Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Tiredness  (Read 2753 times)

prestige

Tiredness
« on: May 13, 2018, 02:09:56 PM »

Hello ladies,

I wonder if you could help me? Does anyone suffer from tiredness - even though you have had a full nights sleep. Also does anyone here suffer from what I would best describe as adrenalin rushes in the middle of the night?

I am currently not on any hrt - as I was prescribed Elleste Duet Sequi last year, which gave me horrendous anxiety and nausea. Both of which stopped after coming off it. Although I still get bouts of nausea now and again, but nothing like the nausea has was suffering before.

I can be ok for quite a few days....then bang out of the blue! I feel weak and tired, like I have been walking up a very steep hill. It takes a few days of moping around in my pj's before I start to get feel a bit better again.

I would love to hear from anyone who is suffering similar symptoms, as I am starting to get a bit worried this maybe a bit more serious.

Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tiredness
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 02:30:49 PM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::)

Do you dream more, if I have a 'busy' night I am tired the next morning.  I was very tired in August; would do 20 mins. weeding in our garden then have to sit absolutely still for 40 mins. or more: turned out I had low VitD levels.

Gingernoggin

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 09:14:13 AM »

Yes! Happened to me last night. Woke up with a thudding heart, took ages to calm down. Felt quite panicky too. This is completely out of character for me. Am also feeling groggy and headachey during the day despite sleeping relatively well. Yes to the mad dreams too. The other night I dreamt I witnessed Donald Trump beating up his daughter. Then the next night I dreamt about Elvis Presley. Not making it up. I hope to God it's not something serious! I've started HRT this morning - Femoston 1/10. Enough is enough. It's frightening isn't it? Normally, I'm a pretty level headed calm person who has never really suffered from anxiety  :'(

Daisydot

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 09:53:44 AM »

Hi gingernoggin you could ask to have your vit d levels checked.i thought because I was using supplements I was ok but I wasn't my levels were bad and doc started me on very high dosage.like you I was knackered even after 7 hours sleep I still felt low.im on my third week now of high dosage.at 6 weeks they'll redo bloods.im jaunting all round Benidorm right now smashing my steps targets lol.xx

Gingernoggin

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 03:06:44 PM »

Oh that's interesting Daisydot! I take supplements and kinda thought I'd be okay because of that but I'll mention to my GP. Thanks!

Tiddles

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 04:42:02 PM »

Hello Prestige

Yes I suffered badly from adrenalin rushes in the middle of the night  - waking up with a surge of adrenalin which my mind then tried to make sense of by having me imagine someone was breaking in or someone had died or was about to.  I too was dog tired some days.  I went on Elleste Sequi for 3 months but suffered with nausea and dizziness during the second (progesterone) half of the month so have changed to Femoston and the nausea is definitely better.  Also, no return of the night time adrenalin rushes. Perhaps a diffferent HRT would be worth trying in your case?  x

Snoooze

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 04:59:59 PM »

Oh that's interesting Daisydot! I take supplements and kinda thought I'd be okay because of that but I'll mention to my GP. Thanks!

Yes, ask for a test. Mine was really low as well. I was tired, low mood, joint aches especially in hip (low Vit D can cause osteomalacia which is softening of the bones and it can start in the hip). Had a big boost of Vit D and feeling so much better.

prestige

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 07:50:22 PM »

Thank you ladies for all your kind responses.

Snooze\Gingernoggin\CLKD\Daisydot - I will have to go back to the doctor to see if my Vit D levels are low.

Tiddles - I can't tell how glad I am to hear I am not the only person suffering adrenalin surges like this in the middle of the night. I have been at my wits end and worried terribly that this was something a lot more sinister. I came off Elleste duet sequi last year. I had every side effect going and it was all very traumatic dealing with the nausea and tiredness. Then whilst still on
Elleste I suffered terrible anxiety and hence decide to come off it.

My GP will only prescribe AD's as he says all hrt's are basically the same....which of course they are not.

Hence you can understand why I am a little hesitant to go back to my GP and ask for a different hrt.

xx

Tiddles

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 05:42:24 AM »

Hi Prestige.  Again, my experience has been very similar to yours - my GP wanted me to go down the anti-depressant route and I had to battle for HRT.  I went armed with a copy of my symptom diary and print outs from here on treatment options and replies from some of the very knowledgable forum members here on what to try and why.  I think I wore him down with paperwork and in the end he just said ok I'll prescribe the ones you want - no need to come back for a review if it works for you - I'll put it on repeat  ;D ;D ;D I'd say try either route but do try something.  Those adrenalin rushes are truely horrible but from my experience, preventable.  Best of luck to you xx

SunnyG

• HRT really helping brainfog, tiredness, depression
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 10:32:19 AM »

Hi, I am on estrogel and utrogestan, the best combination for me so far, having tried a few things. I also get bouts of exhaustion. This can be due to low testosterone. It's quite hard to get it prescribed, I've just seen a private consultant for a testosterone implant. Hoping the extreme tiredness is reduced.

I also tried all the vitamins, D, B12 and iron, they helped slightly, but not enough. Iron can be one of the things that makes you tired and takes a while to top up with supplements, but I don't think you can take high levels of iron all the time for some reason.

Charys

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 04:50:06 PM »

I have hugely less energy than I used to have, but can't work out if that is because I can't sleep as well and have insomnia some nights and periodic anaemia. I try and do everything I used to do, and find that my muscles feels all twitchy later when resting and I feel exhausted. I guess also it depends what a 'full nights sleep' means to you - for me it would be 8 hours at a min and I'd be better with more, but can't seem to get anywhere near that. I don't know if you have had the full meno happen, I'm kind of 4 years into perimeno at the moment - thats purely a guess though - but will be 50 this year. If I've been at the place I work that has pretty high physical requirements, then it honestly takes me days to recover. I don't know how the people there do it day in and day out, I guess in my younger days I could have done that too ?!

Are your adrenaline rushes like sort of panic attacks ?

I'm not on HRT of any sort either. 

GiggsC

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 08:51:28 AM »

I absolutely suffer with this. It's like an extreme, whole body exhaustion. It is really dragging me down lately. I woke up last night with a start, terrified (I don't know what of), heart pounding, didn't know where I was for a moment. The utter fatigue though, even after a relatively okayish night's sleep (I never sleep brilliantly), I just don't feel as though I want to do anything  :( I try to go for a walk most days as I have a sedentary job, but at the moment I feel as though I am literally dragging a weight around with me as I go, then I get back home and I just have to collapse onto the bed, even though I've only been walking for about 40 minutes. I'm sorry I have nothing to suggest to help, just want to say I know how you feel.

I'd love to know how people cope with the tiredness at work? I work in a very male, quite macho, environment and wouldn't feel comfortable being open about what I'm going through.

At my gynae unit yesterday the doctor told me when I'm there next time, for a hysteroscopy, we can discuss HRT so I'm just really hoping that might help.

Tiddles

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 05:16:57 PM »

I've posted a couple of things about carbs and I don't want to be seen as some kind of carb fascist but if I eat poorly (ie lots of refined carbs - especially bread, or sugar - especially cakes or biscuits) I just feel exhausted.  If I eat well - lots of salad, veg, good protein I have loads more energy.  It's a bit uncomfortable making the switch for the first couple of days but you quickly stop feeling hungry and stop craving the refined carbs if you don't have any. I swear they're addictive to me - the more I have, the more I want, the more tired and drained I feel. x

prestige

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 07:43:20 PM »

Funny you should mention carbs, but I too find that if I eat a diet high in veg/salads ( I take a large Tupperware lunchbox filled with salad and some sort of protein to work) I feel a lot better.

This week I have felt especially tired, as hubby has been away for work reasons. I have had to do all the school runs and general running around etc. , which means I have relied heavily on carbs to give me the extra energy.

Also at work everyone has a sweet tooth and there is always cakes and biscuits in the kitchen area. Its soo tempting to pick up a few biscuits whilst making a mid morning cup of herbal tea.

The only time I don't touch any carbs is when I am going through my nausea phase. It can strike at anytime and totally floors me.

I also find that tiredness and nausea can strike together and I get the double whammy!

GiggsC - let me know how you get on with the HRT. It sounds like we have very similar symptoms. I too work in a male dominated environment (IT sector), so I have no one to really confide in at work if I'm  feeling  ill.