Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Chin/neck covered in tiny white spots  (Read 2019 times)

TNM45689

Chin/neck covered in tiny white spots
« on: June 18, 2018, 02:30:50 PM »

Hi I have been using Estradot 50mg and Utrogestan orally daily for nearly five weeks. Yesterday lots of small spots appeared and today I woke up with lots of tiny white spots/redness. The only thing I have done differently is that usually I put the Estradot patch on my bum and this time I put on my tummy under my panty line.

Has anyone experienced this? I am not sure if it is HRT related ?

Thanks
Tx

TNM45689

Re: Chin/neck covered in tiny white spots
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 03:36:45 PM »

Thanks definitely not related to sunshine as it has not been sunny here.....

xx

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 04:32:31 PM »

Are the spots all over your body or just in a specific place? I get a rash sometimes from HRT patches but it is always red and itchy. From what I remember the advice for Estradot is to place it on the lower abdomen anyway.

Taz x  :)

Conolly

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 05:53:22 PM »

Hello TNM45689 (hard to type  ;D ),

I don't have personal experience with Estradot and Utrogestan, but if you're taking them for nearly 5 weeks, it's highly unlikely they're causing this redness and white spots.

If you could give some more information, it would be easier to pinpoint what may be going on.

In your previous posts you said you were 'nearly a year without periods' when you started HRT. 'Nearly' is not exactly a year so I reckon you may still be in perimenopause. Is that correct?

Conolly X.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 05:56:08 PM by Conolly »

Tempest

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 08:46:42 PM »

I'm thinking sweat rash, or a possible reaction to something that touches your neck area - maybe your duvet cover?

Have you changed washing detergent or fabric softener at all? It is possible to become suddenly sensitive to something you have previously used too.

If it was the patch, i'm sure the rash would be where you applied it as it was when I developed a rash when using Oestrodose. xxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 09:59:04 PM »

Milk spots sprang to mind ........ check with a Pharamicist?

TNM45689

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 09:14:29 AM »

Sorry Conolly I missed your post. It is a year in April since my last period so even though I am 46 I am classed as post menopausal (I think!).

I started my HRT 6 weeks today and the only thing I have done differently is on Sunday (when spots appeared) I put my Estradot patch on my tummy instead of bum. I agree it sounds odd that the rash would on my chin and not localised but nothing else has changed - skincare, ashing powders etc...

Tx

Daisydot

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 08:54:28 PM »

Could it simply be something you've eaten,did you have any fruit juices ,have you tried an antihistamine.. ?

linz57

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 07:25:02 PM »

Years ago, when I was newly pregnant,  I found my face covered in tiny white, pin head sized spots. It was connected to my estrogen levels being higher at that time.
Maybe yours are due to higher levels now your hrt has had time to get into your system. Just a thought🙂

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 02:40:33 PM »

Hi, I broke out in hives about 5-6 weeks into taking a birth control earlier this year. They appeared all over my legs. I was convinced ut was the birth control but my gp wasn't and told me to keep taking it. I was desperate for a cure of peri symptoms so I did keep taking it until I couldnt take the discomfort any longer.
I stopped the pill I think 3 months ago now and my legs are returning to normal although I am getting little hard whitespots where the hives have healed over. I've never experienced that either. Thankfully, the hives have stopped. I'm left confused as to what to try now for my peri symptoms but I hope it helps you in some way. My gp suggested new washing powder, allergies etc etc but nothing helped. I hope you find a solution.