Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Second attempt at vagifem -help  (Read 15403 times)

Blot

Re: Second attempt at vagifem -help
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2018, 01:04:31 PM »

Yes I'm trying every other night and will see how things go. I might have to do every night if there is no improvement x

Zara69

« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2018, 01:12:18 PM »

Hello I use systemic HRT and since August 2017, vagifem (3 a week) multi-gyn actigel and Yes moisturiser.  It really took a year before I can say I'm 95% better...at points I was in despair and felt like giving up but just carried on as what else can you do?  Nothing else is really available... keep going it does improve but maybe as I have found out it can take a long time.  I also got a lot worse after antibiotics- it makes me wonder the negative effects they have on that area....multi-gyn was a godsend. X

Blot

« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2018, 03:03:33 PM »

Thanks Zara69. I will keep going and hope for the best. I was really hoping for some improvement after the initial 2 weeks so a bit disappointed. My gp mentioned hrt but I have no other symptoms so not sure if that would be for the best.

I've been out and about this morning and not too bad but feeling sore now and s bit itchy on the outside which is new.

What does or did it feel like for everyone? I find it so hard to describe. I feel a bit squeezy/stinging/full inside today and my bladder is a bit achey. That sounds a bit silly but I can't explain it properly. At other times my urethra is sore but I don't get burning or stinging when I wee. Then I can get pain in the urethra and I feel like I need to wee.  It's been so long since I had periods, and I didn't suffer with them much, so I can't remember what cramping feels like so I don't know if it's this I am feeling.

Is this really VA? It annoys me a little bit when I read about VA and the main “complaint” or issue is pain during sex. It's so much more than that don't you think?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 05:06:13 PM by Blot »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2018, 03:50:04 PM »

If you re-read the threads on vaginal atrophy and other threads relating to the bladder it might give you more idea of the variation of symtpoms and sensations.  4 me it was like razor blades up there  :o plus the need to pee a lot due to drying and aggravation around the neck of the bladder.  Of course, each lady is different and not each will get all of those symptoms.

If the medication is working, albeit slowly, then give it at least 3 months as well as thinking about full HRT as some ladies require both. 

Blot

« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2018, 04:22:38 PM »

I've read so much on here I'm going boggle eyed  :o. Just trying to get it into perspective and get some current opinions and a bit of reassurance.

I'm not sure if the vagifem is causing some of my symptoms. I don't think I was like this before I originally started, I had some of the symptoms but seem to have more now but it could just be a natural progression of the atrophy and perhaps some start up side effects. I will continue though and not give up just yet. I'm seeing the doc at the gum clinic the week after next so will see what she says.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 05:05:20 PM by Blot »

Zara69

« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2018, 07:17:49 PM »

I never had much pain during sex, would bleed and have little tears afterwards.  Everything felt open and gaping...maybe where tissues are thinned out, I felt the urge to wee all the time and felt like everything was prolapsed- again due to thinning? To me it felt like being jabbed inside with a hot burning poker and the outside felt like a bee sting. Felt burning and stinging after a wee. Mine almost felt more bladder related than vaginal...felt really like A bladder infection all the time. Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2018, 10:41:57 PM »

Zara - that's atrophy to a T! 

Some find that the capsule or fillings aggravate an already sensitive region so maybe try Ovestin ?

Blot

« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2018, 04:54:09 PM »

Thanks CLKD. When I try putting stuff in the search box it keeps bringing my own posts up, which isn't much help to me.

Does anyone know if the so called “cramping” and aching can come on after 3 weeks use of the vagifem? I thought it would have started straight away. Soz I'm getting a bit impatient again.

Katejo

« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2018, 05:32:11 PM »

Thanks CLKD. When I try putting stuff in the search box it keeps bringing my own posts up, which isn't much help to me.

Does anyone know if the so called “cramping” and aching can come on after 3 weeks use of the vagifem? I thought it would have started straight away. Soz I'm getting a bit impatient again.
  I have also found that my own posts come up when I search Blot. Where are you getting cramping/aching?

Blot

« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2018, 05:38:38 PM »

I'm not sure Katejo. Just inside low down, it's a bit achey and so is my bladder. I'm a bit tender all over. It's all so random and changeable and I'm hoping it's normal and just the oestrogen waking things up after all this time.

Dierdre

« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2018, 07:21:07 PM »

I had period type cramps in the first few months on vagifem, don't worry it will settle, its a sign things are coming back to life. I also had sore breasts, leg cramps and anxiety about everything.  Couldn't believe I had atrophy (never heard of it) and took a while to come to terms with the fact it was for life. My atrophy came on very suddenly and became severe very quickly also causing a prolapse,  so it took a while to reverse the damage.  I was also on steroid creams to help heal the raw skin.  That was 4 years ago, I'm 62 now and still working fulltime and leading a normal life and managing my atrophy.  I also recommend you ask your doctor for Ovestin to use on the outside, i started using this a year ago as well as vagifem and it has made a vast improvement for me.

Blot

« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2018, 08:04:23 PM »

Thank you so much Dierdre. That is reassuring. I certainly have anxiety about everything but then I always did. I will plod on and look forward to the sore breasts as well lol. I will ask about the cream for the outside as well.
Have a good evening xx

Katejo

« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2018, 09:35:49 PM »

I'm not sure Katejo. Just inside low down, it's a bit achey and so is my bladder. I'm a bit tender all over. It's all so random and changeable and I'm hoping it's normal and just the oestrogen waking things up after all this time.
  Hi Blot  I have something similar but mostly on the left side of the bladder/hip. At moment I am only using  my vagifem every 2nd day because I will run out. The GP appeared to agree on the phone that I can use it daily but i don't have enough. I went to request another prescription yesterday. My record on MyGP said I had been given a 1 month supply in early October and was due another now. The health centre records said it was supposed to last me until early December!  I have put in a request for another prescription at Boots but it may be refused.
I might have to order some online to cover myself.

Blot

« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2018, 10:04:09 PM »

I am using it every other day at the moment. Yes you can order online from Superdrug but at least you know you can get them if needed. It's a shame you are having this struggle with your gp.

EnglishRose

« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2018, 10:17:47 PM »

Hi Blot  I have something similar but mostly on the left side of the bladder/hip. At moment I am only using  my vagifem every 2nd day because I will run out. The GP appeared to agree on the phone that I can use it daily but i don't have enough. I went to request another prescription yesterday. My record on MyGP said I had been given a 1 month supply in early October and was due another now. The health centre records said it was supposed to last me until early December!  I have put in a request for another prescription at Boots but it may be refused.
I might have to order some online to cover myself.

Costs £40
My doctor was on holiday when I requested it via email and the stand in doctor refused it bc I'd been prescribed a low dose HRT patch whivh I never ended up using
The receptionist rang me to say the doctor wouldn't prescribe it as I would be doubling up on HRT which is total nonexense as it's a local Oestrogen with little to no being absorbed systemically.
They're so afraid to prescribe oestrogen due to false studies about cancer but happy to dish out antidepressants like candy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7