Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Really Scared, ''Atrophy - Cant take Estrogen - lots of Bladder Pain''  (Read 21188 times)

Joy55

Re: Really Scared, ''Atrophy - Cant take Estrogen - lots of Bladder Pain''
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2018, 01:54:43 AM »

CLKD

I have a pre- surgical consultation with my surgeon/OBGYN on the 26th. I'm sure all pro's and cons will be discussed then.

Regardless the cyst on the ovary has changed to a complex cyst now and I lost my maternal grandmother to ovarian cancer many years ago, I am in no position to hang onto an ovary that could possibly turn cancerous if it hasnt already.... Im trying not to think about anything negative at this point.... Just hoping all goes well with the surgery and praying no cancer.

Conolly

« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2018, 01:04:22 AM »

Hello Joy55,

My fingers are crossed for a good appt tomorrow!

Conolly X

Joy55

« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2018, 11:23:19 AM »

Hello Conolly,

this is all I know at this time:

Tumor marker test was elevated by 3 points, it should be 5 or less and mine is 8 so they re-did it again today., I dont know the results of that yet.

She will proceed with surgery regardless if I have a UTI or not.

She will do a hysterectomy is she sees cause for it while shes in there.

Wont have results for 2 weeks after surgery on the cyst and the biopsies.

She cant guarantee me that these procedures will end the UTI's even if a hysterectomy was done.

Surgery will be April 2nd, the office will call me Friday with the time of surgery. Post op exam on April 18th at 10:15.

4 weeks for complete healing.

She cant tell by looking at the scans if the cyst is cancerous or not, she says when she gets a better look at it and removes it she may be able to give me a better idea then if it could possibly be cancerous.

Praying No Cancer is found.

Conolly

« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2018, 11:33:30 AM »

Thank you for the update Joy55. My fingers and toes are crossed. Thinking of you, good luck 🍀🍀🍀

Conolly X

Joy55

« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2018, 02:02:57 PM »

Thank you Conolly

Im just sitting here counting down the days till surgery and praying for a good out come.

I will update later next week once I am feeling better after the surgery.

Dotty

« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2018, 02:14:15 PM »

Hope all goes well x

Joy55

« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2018, 02:39:16 PM »

Thank you Dotty

Daisydot

« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2018, 02:43:34 PM »

Good luck joy55  :bighug:

Joy55

« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2018, 02:58:10 PM »

Thank you Daisydot

Joy55

« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2018, 01:18:19 PM »

Update on surgery:

Hello all...

I didnt get home from the hospital till after 6pm last evening. I was there from 9:30 till after 6pm.   Im not clear on all she did because she spoke with me in the recovery room when  I was still half out of it. I remember something about fibroids, ,  endometriosis, a large polyp and the ovary of course,  all of that stuff was removed, and if I remember her correctly I think she said that she thinks everything looked okay but we need to wait for results of the biopsies and the ovary, that could take up to 2 weeks,  I see her in the office on the 18th.

Im extremely sore, I didnt realize till this morning that have 3 incisions instead of the 2 I was told I would have..

I woke up from surgery in a lot of pain and was very nauseated, then it took me from 12:30 yesterday just before surgery, till this morning at 6am to finally urinate, surgery sometimes does that to me because my bladder will go a shock like stage or something to that affect.

Needless to say I'm sore.

I will update more when I know more.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 01:20:34 PM by Joy55 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2018, 02:14:41 PM »

:foryou: sorry, I'd lost track of your journey.

As for atrophy - localised treatment should make NO difference to any effects of surgical intervention.  It is so localised, i.e. into the vagina.  It is the ONLY treatment which will ease atrophy.

Have a read round when you wake up properly i.e. 'my bladder etc.' thread and other vaginal atrophy threads here.  Make notes.  Discuss with the Surgeon and press the point that it is into the vagina so there is little likelihood of infiltration which will cause any problems ;-).

Feet up!

Conolly

« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2018, 06:04:51 PM »

Hello Joy,

So glad to hear from you, now you have to rest and let your body heal. Keep us posted.

Conolly X

Joy55

« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2018, 06:23:01 PM »

Hello CLKD,

OBGYN wants nothing applied inside the vagina for 4 weeks.

We have discussed the option of the estrogen  (as much as I really dreading the idea of any type of estrogen) we did discuss the type that is used externally instead of internally.

More will be discussed on this idea or hopefully another alternative after she feels I have healed completely and all depending on the out come of the surgery biopsies.

Joy55

« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2018, 06:27:09 PM »

Day 4 post op Update:

Still sore, but better than it was. Still dealing with that horrid gas pain in my shoulders and between my shoulder blades. Im still not able to drive my car yet due to it sits so low, its too painful to even try that yet.

Saw the GI for the first time yesterday (took 3 months to get that appt) so I wasn't about to miss it, my son and his wife took me to that, thank heavens because as it turned out to be a very chaotic event. Next month on the 3rd the GI has ordered a colonoscopy and endoscope, hopeful that will be the last procedure for this year, I HOPE!

Still waiting on the surgical biopsy results,So far all I have received is blood work results showing abnormal red and white cells ( CBC WITH DIFF[202426653] Abnormal ) whatever that means... So I'm still waiting for answers.

I thank everyone for all the well wishes  :thankyou:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2018, 07:28:13 PM »

You are very welcome!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8