Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Internal Shaking and Quivering.  (Read 67069 times)

Pollypocket69

Re: Internal Shaking and Quivering.
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2019, 01:00:29 PM »

Ive found this group today from googling Inner tremors..I guess mine started faintly couple years ago but was literally a day once in so many months.
\its gradually became more often and now pretty much daily and keeping me awake some evenings.
I missed my first period last month but came on early this month.
I been so worried worrying what these tremors are and so relieved to find this forum with so many of you explaining my exact symptons.
Well i hope its that anyway :/

squeaker99

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2019, 10:00:42 AM »

I had this off and on for about 3 months. It really is bizarre and just like having a phone on vibrate. I am sure mine was due to anxiety caused by hormonal /cortisol surges. GP said anxiety. I also take propananol and found it worse when I took it at night and if I had had any alcohol at all; even one glass of wine. Maybe due to BP changes up and down? Certainly is Peri/Meno related.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2019, 01:44:18 PM »

Hi.
Yes totally agree, it's got to be related to anxiety. I've been suffering it for years now. Comes on at totally random times, even just talking to family or friends. Don't get it as much as I did, but still do occasionally.
Pollypocket69;....maybe introduce yourself in the new members section.?
Tell us all about yourself , and ask any questions you need too..we're all great ladies, and will try to help if we can.....oh, and  :welcomemm:...xxx
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 01:47:09 PM by jillydoll »

hereandthere

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2019, 04:43:47 AM »

Not sure if this is the same thing but on waking I usually have quite a bad buzzing kind of tremor feeling in the tops of my arms/ shoulders/ in the outer part. Often goes with tinnitus.
I do have hand tremors and tremors right the way down at other times. Neuro for a concussion said probably essential tremor, but I didn't always have it.
It kind of freaks me out at times.

Jeepers

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2019, 02:56:19 PM »

Hi hereandthere

I have this as well.  Its in my shoulders, and down my arms.  I also have tinnitus.  I have had a trapped nerve at the base of my neck in the past year, and wondered if its anything to do with that.  It seemed to get worse after I (foolishly, probably) went to a body pump session

It scares the beejeeesus out of me, what with the palpitations too.

I was thinking of going to an osteopath until I read about that poor chap who died at the hands of one. :-(

Jeepers xx

Itslindag

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2019, 04:27:01 PM »

I have this - more so when anxious - I used to google and according to it I would have parkinsons or mnd or anything other than hormone or anxiety - Mindfulness breathing and I have beta blockers which primarily work although not all the time if it is bad.

try some of the headspace meditations or as someone said the bachs herbal remedy

good luck

marge

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2019, 07:52:11 AM »

I had the internal vibration a lot a few years ago (I'm 62 now) and saw a GP.  Terrified he was going to say it was something neurological, but he said it's the menopause and anxiety.  I started to calm down and stopped worrying about it and it passed.  I still get it slightly in my left leg at night if I'm worried about something. 

squeaker99

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2019, 12:03:30 PM »

Yes I identify with the vibrations things completely.
I am sure mine is hormonal as it comes and goes.
I used to get it when I lay down in bed at night. I can have 3 months when
it goes then a week when it comes back. When I was on propanonol for anxiety
it was actually worse and when I stopped it it improved.

Kathleen

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2019, 07:54:17 PM »

Hello again ladies.

I have always assumed my internal shaking was hormonal in origin. I certainly never experienced anything like it  until I had been without periods for three years. Even then they would suddenly stop at about 9pm every evening after plaguing me throughout the day. My trusty meno book also describes these sensations perfectly along with the emotional symptoms that accompany them. Definitely my worst meno symptom and the most frustrating one. I even Googled 'internal shaking once' and the menopause was the first thing to come up as the suggested cause.

You have my sympathy ladies as they can be truly exhausting and so hard to describe to anyone who hasn't experienced them.

Wishing you all well.

K.

Kathleen

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2019, 06:54:05 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Lola50 -  my internal shaking is still with me unfortunately but it is milder than before and perhaps even milder than when I was on HRT but it's difficult to be certain. The sensations do seem to have changed location though and now seem to be lower down, nearer my clapped out ovaries if that makes sense lol ( I see that you no longer have your ovaries but mine have definitely atrophied according to a scan I had a few years ago). I still have the odd hot flush but they  are milder which is good even though they were never my worst symptom.

Your GPs description of jangling oestrogen receptors is spot on as that is what it feels like. I want to send them a memo saying 'get over it already' but sadly that's not possible! 

I will continue to update the forum about coming off HRT and I will certainly get Christmas out of the way before I review it all again. I just hope I feel better then because we will have a houseful of visitors and I don't want to feel crap all the time.

Take care.

K.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]