Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: My sleeplessness is impacting on my life.  (Read 4717 times)

Milamam

Re: My sleeplessness is impacting on my life.
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2018, 05:20:41 PM »

No heroics, on your question - ADs are not addictive. They require tapering off (some of them). But once you get to the right dose that alleviates symptoms  for you, you don't need to increase in order to obtain the same effect ( which is what is not true for benzo's and other addictive drugs like opioids).

I agree with CKLD - needs first!
Milamam

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2018, 05:22:20 PM »

:thankyou:

I had to taper off one type of ADs, it took 9 weeks.  Still here and I have never got addicted to anti-anxiety meds. because I know it works for me.

kinola67

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2018, 12:14:52 PM »

I only use 10mg when I need to so days when I don't have a really early start for example, the feeling of having a full nights sleep and rested in the morning is amazing and I think it gives me confidence for the day ahead and generally improves my mood and resilience for coping. the nights where I lie awake all night worrying about everything including all my symptoms are just not worth the worry and stress, I am still trying to track when these nights happen, sometimes it's when I think I've done everything right! such as exercise, vitamins, eating etc. So I've decided I can't fight these hormone highs and lows, I am trying to work with them and if it means a sleeping aid from time to time then I think that's fine. Good luck everyone x
Pages: 1 2 [3]