Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: IBS  (Read 26999 times)

AndieM

Re: IBS
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2017, 09:18:20 PM »

Hi All
I've suffered from IBS C ( constipation) for years and take mebeverine for it, you can get it over the counter( Boots IBS relief) is one of the brands, I get it on prescription now as the doctor will give me 1 hundred tablets and I take it 3x a day. Also just discovered a probiotic which is amazing! It's called Tumbiotic and it's made so much difference to my IBS symptoms, less cramps, bloating.
I also drink copious amounts of peppermint tea which really soothes my stomach.
Hope you find something which works for you, if I could live on rice and chicken I don't think I'll have any stomach problems but hey life's too short and I'm partial to a bit ( lot) of chocolate  ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2017, 02:22:01 PM »

Black chocolate is absolutely fine, 1/2 pieces for supper.

Welcome to our thread!  :thankyou:

CLKD

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2018, 11:48:06 AM »

Crikey!  I thought 5 a day was supposedly good for us  :D but this morning I thought I would never leave the bathroom  :o.  Fortunately the sudden rush didn't make me feel ill as it often does.

Yesterday I ate fresh peas from the pods; beetroot salad with goat cheese; roast veg. with trout for evening meal - beets, parsnips, spuds, sweet potatoes ........... I woke at 6.30 a.m. knowing that the bathroom was required .  I expect that I will need another visit B4 long  ::) - then it will be a few days B4 the bowel needs emptying.

It won't put me off my roast veggies as I think the tract has benefitted.  Slow transit was a problem last week because we were away  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2018, 12:56:47 PM »

Beetroot and peas are two things that set off IBS (d). On my work days I make sure not to include either of these two the day before as it makes me late for work. I can tolerate one veg or one piece of fruit but more than that I suffer from that morning rush. It's not doing my overall health any good I'm sure. Things much worse since my hysterectomy four years ago. The bowel has fallen awkwardly into the space I reckon! Not sure how you can eat so much CLKD! I admire your appetite! I only managed a sandwich as my main meal yesterday as I can't eat in this heat!

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2018, 01:08:14 PM »

It may well be the fresh peas from the pods ........ as well as roasted veg., some cold for last night's meal and again a bathroom visit for all of 35 mins..  Fortunately I have a Very Good Book  ;D

As long as I know what it might be and as long as I don't feel ill after, I don't worry too much but should it make me feel queasy  :-\. Peas apparently are not good in a Stoma as they pass the digestive process  ::)

robotwars

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2018, 07:59:07 PM »

has anyone ever tried Alforex precision biotic capsules, just wondered if they were any good, at the moment I use boots own but I feel these are not working as good as they used too...

CLKD

« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2018, 09:35:30 AM »

I found with the prescribed medication that instead of 1 capsule prior to each meal my gut needed 2 .......... then the belatedness and nausea settled.

CLKD

« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2018, 01:09:59 PM »

One of the many gut related threads on here 4 new members

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2018, 11:21:27 AM »

Good lord, I've just read through this amazing thread & now think this is my problem not the hrt at all !  I'm off to get some probiotics, can't hurt to try.

CLKD

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2019, 08:30:50 PM »

Slow transit for a few days  >:( and now I can watch a wind bubble making it's slow way across my belly  :-\.  I can feel it too.  But can't poo  :-X

Sally S

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2019, 10:09:17 PM »

I have started to take some recommended Probiotics and I now very rarely experience any IBS symptoms.

jaypo

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2019, 10:51:40 PM »

Slow transit for a few days  >:( and now I can watch a wind bubble making it's slow way across my belly  :-\.  I can feel it too.  But can't poo  :-X
Have you ever tried psyllium husk clkd?you just stir it into juice,it's like sawdust but a gentle laxative,I used to use it all the time

JaneinPen

« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2019, 09:16:13 AM »

Like suzieq99 I too have just found this thread. I thought it was just me that had issues. Some days I can go a little bit every time I go for a wee other days I empty twice and then am okay all day. Think I need to get some probiotics. We do eat well but obviously like CLKD some of the vegetables react and not in the way I like

CLKD

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2019, 10:23:21 AM »

I used Actimel with success for several years - when we went on holiday and didn't have a fridge, I certainly noticed a difference in bowel movement until we were home again with access to the little pots: 3 a day seemed OK.  Tnx for the reminder.

Less bloated this morning.  Can get my jeans zipped again  ::)

jaypo

« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2019, 01:22:08 PM »

I don't know why the nhs don't test more for food intolerances,it would save them a hell of a lot of money rather than colonoscopies and ct scans.my whole life I've had gut issues and now at the ripe old age of 55 I find out it could just be because of wheat allergy and nut intolerance,still waiting for ct scan though 😏
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8