Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 5406 times)

Daisydot

Re: Advice please
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2018, 03:25:53 PM »

Hi kernow how you doing today sorry I couldn't get back on sooner but just happy to be back.
I've just arranged a trans vaginal scan with one if the babyscan companies.they previously did my bladder and kidney scan rather than me worrying for weeks waiting on nhs appointment then scan results so I had the scan and results in my hand in less than an hour for around £89 If I remember right.
The vaginal scan is £99 with them I'm booked in for this Thursday as I want it done before I see this nhs gynie on the 24th.yes I'm scared when I have to do these things but in the long run it does give us peace of mind doesent it so maybe worth having a good think about xx

Daisydot

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2018, 07:58:42 AM »

Where are you kernow hope aok with you  :bighug:

Kernow

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2018, 06:52:16 PM »

Hello Daisydot.... :foryou: Lovely to see you're back.

Had a couple of days away which was great but anxiety kicked in big time and now I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

Haven't changed my Estradot patch over the week as should, in fact took it off today. Haven't used the Uterogestan tablets as meant to start 4 days ago. Don't know what to do, my GP is frankly useless and I don't think I can stay on HRT with all that entails without medical input.

To be honest I wasn't keen on the Uterogestan ..made me feel very low so tried it vaginally which helped somewhat..

I've felt a couple of flushes starting so aware all could kick in as before soon.
GP had suggested an anti depressant for my anxiety but it just feels that I'm adding in more and more tablets without achieving anything.

I have a pack of Femosten 1/5mg that the GP gave me initially and then told me not to take as being 59 oral preps were not recommended due to stroke risk...I haven't sourced that info anywhere so that may be something to try.

Sorry Daisydot, I'm a bit all at sea and not a clue how to solve it. I think Hurdity has put some good info in one thread ..just need to find it..menobrain..duh!

I hope you're well and enjoyed Benidorm, ;D 

If any of you knowledgeable souls can offer any advice, be glad to receive it.

Daisydot

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2018, 07:00:58 PM »

Can you not get them to refer you to a meno clinic kernow it sounds as if you really do need advice and that feeling if someone knowledgeable supporting you with your gp.maybe meantime email dr currie on here for advice.so sorry I can't help you I'm not knowledgeable enough but hopefully one of the other ladies can help. You must be at such a loss just now with the anxiety creeping it but try to fight it and be proactive make a gp appointment or do the email and try and progress positivately so in your mind your reassured that you will get the help and advice you need.i know it's so difficult when your feeling like that but make a plan it'll help you fight it.xx

Kernow

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2018, 07:10:55 PM »

Thanks Daisydot.

There are no menoclinics down here, last one closed 3 years ago.

Actually the email is a good idea and one that CLKD suggested in an earlier chat.

I get very cross with myself if I can't sort myself out, there's just extra pressure on from work and I'm in a situation where it might be best to get out and go somewhere else, but it means giving up a lot of hard work, and frankly the anxiety doesnt help.

Apologies, total worry wort. I think I just so hoped HRT would be magic...it took so long for me to try it.
I'll do the email X

Daisydot

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2018, 07:39:52 PM »

That's dreadful Isn't it,I'm traveling to Coventry on Thursday as I have confidence in my private meno consultant he has a lovely gentle way with him and has backed me to the hilt with these gps here.
I so wish I had that magic wand to help people it's so frustrating when you kind of know the answers and what you should do but then either don't have the resources or contacts to help you. I do appreciate that not everyone can access the stuff to help them it's a really sad situation in this day and age.hrt will hopefully help you it's just getting that right balance and it can't be easy juggling work and dealing with it at the same time x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2018, 07:44:39 PM »

Hi kernow
Hope you had a nice time, but as you say with anxiety everything is a struggle.
I'm on femoston , but the conti one because I haven't had a period for about 3 years now,
and to be honest, don't want one.
I think yours is the one where you have a period?
Anyway, I've been back on the femoston now since February and the advice off here was
to stay on for at least 3 months to see if it suites, well , now I'm much better, the femoston
Is great so far, maybe you have to try it? I don't know, I'm no expert.
My anxiety is only low level, when it strikes, and I don't take anything else for it.
Maybe send an e-mail to the doc on here if you've got nowhere else to go,
It's a pain in the backside isn't it, wish I could give you a hug, so.. :bighug:
Thats the best I can give, hope you work something out, I hate all the suffering
this bloody menopause causes. Keep us informed.

:foryou: jd xx

Daisydot

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2018, 07:49:26 PM »

Don't you just love jillydolls naughty girl attitude kernow I could hug her to bits sometimes lol.x

Kernow

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2018, 07:51:26 PM »

Hi Jd,

Lovely to hear from you.

Well originally I was told to use mine daily but the anxiety and low mood rocketed, so I saw a thread where you could use it sequentially which I did. However I didn't have a bleed so thought that couldn't be right.

Bit of a minefield isn't it. GP great but no earthly clue re HRT and a bit lax at investigating anything.

The Femosten I've got is the tablets to take continuously so maybe what have I to lose.

Hope all ok with you and yours  :tulips:

Kernow

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2018, 07:52:28 PM »

Yes Daisydot I agree....

You're both real tonicsXxxx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2018, 08:11:30 PM »

Naughtie but nice..... ;D

:rofl:

Jdx

Battery just going on I.pad.. :cuss:  can't stay on now... >:(

Errol

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2018, 09:12:34 PM »

I'd like to piggy back here for advice on same topic please. I've been put on continuous utrogestan and Sandrena. Consultsnt Told me to take 3 Sandrea gels pd and 2 utrogestan, which I've done for about 8 weeks. It was raised from 2 sandrena and 1 utrogestan to balance need for oestrogen with frequent bleeding. I have experienced anxiety for years and been on ADs for long time but anxiety levels are very high at the moment as is fatigue. Could this be hrt related? Reading others posts makes my doses seem very high

Kernow

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2018, 04:08:21 PM »

Hi Errol,

I'm sorry I'm no expert on this...there are some very well informed bods on this forum so hopefully one will come back to you..

For me I was on Uterogestan 100mg daily with Estradot as my oestrogen. I was getting anxiety and low mood probably from the Uterogestan, so decided to take it sequentially 200mg for 12 days vaginally as advised by a lady on the forum.

Was ok but I still did not feel great, I've actually stopped everything for nearly a week so I'm just seeing how I get on without it.

Maybe the Uterogestan is adding in to your anxiety, I believe there are many other Progesterone you could try, however wait for one of the knowledgeable souls to answer :)

Good luck...keep going :foryou:
Pages: 1 2 [3]