Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Second attempt at vagifem -help  (Read 15172 times)

Katejo

Re: Second attempt at vagifem -help
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 08:08:06 AM »

Blot - as others have said, I think you are getting the constant need to pee because you are so anxious - I really don't think it's the Vagifem causing this.
When we are anxious we tend to clench - this is probably contracting everything in your lower abdominal area.
You also probably need to train your bladder to hold more now, because it has probably contracted. Try drinking just water for a few days, making sure you drink the 6-8 glasses through the day. Even if you do feel as if you need to pee, try to hold on so you only pee every 2-3 hours. I often find I feel I need to pee but if I get on with a job around the house I can forget I need to go.
Try lying on the floor and totally relaxing the whole abdominal area.
You have got to try to get your brain to accept that the Vagifem is doing good and will help in the long term.
DG x
Some of this may be true for me too. I am not anxious all the time but I am badly affected just when I am supposed to be going away!

daska86

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 12:10:12 PM »

Blot, I am on day 7 of Vagifem taking it at night and using ovestin for sore bits. It was uncomfortable to start with and I had some burning, but it seems to be improving. I also followed advice from Dancing girl and cut out caffeine, alcohol, acidic fruits, sugar and am drinking lots of water. It's very hard but I am hoping to try reintroducing some things one at a time to see if anything makes it worse. Drinking lots of water during the day does make me Pee more, but at night I'm  only up once or maybe twice. Still experiencing other random symptoms making the anxiety bad. Not much appetite and crying in secret, but hoping that once one symptom gets better, the others will follow.

Blot

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 12:40:57 PM »

Thanks DG and everyone. Its not the urge to wee all the time, its the soreness and feeling so uncomfortable in the vag. But of course when I do need to wee i feel worse. So its both I guess. It doesn't really sting to wee though. I am drinking plenty of water.

I do appreciate all of you giving me advice and trying to help. I'm on my lunch break and just about filling up you are so lovely. And Daska crying in secret, that's so sad and like me.

Day 2 now. I don't seem so bad at work but when I get home I seem to get worse. I'll carry on and see what GP number 2 says tomorrow x
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 04:11:26 PM by Blot »

daska86

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2018, 03:55:42 PM »

Oh Sparkle how did you stop googling. It's the devil's work if you have health anxiety.

Blot

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2018, 04:10:21 PM »

Trouble is I can't concentrate or think about anything else at the moment so can't distract myself. Sometimes wish the internet had never been invented. Ignorance is bliss.
It's the constant quest for reassurance that keeps you googling.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2018, 05:02:58 PM »

Blot - do you have a burning sensation that is very sore? Do try some frozen peas in a plastic bag then wrapped in a tea towel and hold this next to your ‘lady bits'.  Also try putting some cold water on some toilet paper and hold this over your vagina after you pee. 
Put your feet up so it relieves the pressure on the urethra - don't sit for too long.

It's still better to use the Vagifem at night I think and perhaps take a Nytol (the antihistamine one) as this will help you sleep and is known to reduce the need to pee. Have you tried half a teaspoon of bicarb of soda in a glass of water 3 times a day?  You can add a little cordial to this to make it palatable.
You just need to calm everything by removing all irritants, do relaxation lying down and keep active if possible( so get out fro walks). DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2018, 08:34:09 PM »

Or an over-the-counter pain relief and maybe a double dose of vagifem occasionally as it's 10 rather than a 25 delivered dose.

Katejo

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2018, 08:44:36 PM »

Or an over-the-counter pain relief and maybe a double dose of vagifem occasionally as it's 10 rather than a 25 delivered dose.
But surely not if the irritation/burning  is a side effect of the Vagifem. I  am really confused at the moment. I have taken a dose today and yesterday but will give it a break tomorrow to see if it helps. I am feeling lousy today. i had slight nausea this morning and I now see that that is another listed side effect. Slept badly last night and am aching all over at the moment.
Blot and I seem to be having a similar problem with Vagifem.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2018, 08:46:07 PM »

Regardless - a pain relief medication should help.  Let us know how you get on.

Katejo

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2018, 08:56:03 PM »

Regardless - a pain relief medication should help.  Let us know how you get on.
Why do you say 'regardless' here if the burning is a side effect of the Vagifem?  I am about to eat something small so I can take Nurofen. I tried bicarb of soda in water earlier but it hasn't helped.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2018, 09:02:46 PM »

Actually CKLD I was told to avoid aspirin or Ibuprofen with this kind of pain as they can aggregate the bladder and Paracetamol doesn't do anything anyway. A cold compress between the legs can ease the pain.  Please ignore the leaflet that comes with the Vagifem as it is the same information thatvcomes with full systemic HRT so isn't really relevant.
Please remember that Vagifem isnt absorbed systemically so couldn't have any effect on the digestive system but high anxiety will make you feel nauseous. It is such a low dose it really can't have that much effect on the body systemically. What can cause some irritation locally are the fillers in the pessaries but if vaginal moisturiser is used a few hours after inserting the Vagifem this can reduce any irritation.

These bladder problems are very distressing and I've suffered awful pain and burning at times but it can and does get better in time.
Do try using Nytol or Sleepeze to help you get some sleep and calm things down generally.
The bicarbonate in water takes around 24-48 hours to help and you need to drink this at least 3 times a day for 2-3 days for it to calm things.  - there is no quick fix.  DG x

Katejo

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 09:14:06 PM »

Actually CKLD I was told to avoid aspirin or Ibuprofen with this kind of pain as they can aggregate the bladder and Paracetamol doesn't do anything anyway. A cold compress between the legs can ease the pain.  Please ignore the leaflet that comes with the Vagifem as it is the same information thatvcomes with full systemic HRT so isn't really relevant.
Please remember that Vagifem isnt absorbed systemically so couldn't have any effect on the digestive system but high anxiety will make you feel nauseous. It is such a low dose it really can't have that much effect on the body systemically. What can cause some irritation locally are the fillers in the pessaries but if vaginal moisturiser is used a few hours after inserting the Vagifem this can reduce any irritation.

These bladder problems are very distressing and I've suffered awful pain and burning at times but it can and does get better in time.
Do try using Nytol or Sleepeze to help you get some sleep and calm things down generally.
The bicarbonate in water takes around 24-48 hours to help and you need to drink this at least 3 times a day for 2-3 days for it to calm things.  - there is no quick fix.  DG x
Thanks. The person who recommended the sodium bicarb said that it had helped her within an hour or so. i will get myself some Nytol which i have never tried before. Tonight i will take an anti histamine and Nurofen too because it has reduced the symptoms before now. I can't decide whether it is worth trying to see a GP tomorrow. They probably won't have got my urine test result back.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2018, 08:08:37 PM »

Nytol  :sick02:

Don't take an anti-histamine and pain relief together ;-)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2018, 08:32:19 PM »

Cold and cough medicines often  have both an antihistamine and painkiller together. 

Katejo

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2018, 04:10:50 PM »

Trouble is I can't concentrate or think about anything else at the moment so can't distract myself. Sometimes wish the internet had never been invented. Ignorance is bliss.
It's the constant quest for reassurance that keeps you googling.
  Hi Blot  I had a very useful chat to a senior pharmacist at Boots today. i had gone to collect an unrelated  repeat prescription but she wanted to have a chat with me so I took the opportunity to ask a few questions. The following might help you:
1. If you get cystitis like symptoms while using the Vagifem, try taking one of the cystitis treatments which you can buy in Boots. She said that this would help to check whether the problem was being caused by the Vagifem or not. The treatment would clear it if it is cystitis but not if it is a side effect of Vagifem. She doesn't recommend using bicarb of soda as I did this week. Too strong.
2. I did try bicarb earlier this week and it has cleared the symptoms almost completely. I used another Vagifem this morning after leaving it for a couple of days and the irritation hasn't returned. If it does, I will try the sachet.

I also told her about the surgery's reluctance to prescribe Vagifem and other HRT related products on a  repeat/continuous basis. She agreed that only taking them for a short period was insufficient. If I have difficulty in getting further prescriptions, I might ask her to contact the surgery on my behalf. She seemed willing to do this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7