Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Vagifem to Vagirux  (Read 3196 times)

daska86

Vagifem to Vagirux
« on: August 28, 2022, 08:27:39 PM »

Anyone else been changed to Vagirux ? I'm not liking only having one syringe for inserting the tablets.

Dierdre

Re: Vagifem to Vagirux
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 09:31:36 PM »

No but I was given Estradiol tablets a few months a go and they had just the one applicator. I just used a clean finger to insert the tablet. The ingredients were identical to vagifem and I didn't feel any different using them. Been given Vagifem again since but wouldnt worry if i got the alternative again .
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 09:33:58 PM by Dierdre »

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 08:03:37 AM »

Yes daska, I was changed to it too,apparently it's a lot cheaper than vagifem but exactly the same.......or so I'm told and the one applicator is to cut down on plastic but like you,I'm not keen,you can only wash it best you can after using it

Ayesha

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 08:59:12 AM »

Vagifem and Vagirux are exactly the same and there will soon be Gina, all the same product but with less plastic.
I am still being prescribed Vagifem but not sure for how much longer as it's no longer acceptable to use such a large amount of plastic when using it every day!
Think I will be using my finger to insert, can't be bothered to mess about with washing the applicator but will wait and see, practice makes perfect!

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 12:42:39 PM »

You'd think they could come up with card applicators,you know? Like the paper straws you get now

C.C.

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2022, 12:14:40 PM »

The Premarin I'm taking comes with 2 applicators, I only ever use the one as I clean it throughly.

I like the idea of paper applicators, that would cut down on plastic. The Tampax here are all cardboard applicators.

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2022, 07:44:12 PM »

I’ve had my Vagifem changed to Vagirux too. Just as affective, but a nuisance having to wash the applicator, but less plastic rubbish? Paper/cardboard applicators would be the way to go.

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2022, 08:32:11 AM »

Hey maybe we could all go on dragons den  ;D

daska86

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2022, 10:20:41 PM »

Great idea , who's up for designing it ? 😁

Minusminnie

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2022, 07:06:24 AM »

I'll help with production  ;D  i  worked in a cardboard box factory one summer (over 50 years ago !).  I was on hand gas, what they called, 'beading' machine that turned edges on tubes eg smartie boxes.  You won't want rough edges !!

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2022, 08:28:15 AM »

Maybe you could redesign a smartie tube Minusminnie  ;D

Minusminnie

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2022, 09:40:46 AM »

Now there's a thought.  ;)  they've redesigned smartie tubes recently (no round edges no plastic top) so must have the old tube beading machines somewhere ?  ;D