Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Second attempt at vagifem -help  (Read 15261 times)

Katejo

Re: Second attempt at vagifem -help
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2018, 10:29:20 PM »

I'm not sure Katejo. Just inside low down, it's a bit achey and so is my bladder. I'm a bit tender all over. It's all so random and changeable and I'm hoping it's normal and just the oestrogen waking things up after all this time.
  Hi Blot  I have something similar but mostly on the left side of the bladder/hip. At moment I am only using  my vagifem every 2nd day because I will run out. The GP appeared to agree on the phone that I can use it daily but i don't have enough. I went to request another prescription yesterday. My record on MyGP said I had been given a 1 month supply in early October and was due another now. The health centre records said it was supposed to last me until early December!  I have put in a request for another prescription at Boots but it may be refused.
I might have to order some online to cover myself.

Costs £40
My doctor was on holiday when I requested it via email and the stand in doctor refused it bc I'd been prescribed a low dose HRT patch whivh I never ended up using
The receptionist rang me to say the doctor wouldn't prescribe it as I would be doubling up on HRT which is total nonexense as it's a local Oestrogen with little to no being absorbed systemically.
They're so afraid to prescribe oestrogen due to false studies about cancer but happy to dish out antidepressants like candy
The doctors do come up with some rubbish. When I first tried Estriol,  a different GP insisted that it was only safe to take it for 3 months. I challenged her and she stood up and shouted at me that she had just done a menopause course and knew what she was talking about. I have avoided her ever since then.

Blot

« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2018, 12:19:45 PM »

I'm so sore today. 3 weeks in and no improvement. I just can't figure it out. No two days are the same  :(. Used vagifem last night but going to leave it for two nights to see if that makes any difference.I feel like giving up.

Katejo

« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2018, 01:41:50 PM »

Wow! She shouted at you? How dare she! My GP spent two months writing to and waiting for a response from a gynaecologist to see if giving me vagifem would risk my health. Like he couldn't research for himself or make a decision. Pisses me off. I'm the meantime I couldn't sit for more than an hour
Wow as well! Your GP should be able to look Vagifem up and see that it is a fraction of the strength of systemic HRT. I am so tempted to bypass the GP and pay for a private gyno. I will wait until my NHS gyno appt. later this month to see if that makes any difference.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2018, 04:15:48 PM »

Blot.  You may be sensitive to the fillers or outer coating.  Maybe use moistorisers i.e. Sylc instead on the outer labia.  Then ask for Ovestin as an alternative?

As for the GP shouting, I would have spoken to the Practice Manager. 

Katejo

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2018, 04:49:01 PM »

Blot.  You may be sensitive to the fillers or outer coating.  Maybe use moistorisers i.e. Sylc instead on the outer labia.  Then ask for Ovestin as an alternative?

As for the GP shouting, I would have spoken to the Practice Manager.
I didn't think of that at the time and I think that GP has since left the practice. I did later mention it to another GP (without naming the GP concerned) and she seemed quite shocked but didn't say anything.

CLKD

« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2018, 05:26:46 PM »

Word spreads though  ;) and no-where faster than the Health Service.

Blot

« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2018, 06:02:32 PM »

I'm back at the gum clinic next week so will see what the doctor there thinks. I feel like I have to give the vagifem a proper go though then I can ask to try something to else if there is no improvement.

CLKD

« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2018, 07:02:55 PM »

How much improvement have you had though, if there is sensitivity then why wait?

Katejo

« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2018, 11:32:46 PM »

Try ovestin or estriol cream. Vagifem really really irritates me.
estriol irritated me badly.

Blot

« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2018, 10:12:08 AM »

Thanks Birdy. I don't know what to do. I used a vagifem yesterday morning and had a good day overall but didn't have a good night. I'm only on week 4 so I will carry on until I go to the gum clinic next week and see what they think. I will go back to gp though if I don't see some improvement soon.
I'm on the 2/3 times a week now but don't seem any better on the days I don't use.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 06:37:22 PM by Blot »

Blot

« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2018, 01:28:44 PM »

I just don't know Birdy. I suppose the way to find out would be to stop it and see how I am. I did stop it after using it for a week - I was off it for 5 days - and didn't feel much different. Then I decided to give it a proper go. The only new symptom on restarting was now I get aching as well which some people have reported.

I'm getting conflicting advice which is understandable as every woman is different and will have different experiences.  Im told to stop it, try ovestin, try estriol and also keep going with it. I'll give it another week and see what the gum clinic say.
Its all trial and error apparently.

Any idea how long after you stop using vagifem that it gets out of your system and stops irritating?

Blot

« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2018, 10:13:53 PM »

Thanks Birdy. I feel better informed for when I go back to gp. Gonna go to gum clinic for them to have a look then back to gp for a proper discussion. I won't cry this time though.

I'm glad things have improved for you.

Dierdre

« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2018, 07:10:16 AM »

It comes to a point where you decide two things. Is this medication improving my symptoms? Yes or No.  Are the benefits out weighing the side effects? Yes or No. If both answers are No ask what your other options are at the gum clinic. I stopped full HRT because both my answers were No after given it a go. I know we all get side effects to start but how long you suffer with them is your choice. There are other options.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 07:17:12 AM by Dierdre »

EnglishRose

« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2018, 11:26:05 AM »

It comes to a point where you decide two things. Is this medication improving my symptoms? Yes or No.  Are the benefits out weighing the side effects? Yes or No. If both answers are No ask what your other options are at the gum clinic. I stopped full HRT because both my answers were No after given it a go. I know we all get side effects to start but how long you suffer with them is your choice. There are other options.

It's tricky bc we forget how we felt a week ago even if we leave a diary input. Pain is subjective even to ourselves, over time...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]