Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Gp and menopause consultant  (Read 4433 times)

Daisydot

Re: Gp and menopause consultant
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 01:38:21 PM »

Thanks so much dotty I'm not lying down to this while I feel well I'll battle away.xx

Dotty

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 01:57:33 PM »

just hope my GP will prescribe it for me once private doctor writes to her.

robotwars

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 02:19:45 PM »

OMG! Daisydot, I cant believe how you have been treated. I also have an appointment at Nuffied in 2 weeks time, I was hoping afterwards the prescription would go back so my GP could prescribe as financially I cant afford private continually....im now a little concerned...... I hope you get sorted. what a nightmare...

Daisydot

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 02:25:55 PM »

If you just make sure that your consultant writes on your gp report a schedule of care ie he'll see you again in 3 or 6 or 12 months then that should cover you ,that's what mines didn't do and she lept on it even though he said he would be happy to see me again if necessary he didn't use the sentence she wanted ,she was just looking for fault though.good luck and when I hear back from consultant I'll update.it will be very interesting to see how much clout he does actually have.xx

Daisydot

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018, 04:05:50 PM »

Update ladies.
My lovely consultant replied to me very promptly..He said he was deeply disappointed to hear of my experience with gp.he could provide me with private prescriptions but why should I have to pay for a treatment I am entitled to on the nhs.
He could write a more detailed letter explainng his thinking and referring to the National Guidlines which she is ignoring.he will also offer to monitor my progress.
I'm so pleased with him he's obviously a truly kind caring man so I don't care who it rattles in the practice there's bound to be other ladies over 60 that need this kind of help and who the hell do these gps think they are to write us off at this age.keep battling ladies it's bloody draining me if I'm honest I hate confrontation and stress but I also hate feeling crap and my consultants treatment regime is making me feel alive again so I'm fighting my corner here for the treatment and support we all deserve.xx

vickypk

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2018, 05:56:49 PM »

Hi Daisydot
I'm going through a similar thing to you with my GP.  I have just moved to Dorset and I signed on with a new GP and I went to get a prescription for my patches and he said to stop HRT and take venlafaxine.  I have already written a post a few weeks ago regarding this.  I have found this experience upsetting as I have been doing fine for the past two years on the HRT.  He said I have to stop the patches soon.  I have tried to stop using the patches for a couple of weeks and was waking up drenched in sweat all over and my mood has changed and anxiety has come back very bad, especially in the mornings.
Hope you get things sorted soon.
vickypk xx

Daisydot

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2018, 06:12:56 PM »

Makes me so angry vickypk.i know what you mean it's all very well quoting guidelines etc but if they are of a certain mindset then at the end of the day they sign the scripts or not in our cases.all I can suggest is go down the private route or ask to be referred to a meno clinic but be prepared to travel.I wish I could help you more but I'm at a loss other than the above suggestions.coukd you maybe change practices'so sorry I hope you can find the strength to do battle with him bloody swine.xx

vickypk

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2018, 06:21:17 PM »

Thanks for your reply Daisydot.
Like a lot of ladies on this site we go through a lot before we even start taking HRT.  When you have a male doctor in his 40s sitting there telling you to come off the HRT, he doesn't even have a clue how it feels to be menopausal.  At least in London I had a lovely lady doctor who was very kind. 
I will go private and probably to Harley St in London.
Hope you get on okay with it all, it isn't easy we shouldn't be fighting to get this!!
Speak soon
Vicky xx

Daisydot

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2018, 06:26:07 PM »

Yes your right Vicky it's so stressful isn't it.good luck with Harley street it's quite close to me but I went in the other direction to Coventry lol.each of them are an hour away from me but in opposite directions lol.my obstacle is a youngish female maybe early forties or younger I'm not very good with ages,probabaly because I lie about mines all the time lol.I hope the menopause bites her soundly in the arse.good luck xx

vickypk

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2018, 06:31:47 PM »

You made me laugh about the age thing.  Yep the menopause will be upon her one day.  I would see someone closer to me, but haven't really found any menopause doctors around here.  Keep in touch and let me know how you get on
xx

Daisydot

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2018, 06:52:32 PM »

Will do Vicky hope your successful xx

Daisydot

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2018, 01:46:52 PM »

I put in a request online for a prescription for Oestrogel and it has been authorised to be sent to the chemist,why couldn't I get it when I asked at go consultation.wonder if the main gp has said yes.

Dotty

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2018, 02:13:59 PM »

I'd order a few bottles and get stocked up 😄

Daisydot

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2018, 03:01:02 PM »

Good idea Dotty but they wouldn't authorise but if I get one then they have to explain why no more if they go down that route don't they.

Dotty

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2018, 03:08:31 PM »

Daisydot - do they give you a months supply at a time or 3 months?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4