Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Pelvic pain  (Read 3655 times)

Kikie

Pelvic pain
« on: October 05, 2016, 01:43:27 PM »

For the last week I have had pelvic pain. A dull ache which is exacerbated by jolting, like coughing, sitting down suddenly on a hard seat, going over bumps with the car.  The doc says no bladder infection.  As it possibly coincided with restarting hrt (cant remember if it started just before or just after) I'm wondering whether a hormone shake up can do this?  It is all the way across the lower pelvic area.

I'm mid travel so it isnt easy to just pop into a doctor.

Dancinggirl

Re: Pelvic pain
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 02:38:14 PM »

Welcome to MM
That could possibly be your uterus waking up!!!  If you have been without oestrogen for some time then your body will take some time to wake up and adjust - the boobs will get sore as well ::)
I went on oestrogel with Utrogestan after a break from HRT and unfortunately found Utrogestan problematic.  I got quite a lot of cramping and break through bleeding - I am also 60 and feel my body simply doesn't want to adjust to hormones now.  It's worth persevering at least 3 months and see if things settle.
Good luck  DG x

Kikie

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 08:23:30 AM »

Thank you DG.  :) Did you end up with a different progesterone?  Also did you get pelvic and/or lower back pain?  My right sacroiliac joint is really bad today.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 03:12:39 PM »

I got mainly lower tummy cramps and pain in my hips as well.  I am now 60 and stopped systemic HRT over 3 months ago - I just got fed up with the cramps, spotting and bleeding.  In the past I had done OK on synthetic progesterones but they always gave me some side effects e.g. period cramps, PMT.  The Mirena was OK - I had this for 4 years in my mid 50s - but I didn't want this again.  I persevered with Utrogestan for over a year, tried it sequentially and continuously but it always gave me problems with spotting and bleeding - felt slightly sedated on it as well.  I tried using it vaginally but this irritated my vaginal area. Utrogestan seems to work well for many women - so I hope it works well for you.
If you have been without oestrogen for a long time I think you should expect your body to struggle to wake up and cope for the first few weeks. Keep going though - things may settle.  DG x

Kikie

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 09:10:04 AM »

Thanks DG. :-) 

marras

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 10:53:10 AM »

I started HRT when I was 64 and had a lot of pelvic pain to start with Kikie.it settled down after a few weeks.

Kikie

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 12:03:32 PM »

Thanks Marras. The pelvic pain does seem to be stopping. Though, after discussions with a gynae friend I reduced the oestrogel to one pump.