless I pay to go private but really can't afford that as it costs huge amounts of money

Kaz

Jules53

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 07:35:36 PM »

Hi ladies

So sorry to hear some of you are still suffering😢

Rosebush - I tried Femoston Conti tablets but they didn't suit me. I managed to get another pack of 12 Femseven Conti patches but only have 5 left so on the advice if my doctor I have started to reduce them to come off - cutting 1/3rd off the patch for the last few weeks. However, the anxiety has been unbearable and I went back to a full patch today. Having said that, I also had a partial thyroidectomy a month ago so I'm not sure whether my symptoms are from that. I'm so confused!

I'm going to go back to the doc after Christmas and take some of the other ladies' advice and ask for the oestrogen patch and progesterone tablet. How are you doing now?

Jules xx