Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Really Scared, ''Atrophy - Cant take Estrogen - lots of Bladder Pain''  (Read 21189 times)

Joy55

Re: Really Scared, ''Atrophy - Cant take Estrogen - lots of Bladder Pain''
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2018, 12:55:47 PM »

Thank you Conolly for the link

Only surgeries I have had was a sterilization tubal when I was 36 or 37.

Only stress Im' previously under is this agonizing pain and no help.

I also have GERD/Acid Relux, so my diet is very restricted and very much like the IC diet.

Im new to forums and not having much luck in finding these articles you speak of.

Thanks again for your reply and link.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:57:37 PM by Joy55 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2018, 01:23:05 PM »

Joy55 - if you click on any blue links that other post, it should take you there.

As for the appt., not a lot of help then.  Have you taken over-the-counter pain relief to help?

Joy55

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2018, 04:25:42 PM »

CLKD
Yes Ive taken OTC pain meds and nothing helps. I also drink baking soda/water during flare up's and that sometimes eases the pain but does not eliminate it completely.

Conolly

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2018, 07:01:43 PM »

Hello Joy55,

Thank you. You are 62 and had the tubal op at 36-7 so it is not likely to be the source of your bladder symptoms, but it could have led to endometriosis. When did the bladder symptoms start? How old were you when your periods had stopped? Have you ever been on any HRT? All you can tell about your health history would help to explain your current symptoms.

Conolly X

Joy55

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2018, 01:20:38 AM »

Conolly

Periods stopped at 55, Bladder pain started a few months ago in the wee hours of the morning after the night I had first tried Premarin cream, its the only estrogen I have been offered, no other HRT. The pain was so bad I ended up ER at the hospital, they got the pain under control and sent me home. Since that experience I have been absolutely petrified of any kind of estrogen and not tried any of it since! I am currently on a Replens vaginal moisturizer and thats it. I also have , IBS, gerd/acif reflux and severe anxiety. Also had fibroid tumors in the womb removed by a DNC (Dilation (or dilatation) and curettage (D&C) refers to the dilation (widening/opening) of the cervix and surgical removal of part of the lining of the uterus and/or contents of the uterus by scraping and scooping curettage)     just before periods stopped.

Thats all I recall Connolly

« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 12:05:08 PM by Joy55 »

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2018, 12:02:33 PM »

It's Trial and Error at a time when we need answers  :-\

:bighug:

Joy55

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2018, 12:06:20 PM »

Hi CLKD

Yes I need answers

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2018, 12:08:06 PM »

R U able to send an e-mail to Dr Currie on here - which she charges for? 

How's the weather over there this morning and what time might it be?

Joy55

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2018, 12:49:07 PM »

Hi CLKD

Who is Dr. Currie?

Today's weather, Sunny, with a high near 51. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon.

7:48am

Joy55

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2018, 02:44:15 PM »

Just got my last blood culture back, URINE CULTURE   20000 CFU/mL Klebsiella pneumoniae ,  from all Im reading this is very dangerous especially with my body becoming resistant to antibiotics... I've not heard form the urologist yet but I'm praying they admit me in the hospital and do all the antibiotics by IV's.

Needless to say I'm scared out of my mind at this time.

:'(

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2018, 05:11:55 PM »

Dr Currie started this Forum, the magazine 'menopause matters' - there's info on the home page - right at the top in 'blue' press Home and continue.

Joy55

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2018, 06:49:47 PM »

I dont understand , just how many more doctors must I see before I get answers and a cure for these UTI's and bladder pain!

A nurse called me and said I was being prescribed Keflex, she could hear how upset I was yet refused to explain anything to me, or even try to comfort me. Her words to me were, if I REALLY FELT I needed to be admitted then go to the ER and be evaluated!

Last time I was at ER they told me there was nothing more they can do for me and referred me to the urologist.  Im fighting a losing battle with this medical community in this town and I dont know what else to do ... I have been on Kelfex before and many other antibiotics, that is why I am now resistant to antibiotics.

I have another call in for another nurse that I'm hoping will take the time to talk with me and at least calm my fears. I simply dont know what else I can possibly do to end this nightmare. I honestly am falling apart here and beings I live alone I have to fight all this crap totally alone and I am not ashamed to admit I am scared to no end!

Will these infections and pain ever go away?  :'(
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 06:51:42 PM by Joy55 »

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2018, 08:43:09 PM »

If you get treatment for VA.  How about Sylc - do a search on here for the product and see what others have used.

Conolly

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2018, 09:03:00 PM »

Hello Joy55,

First of all, do you know if an antibiogram has been performed? It will show to which antibiotics this particular strain of Klebsiella pneumoniae is resistant/sensitive. Based on the antibiogram the gp/urologist will choose the best antibiotics. After your AB treatment is complete your docs will have to address the pain, if it continues. If it's the lack of local oestrogen that is disturbing your natural vaginal microbiota and immune system, then you'll have to try a low dose estriol or estradiol gel/cream. I know you're terrified of oestrogen but a low dose could benefit you without the side-effects.

Your rage against the docs/system is totally comprehensible but this attitude won't help you now. You have to keep on trying to find a doc that suits your needs/expectations. It's not an easy task, but you can't stop trying.

Feel free to PM me anytime if you need to chat/vent.

Conolly X

Joy55

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2018, 11:26:18 PM »

Conolly, yes antibiogram was perform and Keflex was one the preferred antibiotics.

Im feeling light headed, I need to sign off and lay down.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8