Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HRT & FACIAL HAIR  (Read 2514 times)

Jaceyc

• First Flush
HRT & FACIAL HAIR
« on: October 15, 2018, 05:57:00 PM »

Hi
Does anyone have any experience of hrt either causing or improving facial hair please?  I have been prescribed Femoston conti but after a bad experience with an hrt a few years ago, I am scared to start them.  Any feedback would be really appreciated please
Thank you :'( :'(

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: HRT & FACIAL HAIR
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 10:14:55 PM »

Hi Jaceyc.
I'm on femoston conti, and after being on patches, and separates, I've found femoston the better one for me. It's got one of the kinder progesterones in it. Which some of us can tolerate better than the others.
As for facial hair, I haven't noticed any difference, I'm fair, and have very fair facial hair, but to be honest, I get rid of it with hair removal cream, maybe once or twice a week. I've always had a problem with it, hate it, so I get rid of it.....lol . I put the cream on, leave it for about 1/2 minuets, then wipe off,
it's all gone.....simple.....lol.

You can only try the femoston, you don't know until you try it, it might be ok for you, if not, stop it.

I tried Sandrena, and Utrogestan the other week, but made me feel ‘not right', so stopped it and went back onto femoston conti....now I'm fine again.....

Hope this helps,
Jd xx

Jaceyc

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 03:41:38 PM »

Thank you for your reply JD
Yes, I have very fine fair hair too.  I tried an hrt (cant remember the name  of it) a few years ago and convinced myself it was making the problem worse so haven't taken anything since.
I understand that the femoston uses the least androgenic progesterone but am still worried about its side effects.
I have always been scared to use a hair remover cream in case it grew back thicker. 
Like you say, I should maybe give it a try.
Thank you

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 08:30:32 PM »

Hi Jaceyc
I also use it for all those horrible fine blonde eyebrow hairs, which would take me a whole day to pluck out with the tweezers too. :(
I have had them waxed in the past, but to be honest, the hair remover cream does a much better job. And saves me a bit money too, and the hassle of going to a beauty salon. ;)
I just apply it with a cotton bud, making sure i don't get any on my eye lashes, but I've been doing it for so long now, I'm an expert at it...lol  ::)
Just a thought, if you do decide to use the cream, get the one for sensitive skin, it's a bit more gentle. Just leave on for a minute, minute and a half, then wipe off, then just rinse your face. That's all I do.
Having fine hair on your face is a pain isn't it? I hate it.... >:(
Jd xx

Vieja Bruja

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 02:03:47 PM »

I've developed much more peachy fuzz on my face than I've ever had but I've noticed that the hair on my top lip seems thicker and darker - my skin is ultra sensitive just now so I can't tolerate waxing, I considered a 'no-no' but far to expensive and I'm not sure how I'd react to hair removing cream - help !

I'm on Elleste Duet 1mg

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 02:53:07 PM »

You saying that Vieja Bruja, I used my hair remover cream last night and my skin
was left all red, a little bit sore too, so i moisturised, and luckily it had gone this morning.
Don't know how that happened. [I think I left it on too long.]But nothing  to worry about now, it's all gone.

There's not a lot of options left for you is there, apart from shaving, but they do say it comes back thicker if you do that....don't know if that's true or not.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 03:00:06 PM »

I have a thread here : My Chin! :  ;)

Jaceyc

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 09:13:31 PM »

I have always been too scared to use creams, no no or wax etc in case it grows back thicker or darker.  I have electrolysis every now and then to take out anything longer or darker but try to leave the peach fuzz alone.  I am just concerned that the hrt could make it worse.  I thought that femoston conti was less androgenic than others and might even help the situation but from the replies so far, I doubt that is the case.  Bloody hormones!!!

Ladybt28

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 09:38:23 PM »

Vieja Bruja - I have a no no but I cant use it on my face despite what they say.  I am fair skinned and not very hairy but since meno I have peach fuzz down the side of my face and hair on my top lip and it shows now when I put on tinted moisturiser. I can't use removal cream cos it brings me out in a rash.  I'm not sure how to describe it, I got a tiny lipstick shaped razory type thing.  Not with a blade but with a rose gold foil type spring top.  Looks like one of the blade things in an old fashioned mens Philips electric razor which use to have 2 of those types of heads or sometimes 3.  You just swipe over the fuzzy bits in a circular motion takes about a minute!
I got mine on ebay for about £4! works a treat (they charge up to about £12 but I know the cheap ones are no better than the dearer ones - they all come from china! - seach womens lipstick face razor and see what comes up.  It doesn't make my face sore and after I've done it I just put on my ordinary moisturiser. The hair hasnt grown back any stronger it's just the same, been using it about 5 months now.  I have been on HRT 10 years and I cant say that that it's made it any worse.