Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Hugh Fearnley-whittingstall - war on waste (rant alert) LOL  (Read 9571 times)

Droopeydrawers

Re: Hugh Fearnley-whittingstall - war on waste (rant alert) LOL
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2019, 07:42:21 AM »

Good morning Tc.
If you like butternut squash marks and Spencer's do it ready cut either in wedges or slices so you can season, drizzle with olive oil and oven cook the wedges or make a vegie lasagne with the slices and it's only £1 a bag in the veg section same with their beautiful big cauliflowers which are a £1 I usually curry some of that and have as a filling for a jacket potato.you can buy boxes of 4 mcains frozen jacket potatoes for £2 and just take one from the freezer when you fancy it they microwave in 4 mins.I like different foods from hubby and there's a lot I can't have so I do tend to shop slightly different these days.I would rarely eat frozen always preferring fresh and I usually buy items that I store and cook over 3 days then shop again.I only have a small ice box and the top section of a large smeg fridge I did this mainly for his ice creams which I also don't eat due to lactose intolerance. I'm also gluten intolerant but I honestly don't have any issues day to day with my food as there's plenty alternatives these days and not necessarily the gluten free ranges which are not always as pure as they make out and very costly.I also follow the 12 hour rule which is only eat in a 12 hour window so if i have breakfast at 8am my last food will be 8pm that gives your body a fast of 12 hours each day and time to heal and burn off calories when you sleep.it works very well for me and if I do eat from the naughty list and get a gastric flare then I will fast and it really helps.DD😘

Tc

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2019, 10:30:48 AM »

Morning DD. Will definitely try the butternut squash idea and I  love curried cauliflower just have never made it myself. I've got a fair few ideas from this thread so I guess I just have to roll up my sleeves and get stuck in
Hope you have a nice day. TC

Tc

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2019, 01:09:04 PM »

Haha  Simon rimmer made a cauliflower curry on Sunday brunch today!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2019, 01:18:06 PM »

:D.  who is Simon Rimmer ?   :D

We have a receipe thread I'll try to bounce it.

Tc

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2019, 01:24:59 PM »

He's chef on Sunday brunch on channel 4. It's a cooking chat show. Celebrity guests and he cooks several dishes each week.

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2019, 01:26:28 PM »

Didn't James Martin do that for a few years?  I don't watch cookery programmes, as it makes me queasy  ::)

Morning by the way !  What's you tackling in the kitchen today?  I will be washing up and loading the dishwasher  ::), OH I know how 2 live  :D

Tc

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2019, 01:39:05 PM »

Haha. I've got some turkey escslopes. Open oven. Put in. Wait 25 minutes. Remove from oven.😀
Isunday brunch is a bit like the James Martin one but more interviews and other items other than cooking.

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2019, 01:41:48 PM »

You have to switch the oven on though  :-\ or they won't cook  ;).  What you cooking with them?

I liked James as he had a working Clumber spaniel, as well as fast cars ..........  :lol:  :great: not interested in his food though his kitchen was FabULUS!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]