Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Magnesium  (Read 10406 times)

paisley

Magnesium
« on: July 20, 2018, 01:25:31 PM »

Does anyone take magnesium for their anxiety & if so which type do you take? I read Magnesium Glycinate is the best source for this & kinder on tummy.

Abba Fan

Re: Magnesium
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 01:35:31 PM »

Hi paisley, I use this one https://www.bodykind.com/product/299-high-absorption-magnesium-120-x-100mg-tablets.aspx, it's lysinate glycinate chelate. I use it for anxiety and sleep, I take 2 every night 1 hour before bed. My husband uses it for leg cramps too.

paisley

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 01:45:15 PM »

Hi AbbaFan
Thanks for that. I have the magnesium oxide but doesn't seem to do much good. Do you find it helps with your anxiety? Funny you mention your husband as I have really painful legs at the moment.

Abba Fan

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 01:48:10 PM »

Hi paisley, I find it really helpful for anxiety, you can double the dose too, so if you're anxiety is still bad in the morning you can take another 2.

paisley

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 02:31:15 PM »

Thanks both
Yes I don't want to caught short when I am out. Very embarrassing

Abba Fan

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 02:48:41 PM »

Not the magnesium I posted Stellajane, it doesn't have laxative properties.

paisley

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 06:56:58 PM »

I have ordered the Magnesium Glycinate from amazon. Should be here by Monday
Thanks xx

Cassie

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 09:43:17 AM »

I take the magphos tissue salts they help a lot.

Roseneath

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 07:07:55 PM »

Hey Paisley. So have I (re the Magnesium Glycinate). Should be here Monday too. Will be interesting to see how we both get on with it. The reviews were mainly good. I am hoping it will help with my sleeping. Sometimes these vits give me bad wind so we shall see. Happily trade wind for sleep!

sheila99

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 02:57:02 PM »

If you're not deficient in magnesium a supplement may not help. I don't have experience in people but it's used to relieve anxiety in horses. If the horse isn't deficient it makes no difference, I assume it's the same in people. Definitely worth trying but if it doesn't work it may mean your anxiety has a different cause.

Annika

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 06:41:52 PM »

I found it really does help for anxiety and also if you are constipated too. Recently started using lavender epsom salts in the bath at night as the Magnesium is absorbed found that was very relaxing. My son gave me a spray oil but haven't tried it yet not sure if I want oil all over. :)

sheila99

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2018, 05:21:55 PM »

My anxiety was cured by oestrogen! I hadn't tried mag though.

Roni1972

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2018, 11:52:05 PM »

Crikey!  I give up!  Many nutritionists recommend Magnesium as Citrate, taken in the evening.

Others insist you cannot take a Magnesium supplement without Calcium as well.

On top of that, I have also read recent articles that state Magnesium L-threonate is the best if you are Peri-menopausal.

Can a professional or expert in the field of Peri-menopause, please enlighten me and every other confused woman out there?

Thank you.

Roseneath

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2018, 09:32:30 AM »

I have been on Magnesium Citrate for 48 hours and  I did feel slightly more lucid, clear headed and less anxious in the last 24. Placebo? Shifting hormones? Because its sunny or I had pancakes for tea?...who knows but I will keep taking it and see if it has a more long term effect.

Roseneath

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2018, 02:27:59 PM »

Magnesium Citrate 200mg (Nu U off Amazon - not expensive).  I also have recently started taking a Boots MultiVit  & 2.5 Vit D and drink a glass of milk per day. I have tested for low iron in the past and don't take much Ca naturally and I understand it aids Magnesium absorption.  I am a  bit of a sceptic that any medication at all will have a consistent, significant impact on my anxiety highs and lows (aside from ADs maybe which I haven't taken). Feel pretty good day too although my period started this morning so it could be the end of what seems to be Peri 'Hyper horrid PMT'  which I am beginning to see a bit of a cycle in - and nothing to do with the Vits and Minerals at all.   Still I feel significantly peppy and less foggy enough to continue the regime for a bit. We are all turning into closet self mediators! LOL.
Pages: [1] 2 3