Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Biopsy, how long for results  (Read 20616 times)

jaycee

Re: Biopsy, how long for results
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2018, 09:22:44 PM »

Short update,he is going on Wednesday for the marking of where the radiation beams will be aimed at
All seems to be ok up to now,hes had 2 injections, and still feeling ok, no side effects yet
Not sure when treatment will start, i have forgotten how long he has to take the HT tablets for,

jaycee

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2018, 09:45:52 PM »

Just checked back posts,and the tablets were only for 12 days,he hasnt mentioned finishing them
Will update again after the 18th

jaycee

« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2018, 07:11:49 AM »

*CLKD*,did you have to go to be marked for the treatment first,or was it done on first day of treatment, just curious ?x
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 07:13:46 AM by jaycee »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2018, 08:58:17 PM »

Sorry been away sorting Mother's property ...... then we took a break - I wasn't given radiation until 3 months post surgery, to allow the surgical areas to heal.  In the meantime I had a body scan to make sure my bones were healthy followed by 2 hours with the Oncologist and Radiographer when the tattoos were put on.  That was about 2 weeks prior to the first treatment session.  It was tattoos on the breast or blue ink but I couldn't have bathed for the 4 weeks of treatment and I loves my bath I does  ;D

How R U feeling?

jaycee

« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2018, 10:30:03 PM »

Oh thanks for your reply, not sure what he has had done ,he has been a bit distant recently, not sure why, so have not seen or heard from him since tuesday,
As far as i know it was just a visit for marking ,
I really dont know if he wants us to carry on, getting mixed signals, so i am not feeling very happy at the moment,in fact very annoyed, but will wait to hear,when hes ready to tell me
Will update when i know more
What a shame you missed your baths, always look forward to a nice warm one in cold weather especially, but mostly shower, as its much quicker

jaycee

« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2018, 10:34:13 PM »

Meant to say i hope you enjoyed your break, sound as if you have been busy and probably ready for one
This situation might be different to yours as no surgery involved,which is why i wondered if he would get some treatment on the same day

CLKD

« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2018, 10:02:47 PM »

I didn't phrase that particularly clearly - if I had been painted with blue dye I would have not been able to get into water which is why I opted for the tattooes so that I could bath every night. 

Your man probably has a lot on his mind ..........

jaycee

« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2018, 08:53:54 AM »

Sorry for long delay in posting, marking will be done next week on the 17th, and treatment started on the 4th of June, he has to take a tablet the night before, thinks its a laxative
Thats all i know for now,
Hope you are well, and enjoying nice weather, very nice here this morning, but not too warm im sorry to say
Where in the country are you?

CLKD

« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2018, 01:54:56 PM »

Midlands.  Dull.  Overcast.  Chilly wind but warm when the sun comes out!
How R U?

jaycee

« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2018, 01:02:32 PM »

Not very nice here today,dry and bright,but not summer,   not too cold, just waiting for dinner to cook, having sons over
Re partner, dont really know what is going on, i finished it last week as he seems to be not getting in touch  much, and ignoring messages,so i had enough, thought i would give him a wakeup call, cant do with being messed about,
He called to see me and said" why do you care i dont",.when i asked how he was getting on,
Anyway,made up, but not heard from him again.
I have been very stressed about that,and my son has been in hospital twice this week with suspected tia,hes had them before, but i think these were panic attacks, when he felt he was having a stroke
I have lost a stone in wight in the last few months.doesnt sound a lot, but was only slim to begin with
As things stand i dont know where i do ::)
We will see :-\

CLKD

« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2018, 02:33:52 PM »

You are worrying for him when he appears not to be worried.  You don't live together.  Concentrate on your son?  What advice has the Hospital given him?  Maybe your partner is concerned about your being concerned ;-) but won't say so.

jaycee

« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2018, 09:02:20 PM »

*CKLD* I dont have much more news, he is blowing hot and cold, last saw him 3 weeks ago, and all was good, then nothing, no texts or phone calls, he has done this before then just turned up out of the blue as if nothing was wrong,
I do know he went to have an injection at the Drs.  the day after i saw him  then marked  ready for treatment the day after that, not seen him since,and he starts treatment on the 4th of June
I am upset about it because i seem to be getting mixed messages,
Anyway i will update if i have anything to tell
I know the Hormone therapy can affect the moods, only from what i have read, but the silence is worrying
My son is very depressed and i visit him every day its mainly because he hasnt got his universal credits sorted out from before Christmas, and is worrying about losing his flat, he hasnt much to live on and tax credits are saying he owes over £1000 from 7 years ago, and its coming out of what money he does get at almost £50 a month, he is not the only one apparently,lots of people have been hit with this all from 7 years ago,and having large amounts taken from them
It is disgusting putting people in hardship
Meant to say my son was having bad panic attacks it seems, , so that is less of a worry, but he is very stressed
I am subsidising him as much as i can
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:06:21 PM by jaycee »

CLKD

« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2018, 09:54:38 PM »

Tnx.   Concentrate on your son.  What financial advice has he accessed?

As for your partner, how much does he put into the relationship, is it one-sided with more running from you? 

jaycee

« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2018, 09:24:03 PM »

Thanks for your reply, my son has had a bit more luck, financially, hopefully will be sorted soon,
I see him every day, imake a point of ringing or calling on him, but i always check first if he would like me too, he has made me a meal tonight, and i think he needs more company,
The trouble is most of his friends are drinkers, and he has an alcohol problem which doesnt help, he is getting help with that, but when friends who also drink call it puts him back,
Forgot to say this tax credits lark is ridiculous, his MP contacted them and received a letter back, a copy of which he sent to my son, in it whoever wrote this letter has referred to him as mrs[ name] and her, not him
Also changed the year and amount ,

Re,this relationship, has been about equal really until recently,
It is only since he has been having the treatment that he has been different,
He was bothered about the HT treatment ,and how it would affect him
 He said the last time i saw him that he probably wouldnt see me as much because of treatment and "summer being a busy time" whatever that means, gardening usually,, although he did say Radiotherapy can make people tired, so that might be part of it, until he sees how he feels but anyway,i am just leaving it up to him now, so will see how it goes, i dont worry as much as you seem to think, or at least i dont say much to him about it, he told me not to worry, as he doesnt
Im sure he isnt as cool about it as he says,but who knows, he wouldnt say i think
He will probably just turn up out of the blue, as he has done sometimes when there has been a bit of a lull as if nothing has changed
I am just going to leave him to it, the ball is in his court so to speak
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 09:31:27 PM by jaycee »

CLKD

« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2018, 10:04:45 PM »

How much does your son need those people in his Life?  Maybe maintain contact via a land-line so that he keeps in the loop without going out for a drink?  I've never bothered what others think of me ........ friends don't put friends under pressure.  Years ago someone handed me a ciggie but warned it might make me sick so I handed it back.  I've never had people nagging me to smoke or drink, I don't do either!

You could suggest to him that 1 or more of that group might like not to drink as much but it will take 1 or more to begin choosing some other hobbies, it could be your son who starts that ball rolling.  Alcohol is a depressant.  It alters how we feel.  But that feeling doesn't last.  AA is the place for support for families and sufferers.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8