Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: CBD oil for anxiety  (Read 22445 times)

Megamind

Re: CBD oil for anxiety
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2017, 09:29:23 AM »

Great news Daisy. I'm interested in the oil as have a young family member suffering badly with anxiety so will see how much you improve then recommend it x

DaisyB

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2017, 09:59:46 AM »

Yes megamind - I will keep posting on any change for better or worse. I like the idea that it is working primarily for anxiety and pain but is non-addictive.
It is def not a cure all as far as I'm concerned. But if I can reduce the anxiety I can cope better with the symptoms I'm getting. A good example is my arm and leg are feeling weak and a bit clumsy this morning. This normally sends me into full blown panic mode but here  I am drinking coffee and thinking 'I don't like this but if I have to live with it I will!!'

That said I have seen so many peaks and troughs in this menopause journey that I wouldn't like to mislead or get too confident. So I am giving myself 1 month and adding or taking away other supplements to see if I can say for sure it's the cbd  ;)

DaisyB xx

Megamind

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2017, 12:32:45 PM »

Fingers crossed x

babyjane

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2017, 12:45:32 PM »

Hi Daisy, I have no problem with meds.  I am not one to suffer in silence (or suffer at all if I can help it).  I have a very low threshold for pain and discomfort and if I can take something to improve matters I will.  I never saw Thyroxine as a drug anyway, but a hormone replacement in itself.  I had no choice as my condition is Hashimoto's which is autoimmune and by the time I was diagnosed my TSH was 52!

I also take vitamin D supplements, vitamins, Glucosamine as well as SSRI and Betablockers. I spent years and lots of money on alternatives and different therapists and in the end I just wanted to put an end to the striving for something I was not going to find.

Good luck with your treatments.

Mbrown001

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2017, 12:54:53 PM »

Can I please ask a silly question. I had a bit of a Google and the CBD comes in two types I think.
Is the one you are using something you rub on.....yep said it was a silly question but I did see there were oral drops.
I'm really keen to try something natural for my anxiety but I have a bit of a sensitive stomach so anything I have to swallow makes me wary.

Thank you for charting your progress with this and I hope it continues to help.

Mrs Brown

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2017, 02:36:37 PM »

Nowt is silly on here! 

Mbrown001

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2017, 02:54:56 PM »

Oh it can be CLKD.

;D ;D  ::)

Mrs Brown

Megamind

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2017, 03:22:56 PM »

Can I please ask a silly question. I had a bit of a Google and the CBD comes in two types I think.
Is the one you are using something you rub on.....yep said it was a silly question but I did see there were oral drops.
I'm really keen to try something natural for my anxiety but I have a bit of a sensitive stomach so anything I have to swallow makes me wary.

Thank you for charting your progress with this and I hope it continues to help.

Mrs Brown

Earlier in the thread Daisy says she puts 2 drops on her tongue.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2017, 03:36:30 PM »

:thankyou:

Mbrown001

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2017, 04:23:16 PM »

Missed that bit ....thank you.

Guess it won't be for me then.

Mrs Brown

Megamind

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2017, 05:16:23 PM »

Would two drops still have an effect on your stomach? It doesn't seem like much.

Mbrown001

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2017, 05:28:59 PM »

With my stomach who knows.
It's the bane of my life

Mrs Brown

Annie0710

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2017, 06:11:27 PM »

I've ordered some (thanks for your help Daisy)

Even if it gets me calm to go to work and not so nervy being sociable I'll feel like I've won the lottery

DaisyB

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2017, 06:32:57 PM »

Hi girls - update  ;)  firstly no question is too silly xx I put 2 drops under tongue. Hasn't impacted in stomach at all - I have extremely sensitive IBS so that's a bonus.
Today I had the jitters really bad - internal shaking - adrenaline rushes - whatever you like to call them. As well as that my left arm and leg felt like they belonged to someone else - split second behind and feeling weak.

Add to this my dad is still on recovery - so mum needed drive to church and back. Mum took ill in church - had to be given tea etc etc. Had to get her home and sort them both out. In the middle of my own episode.

I took 2 drops AM and another 2 late afternoon - adrenaline was lifting my leg of the bed as I dozed. And I did not turn a hair in  my head to worry about it!!!!!! Another little result.

That said this is def not a magic bullet regarding the meno symptoms. But what I described to OH today was it feels like a heavy veil is liftjng and I am thinking clearly again. For a long long time I have felt disconnected as my head was so full of fear.

My OH is a smoker ( I was a light smoker in/off) I haven't craved a sneaky menthol since starting on it. OH says after 2 days his desire to smoke has dramatically reduced. He has also noticed reduction in pain ( joints etc)

Downside to this is my CBD is going twice as fast since he started it ;D  I might swap his for swamp water and hope he gets the placebo effect  ::)

I'm still cautious girls - I am giving it to Friday then I'll start to withdraw supplements first to chart any difference in anxiety levels

DaisyB xx

Megamind

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2017, 07:31:16 PM »

It sounds good so far Daisy.

Annie, did you get it online? I want to tell my family member where to get it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5