Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sleeping through the night without the need to go to the loo  (Read 5412 times)

Dana

Re: Sleeping through the night without the need to go to the loo
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 05:34:27 AM »

Before I began to have full on meno symptoms I would need to pee every two hours at night. I could almost set my clock by it. I didn't realise it could be a meno symptom and told my doctor about it. She didn't seem too concerned, but sent me for a kidney and bladder ultrasound anyway, I think more to set my mind at rest rather than her own.

That's an ultrasound I would not like to experience again because you have drink a whole lot of water all at once a period of time before, then hold it while the ultrasound is done. Then you have to empty your bladder, and they will rescan so they can see how efficiently your bladder empties. All in all it's a very uncomfortable experience being poked and prodded while you're busting to go to the loo, but it showed no problems at all. It was only later on that I realised it was all meno related.

I've now been on HRT for years and I still need to go around 2am and then around 4-5am, but that's often when I wake up anyway, so I guess I'm only really going once through the night. I've done the drink more water during the day, and drink less water before bed and it makes absolutely no difference. It just is what it is. As long as I can go straight back to sleep it doesn't bother me how many times I have to go.

Katejo

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 09:18:58 AM »

I think everyone is different. The only time I need to get up to use the loo in the night is if I'm developing a UTI or some other type of infection - maybe even just a cold. Talking about this at work, though, I am definitely in the minority as everyone else (all women) needs to get up at least once a night for a wee. Mind you, thinking about it, they go to bed around 10.30 and get up at 7 and I go about 1 a.m. and get up at 6.15 so that might make a difference?

Taz x
Perhaps yes. I go to bed at about 10.30 and get up at 7.30 on work days. If I need the loo during the night it is between 2 and 4 am

bramble

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2017, 12:56:45 PM »

I go to bed between 11 and 2, get up between 9 and 11 and don't get up in the night to wee. Guess we are all different. But I do go to the loo immediately before going to bed most nights.

Bramble

Evelyn63

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2017, 02:38:48 PM »

I think everyone is different. The only time I need to get up to use the loo in the night is if I'm developing a UTI or some other type of infection - maybe even just a cold. Talking about this at work, though, I am definitely in the minority as everyone else (all women) needs to get up at least once a night for a wee. Mind you, thinking about it, they go to bed around 10.30 and get up at 7 and I go about 1 a.m. and get up at 6.15 so that might make a difference?

Taz x

Im similar only I go to bed about 11, rarely have to get up at night unless an infection is brewing >:(
Pages: 1 [2]