Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Changing from Femoston 1/10 to Evorel Sequi  (Read 2424 times)

Sammas

Changing from Femoston 1/10 to Evorel Sequi
« on: October 19, 2018, 05:29:47 PM »

Bit the bullet and went back to the docs Having listened to my symptoms and an examination she decided to transfer me to patches She thinks the progesterone was the problem Anyone else changed meds in this way? Sx

Charlie62

Re: Changing from Femoston 1/10 to Evorel Sequi
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 10:09:42 AM »

Hi sammas
I am changing meds too. I was on femoston conti 1/5 now changing to evorel conti patches. I have had them for over a week but haven't plucked up the courage to use them yet.
I would be interested to find out how others have got on.
I suppose I should bite the bullet & try but I'm also thinking of ditching the hrt all together to see what my body does. I don't suffer much with the physical symptoms but anxiety etc is hard to deal with.
Hope you get some answers

Sammas

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 10:24:35 AM »

Thanks Charlie 62 Put a patch on last night Feel hot, anxious, tearful amongst other things I'm doing my own head in! Don't know if this is the right path The alternatives were to go on Femoston 2.10, up my AD which I've been on for years or change ADs I would really appreciate anyone else's view on this I was fine for the first 5 weeks, but things have got worse weeks 6 to 11 The doc says that is when the side effects show I just don't want to have any more time off work and like others, want to feel normal Thanks for reading. S x

Charlie62

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 12:02:43 PM »

Sammmas, it is such a rollercoaster. I have been on femoson conti for a year or so and up until a couple of months ago my symptoms were under control. its only been the last couple of months that i have felt so anxious. My doctor prescribed AD but they made me worse, couldnt face going out and when i did i would be pacing the floor plucking up the courage. I was also offered femoston 2/10 but after years of no periods (i was on the contraceptive pill until i was 55) i didnt think it was right for me.

I decided to try the patch, i put it on this morning so time will tell. I'm trying not to think what the side effects will be otherwise i will send myself crazy. I am also trying some multi vitamins & Vit D supplements, I go for a walk most days as fresh air & some me time relaxes me.
I have had a bad year with bereavement and redundancy so this has probably had an impact on my mental health.
Good luck  :) and please update. I would like to know how you get on.

Sammas

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 06:29:27 AM »

Sorry to hear about your redundancy and bereavement.  I love my job but am so worried the effect of this peri menopause can have.  Yesterday was awful but made myself go out Had major panic attacks, chest pains and feeling hot Today woke up feeling sick, like I did 2 weeks ago when I had 2 days off work I was on month 3 estrogen of Femoston 1/10 then Should I stick to that rather than going on evorel sequi and increase the ADs I've been on for years? Am so confused S x

Charlie62

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 08:54:48 PM »

Hi sammas.
Sorry to hear how you were feeling yesterday. Unfortunately I can't give you advice on what is best for you as I'm quite new to hrt myself. I'm very much like you in that its all so confusing. I am only day 2 of trying the conti patch. I had a dizzy spell this evening which could have been the hrt or it could have been that I had been out for a walk & had only eaten a protein bar all day. I am trying a different approach as I suffer quite bad from health anxiety so I try to take a deep breathe, rationalize my thinking &  tell myself I AM OK. It's not always easy but we have to find a way through this.
How have you been today?

Sammas

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 04:46:06 AM »

Hope you are ok this morning Charlie62 I wasn't too bad yesterday, felt a bit sick and lightheaded Like you I generally try and stay positive, just some days it is difficult Have a happy day! Sx