Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Early morning dreads/anxiety...and Omeprazole?  (Read 19510 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Early morning dreads/anxiety...and Omeprazole?
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2017, 02:21:41 PM »

2cats - if your husband is able to offer that shoulder, then use it, far better than pushing him away!  Did you have headaches during your menstruating years, maybe a different HRT is required?

Yammy1 - logic goes out the window when I feel sick with nerves, once the emergency med. kicks in and I begin to relax and the physicality goes away, then I am able to cope again. 

2cats

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2017, 05:24:55 PM »

CLKD - not so much pushing him away as holding onto him for dear life!  I'm still bleeding now and have had worse headaches since entering the perimenopause .  I've just had a couple of weeks without so to be hit by a really bad one is grim.  Have taken a triptan but it has not worked as of yet.  Spent the day in bed with a cold flannel on my forehead - migraine and sadness and tears - great combination . Sorry but I'm feeling like I've been dealt a bum deal and the future does not feel bright at all atm.  I officially hate the menopause :(

2cats

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2017, 11:13:12 PM »

Yes Sparkle I was trying not to take over the original thread with my woes!

Yes possibly linked by serotonin drop I think??  Mood drops and blood vessels expand causing the pain. 

I so quickly forget all the times I feel ''normal' when I get like this.

Let's hope for less morning blues tomorrow for all of us :)

2cats

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2017, 02:01:37 PM »

Sparkle how come you stopped the citalopram (an AD?)?  Definitely needs more investigation as I have digestive upset problems too!!

x

Yammy1

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2017, 02:21:30 PM »

Good afternoon all, well tomorrow I fly home so feeling better today. 2cats I took your advice yesterday and popped half a zanax and got through the day and night relatively well,although on way out yesterday afternoon I tripped on steps and badly bruised both legs, surprisingly I didn't panic and we carries on with out day out. I'm very sore today but emotionally I'm fine so that's a bonus. I am going to pay doc a visit when I get home and maybe try a different hrt because I am not willing to let this menopause take over my life anymore than it has done. I'm 53 next week and i feel 93 lol.

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2017, 02:59:15 PM »

OUCH! don't be surprised if various parts of you ache during the week, I found that my shoulders and chest also hurt following my fall.

Maybe make a list of symptoms so that you can work through it with your Practice Nurse/GP?  Book a double appt. at the end of the day?

Yammy1

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2017, 03:08:04 PM »

Will do CLKD, am feeling generally sore all over, just going to have a nice warm shower(no bath in apartments), and get dressed for our last dinner in beautiful Lanzarote and enjoy the last of the sun, home tomorrow  ;D x

2cats

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2017, 05:53:24 PM »

Thanks Sparkle for that info.

Yammy1 so pleased for you that you got your anxiety under control!  I was chuffed as nuts when I read it yesterday!  Hope the journey home was uneventful.

x

Yammy1

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2017, 07:29:17 PM »

Thanks 2cats, home safe and sound. Feeling much better today just still a bit bruised from my fall but anxiety wise I'm feeling much better x

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2017, 07:56:57 PM »

R U usually less anxious at home or was it the thought of the journey?  How are the aches and pains?

Yammy1

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2017, 08:07:57 PM »

hi CLKD, I do think my anxiety was worse because I was away from home, I can have bad days at home but not near as bad as when I'm away. Still a bit achy and bruised but getting there, It's funny when I was on hols I was counting the days to get home, but now that I'm home I wish I was back in the sun  :), Never happy, But I am determined not to let this put me off as I love to travel, I prefer city breaks where your kept busy, I love the sun but as I am very fair skinned I don't tan I just burn and I find sitting around the pool for hours I get more anxious( too much time to think)x

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2017, 08:57:09 PM »

I used to be away and count how many sleeps left B4 I would be travelling home again, I would also wish to get through the week fast so that once home, I would know how I'd been  :sigh: - then I would know whether I had/not enjoyed myself.

Yammy1

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2017, 09:03:47 PM »

It's awful isn't it, looking forward to a holiday and like you counting the sleeps until home time. Spent the holiday looking at other people and wondering if they felt as anxious as I did, or how come I'm the only one with knots in my stomach as if i could tell how everyone else was feeling just by looking at them.  but I'm not going to beat myself up, at least I went and more importantly I survived,

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2017, 09:12:10 PM »

But OH! the effort it takes to survive  :'(.  We would book a holiday cottage for a week so I would feel more trapped.  When ever I consider going abroad, my gut turns inself into knots  :'(  :-\ but at least I am not too bad at the moment.

Yammy1

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2017, 09:16:08 PM »

Me too when we went away last week some of our friends were already there, we only had two days together and how i envied them going home, it's really awful isn't it. usually try to book just three or four day city breaks and hope they fly by. really is no way to live  :'(, but like you i'm not feeling too bad at the moment, I think all the Christmas hype being over helps.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4