Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Early morning dreads/anxiety...and Omeprazole?  (Read 19516 times)

samweller161

Re: Early morning dreads/anxiety...and Omeprazole?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 10:45:13 AM »

One tip for acid reflux is to eat gluten free products - my husband had terrible acid reflux and was on the tablets - he changed to a gluten free diet and now only takes a tablet if we are eating out.  Appreciate his is not related to any menopausal symptoms but maybe worth a try?

xx

Night_Owl

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 11:03:14 AM »

I remember reading on the net that Omeprazole can lead to certain nutrient deficiencies - low calcium levels and magnesium deficiency due to making the stomach less acidic.  Maybe worth thinking about some supplements - magnesium does seem to calm anxiety to an extent.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 10:40:58 PM »

Dr James Le Fans has written a lot about Omeprazole and others throughout 2016 in The Telegraph on Mondays.

2cats

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 07:50:53 AM »

Hi all,

So good to know I'm not alone in experiencing these early morning dreads - it's 7.39 and since I woke up at 6.09 I've felt very dodgy: all doom and gloom at the thought of the day ahead even though I have a welcome day off from work so a chance to catch up on lots of things, go for a lovely dog walk and a massage later!!  Madness.
I was just talking to myself about how I don't have to worry about what the future holds but just get through each day until things settle again - what have I become!
Physically, I get tightness in my chest and a nervous stomach and I just feel so ill at ease.  Could also easily dissolve into tears if I let myself.
This did all pass off for quite a few months and was much less of a bother for some time before that, and I put that down to the HRT.  However, it doesn't seem to be so effective now so I have stopped putting a patch on  until I see my GP on 17th (at her suggestion).  I've been on it 5 years so slightly nervous....
I've also started doing progressive relaxation in the morning, in bed, before I get up - maybe that will help.

Any thoughts on how to lessen the physical/chemical effects which cause these morning problems??

Oh for the days when I just used to get up and get on with the day!
Sending good wishes out to all fellow morning blues sufferers..

2cats

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2017, 10:20:29 AM »

Hi Sparkle,

I've just started taking 5HTP to see if it helps my mood and anxiety and from night one it improved my sleep - I now wake up  feeling more refreshed from sleep than of late.  It can increase dreaming though - I'm having some very vivid ones!  I've only needed 50mg at night so far and I'm going to see if there is any improvement in my other symptoms over the next week or so.
It might be worth a try - maybe have a google to see what is said about it .
 :)

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2017, 01:10:56 PM »

Rescue Remedy ?

Yammy1

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2017, 01:34:14 PM »

Well day 5 of hols in lanzarote and feeling better today, have been very anxious since arriving, doesn't help when your health anxiety is heart related and your apartment is on 'cardiac hill, lol. Surprisingly I seem to be getting relief from rescue remedy which can be bought over the counter and much better than anti depressants, ie no side effects Hopefully I will enjoy  last few days in the sun x

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2017, 05:04:16 PM »

Your heart is fine!  Otherwise you wouldn't be walking up hills without symptoms ;-) so put that one to bed?!?  Enjoy the  :sunny:

Yammy1

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2017, 11:38:25 AM »

Well my happy place didn't last very long  :'(, chest pain again yesterday evening which my logical head tells me is indigestion but my panicky head says heart. Monday won't come quick enough so I can get home and visit doc. I am determined to get my life back and this menopause related anxiety under control, it's ruined my holiday,sorry to go on but I feel this is the only place I can come and people understand x

2cats

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2017, 11:59:21 AM »

Yammy1 I'm so sorry to hear your anxiety got worse whilst on holiday.  I really feel for you as it is always hard to be away from home when feeling unwell.  Monday might seem an age away right now, but it will come around quicker than you think. 
Do you have any techniques/tools to help you through ie mindfulness, muscle relaxation, meditation?  If you have access to internet maybe you could google some sites which you could get some tips from (utube, nopanic, off the top of my head).
If you've taken valium before might a chemist over there sell it over the counter? 
Also, how about writing down exactly what it is that's causing you to panic and 'take those thoughts to court' ie, how likely is it that it will happen; think of other explanations, also a good one is - what would you say to a friend who expressed the same thoughts to you, as you are having?
Write down some helpful statements and carry them with you:  This is only anxiety and it is a feeling that I don't like but it cannot hurt me.  I've coped with such feelings before and worse, and I've got through.  It will pass. I am doing really well.  I am calm and relaxed.  Thank you mind but I am not playing this game today. (There are lots of others which you can find on anxiety websites) Read them as often as you need to.
Sorry I seem to have rambled on a bit - hope some of it might be of use to you. xx

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2017, 12:05:52 PM »

2cats - your ramble is useful  :thankyou:

Ask your GP for some anti-anxiety medication, once the anxiety is under control your logical brain will kick in.  When anxiety becomes physical, logicality flies out the window in this house  :sigh:

2cats

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2017, 12:13:00 PM »

Ironically, Yammy1 I also have come to MM this morning to off load but wanted to try and offer some help to you first after imagining you feeling so poorly whilst abroad (one reason I've only been abroad once in the last 5 years and that was 2016, to France on a ferry and still had to take valium here and there during the week to calm my anxiety down!)

My 2 nights of 5HTP and great sleep was stopped yesterday after getting a migraine which I wanted to take a triptan to get rid of it but found I couldn't due to drug interactions between the two.  Decided not to take the 5HTP so that I could take a triptan sometime today (could tell this was going to be a 4 day migraine without my wonder triptan).  Well I had 3 lots of 1 hour sleep and spent the night in a mental turmoil!  Husband came down to find me on the sofa at 8am and I sobbed in his arms on and off for about an hour.  I can't bear being such a bloody drain to him though he tells me I mustn't worry about him. 
I've had no hrt oestrogen going into my body for several days now and only half a patch (25mcg) for several days before that - could the effects be wearing off so quickly?  I've been getting the morning dreads even with the patch but this is worse - very much like the despair I felt before getting HRT in 2011.
Trying to decide whether to hold out till my GP appt on 17th or just to put a patch back on.....

Yammy1

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2017, 12:14:23 PM »

Thank you 2cats, CLKD and your right I need to stop focusing on all the negative feelings. It's hard but im trying, I have a couple of zanax with me, just took half one to try take edge off, the most annoying thing is my heart has been checked out and all fine, but when anxiety rears its ugly head panic sets in which in turn causes chest pain and all the other aches and pains that manifest. Had a couple of drinks last night and no pains just enjoyed myself so I know there is nothing wrong because pain disappears when I relax, mind you I'm only having a couple because the last thing I need is a hangover on top of everything else, poor hubby is trying to understand and our 14 year old daughter is with us so I'm trying to not let her know ho I'm feeling. I'm going to get ready now and go out on a little trip, I'm determined not to let it win  >:(

2cats

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2017, 12:21:01 PM »

Good for you Yammy1!  Get that Xanax down you and enjoy your day.  If anxiety tries to rear its ugly head - don't try to  fight it but just let it know you're not interested. When those demons tell you it's too scary and you need to get back to safety, keep steering your ship in the direction you choose to go - to have a lovely day with your husband and daughter!

I'm guessing you're from the UK and the weather is filthy here at the moment so make the most of any sun you might be getting! lol

xx

Yammy1

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2017, 12:34:00 PM »

I'm from Ireland but the weather there is much the same. But I'm definitely coming back in my next life as a man lol. Feck these hormones, I've always had anxiety but not for a long time so this has just floored me. But I know I beat it before and I will again, onwards and upwards as they say X
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4