Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Severe vaginal atrophy  (Read 25343 times)

Joaniepat

Re: Severe vaginal atrophy
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2018, 04:13:32 PM »

Jeaniewigs, I'm just wondering about decaff tea for Scottishgirl, although didn't like to suggest it in case it's not a good idea! I have decaff tea and decaff (real) coffee, although only a couple of cups of each per day, and no longer have any problems. We know that caffeine stimulates the bladder, but I'm just wondering whether even decaff would be too acidic. What do you think?

Scottishgirl, redbush tea is smashing. It is alkaline too, which would be good for you in the circumstances. I must get around to trying Jeaniewig's vanilla version. You can get an Earl Grey version as well.

Hope you feel some relief soon, but it does take a while to settle.

JP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2018, 04:14:41 PM »

Why not open a coffee jar and breath in .............  ;)

Onions do it for me too, love the smell, taste, texture - but am highly allergic unless they are in chutneys  :-\

Joaniepat

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2018, 07:52:08 PM »

Many thanks Jeaniewigs, good advice and makes a lot of sense. I'm just glad I can get away with decaff now, and occasionally even the real thing if I'm out somewhere, though never dare push my luck too far! Really must try that vanilla redbush.

Thanks again 😘
JP x

Scottishgirl

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2018, 10:55:55 PM »

Aw thanks everyone. I love this forum. I've been so miserable, having to face more surgery on Wednesday and the bladder thing, it really makes me feel like people care, and more importantly, know how you feel. I live in Australia, and to wake up to these responses this morning makes me feel like I've got friends that are concerned for me. I will try that herbal tea, although, being born in Scotland, I must admit, I love my cups of  real tea! I only drink it in the early morning though. Never the rest of the day. Just don't enjoy it the same as in the morning. I will try it , and also hope the vagifem kicks in, it did before, so surely it will again? . Thanks again. So much appreciated . 😀

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2018, 08:25:00 AM »

Scottishgirl - me too, as the day goes by my sense of taste seems to alter  :-\ so that a lovely cuppa first thing: that's anytime after 8.30 in this household  ;D through to 10.00  :whist: : isn't as nice by mid-afternoon and by evening  :beaurk:.  What's that about?

Scottishgirl

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2018, 09:13:56 AM »

Yep its weird isnt it? Tea at 4 not the same at all as tea at 8 in morning 😂

Scottishgirl

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2018, 09:45:37 AM »

Yep have cut out the tea and see how i go. Bladder still sore, after i wee. I worry about cancer. (Paranoid) . But its probs the atrophy . Also had an abscess stuck to my bladder aftrr the diverticulitis but that was 3 months ago and that was removed.

Scottishgirl

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2018, 10:44:58 AM »

Thats so true. And i am stressed about my op on wednesday, so that makes sense. Thank you.

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2018, 11:22:03 AM »

The op will be fine  ;).   Is it likely 2 take as long as the original intervention procedure?

How's the weather Down Under, we've had drought for 8 weeks which has broken over-night.  Temps of 29 and 28 last week  :o which is probably cold for you  :D

We do worry about cancers etc. but the worry is often worse than the diagnosis and treatment.  It was the unknown that worried me  :-\

Scottishgirl

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2018, 11:55:50 AM »

This op is much simpler than the first one. Quite straightforward. Its cold here in south australia. Its 7 celcius overnight. Cold winters boiling summers. I love heat though! But 40, which happens sometimes, is too hot! Lol.

Scottishgirl

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2018, 12:25:17 PM »

CLKD do yoi mind if i ask if you joined theforum because of atrophy?

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2018, 12:31:04 PM »

Hi!  I got here via the UK Ovacome Charity as a friend had died from ovarian cancer. There was an article in the magazine which led me here and I have learnt a lot.

My GP diagnosed atrophy.   After intermittently having urine infection-type symptoms and being treated on dip-stick results for 'infection' : of course ABs certainly eased symptoms : my GP picked up that samples hadn't bene sent 4 testing.  When symptoms became more often he recommended appropriate VA treatment.  Now it's up to me to continue in order to keep the area moist.

It is 1.30 p.m. here, 2.30 in Paris ..........  7 is COLD  ;D

Scottishgirl

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2018, 01:23:03 PM »

Same as me in a way. Lots of uti's that werent showing infection . Some real uti's. Finally a clever gp diagnosed atrophy. Horrible condition . Especially as ive had the bowel problems as well. This forum is great.  So glad i found it

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2018, 03:46:41 PM »

You are welcome.  Pity more GPs don't know about MM!

Scottishgirl

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2018, 09:56:43 PM »

Hi everyone. Just checking in. Bladder much the same, even had a couple of painful contractions yesterday, but it did I occur to me if this could be dehydration, and affecting the bladder even More. does that make sense?  People with iliostomies are always dehydrated to a certain extent, and I have not been drinking much at all. So have remedied that and added some hydrolite too, so hoping that makes a difference. I will let you know. Op is tomottow. 7.24 in morning here in oz, so will be hydrating all day today. Fingers crossed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9