Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Men on the forum  (Read 29712 times)

Dana

Re: Men on the forum
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 06:29:18 AM »

To be honest I feel very sorry for the man who got removed. I didn't see his post, but I can only imagine how he must feel now when, I assume, all he wanted was to be supportive. I frankly don't think that's a good look for MM. Maybe the "anti male" rule should have a rethink.

I think sometimes we underestimate men. A lot of them do want to know more and be supportive. I had an extremely interesting conversation will a male friend of mine a couple of years ago. He's not in a relationship, but he wanted to know more about menopause because his sister was going through it and he wanted to be a supportive brother. He was far more open to talking about it and learning more than some of my female friends.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 07:49:09 AM »

I've responded to men before who were also swiftly removed so I wasn't at all surprised.

Menomale, he was informed that men weren't allowed on the site and that he had been reported to Emma, though members continued responding to him. I told him that his account would soon be deleted and that he should use the forum as a guest searching out threads that would hopefully offer relevant advice and solutions. It was also suggested that he persuade his wife to join us.

Hopefully, even as a guest, he can find some of the answers he is seeking. x

As an aside anon1889, I too wish you and your family well. Do look up the BBC menopause link I sent you and maybe sit with your wife to watch it. Given that Dr Curry who runs this site appears on the film, it could be a good reason to research this site with your wife. Incidentally, we don't just discuss menopause, our discussions encompass all sorts of other issues that affect our lives, including our children's experiences and caring for our elderly parents. Good luck to you.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:00:22 AM by Elizabethrose »

nearly50

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 10:12:31 AM »

Now, where does this "for women only" rule leave the transgenders, non-binary genders and inbetweeners? They are very interested in sex hormones!  ;)

I was thinking the same thing - it is very unusual to see such binary definitions of gender nowadays.

I'm glad anon1889 had forewarning that he would be removed before it happened, as he really did seem to be crying out for help when he posted.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2017, 10:18:05 AM »

Interesting - no comment from Emma or Heather  :-\ but I would suggest that Heather thinks about beginning a Medic-led MM Forum for men ..... either as a private room on here as an addition or a totally new concept - we can of course, let men know that such info is now available!

Maryjane

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 01:31:13 PM »

I admin a pelvic pain group 90% women and the rest men , it has never caused a problem and they are relived to be able to be there.

We complain we need to be heard , yet not allow 50% of the population to partake.

Maryjane

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2017, 02:02:06 PM »

Thelongandwindingroadthatslovely

Also it could actually save some marriages allowing the guys in , as some of us do go " mad" and the poor men haven't a clue what's going on.

But I obviously respect they are the rules😊but I guarantee there will be men on her.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2017, 03:07:46 PM »

:welcomemm: thelongandwindingroad - now I have an ear-worm  ;D

Menomale

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2017, 03:57:15 PM »

Hi and Welcome TheLongAndWindingRoad!

What a lovely username (it reminds me of the Beatles' song, not the menopause journey  ;)) and such a good timing for your first post, the MEN thread  :o ;D

Send my congrats to your husband for being proactive and supportive!  :-*

This thread reminds me of one episode that happened to me at the end of last year when I registered at the Surmeno blog and was "deleted" by the forum admin because I still have my womb and ovaries... I was trying to help my sister who has gone under surgical menopause and can't read in English... there is only a few forums on this subject in Brazil but they have not been very active lately and the amount/quality of info is inferior. I felt like I had made a terrible mistake and was ashamed! But that is my Asperger mind...

As a mental excercise... I was wondering how MM would be if men were allowed. Not just husbands, but all sorts of men, asking for advice and tips; ranting, rumbling, opening their hearts...  ;D  Would it turn into a MENopause place?  ;D

ancient runner

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2017, 04:39:42 PM »

I also responded to the poor chap, who seemed to be doing his best in a really difficult situation.
I was one of those who was (a) surprised that possession of a willy barred people from MM and (b) suggested an area for blokes.
After all, we can hide in Private Lives and the rest of it is open to the world - I really don't see why there can't be at least  a semi-detached bit where men can post and take part in discussions. Maybe not the rest of the site but they could still read that as they do now.
The vast majority of what we talk about isn't going to be of interest to the most prurient of men, is it? Your average pervert isn't going to be coming on here to get their kicks from discussing where we put our oestrogel is he?
 ;D
I guess there is the danger of fellas coming on here and mansplaining our symptoms to us but maybe we could vote them off if they're annoying  ;)

Menomale

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2017, 04:48:00 PM »

Ha, ha, I know a bunch of transgenders who would just love to discuss the sites for rubbing oestrogel and testosterone  ;D

ancient runner

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2017, 04:50:11 PM »

:o
They've probably got better sites for those chats though. Perhaps we should have sent the poor man there. It might have distracted him from his woes if nothing else!

Menomale

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2017, 04:59:19 PM »

I think he was really interested in helping his wife and was feeling emotional, that's why he registered and maybe didn't see the rules.

Anyway, I hope he talks to her and maybe she will join in or at least read some useful info here.

Before I registered I had already read many threads, but I guess most of us who are having emotional (hormotional) issues need to chat, get things off our chest...

Dana

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2017, 08:28:25 PM »

So what's the outcome from this? I don't think I've seen any posts supporting the exclusion of men, yet we've had no actual input from admin. I understand they feel this rule is for our protection, but if we don't feel we need that protection surely it's something that should be looked into and reconsidered.

breeze

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2017, 08:40:35 PM »

What about 'The Man Shed'.

Lets hope he was redirected there and not sent away with a flee in this ear.

Dorothy

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2017, 08:43:01 PM »

I said that I could see the reason for this, but my views were dismissed, and I've been made to feel like I am in the wrong.  To be honest, I'm feeling like the MM forum isn't a place for Dorothys either now.

It's interesting how we are so concerned to allow men, transgenders and anyone else onto this forum and offer them total acceptance, but any woman who doesn't wish to be identified in 'real life' is seen as somehow being wrong.  Double standards?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5