Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Still got the weird eye sensation  (Read 1909 times)

countrybumpkin

Still got the weird eye sensation
« on: October 16, 2016, 08:26:56 PM »

I posed about 6 weeks ago that I had suddenly developed a weird feeling in the inner edge of my eye like a tingle and as if something was moving around in the area.  I had just had my routine eye exam from my retinal surgeon ( I am partially sighted) and he could find nothing amiss. 
I wondered if it was like a twitching eyelid but no visible twitch and in an odd place as it kept coming and going, some days I didn't have it at all.
I thought it had gone but then 2 weeks ago it came back with a vengeance. I don't have it when I shut my eye or for first 2 hrs in the morning but then it starts and gets worse as day goes on.
Last week I saw my optician and he did a very thorough exam with the magnifier they use. He could not see any reason for it and even took out all my eyelashes in the corenrjust in case but this did not help.  He thinks it is a sensation in the skin at the lower edge of my eye. I have to try putting lubricating drops in for a few days.
So after 6 weeks I am going to see the Dr!  I am also getting alot of twitching of my lips as well so would not be surprised if its all connected.  I am a terrible twitcher ::)

countrybumpkin

Re: Still got the weird eye sensation
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 09:12:28 PM »

If I could see a visible twitch I would not bother the Dr but there is no actual movement in the area of the sensation unlike all my other twitches ::)
I have twitched for years and years and I have very bad neck damage ( prolapsed disc and arthritis) and I know facial twitching can be linked to neck nerves. 

I also have bad discs in my lower back and when my back siezes up the leg on the affected side the thigh muscles twitch like crazy until the back improves so proves that your spinal nerves can also be involved in twitches and not just anxiety!

Megamind

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 10:17:01 PM »

I didn't mean it IS Anxiety related, I meant no doubt the Dr will say so as they tend to put anything that hasn't had a cause found to it to be down to anxiety.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 11:48:38 AM »

Sorry i didn't mean it too read that you thought it was due to anxiety.  Gosh I do struggle with written word over face to face conversations ::)

In my case I am sure that anxiety plays a big part but I was just very interested to find that spinal nerves can also cause it - live and learn.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 06:48:25 PM »

I have taken vitamin supplements for years and my b vits and magnesium are okay.
Its not long since I had full blood work as well that was normal.

I made appt for monday but of course past few days almost nothing!  So I am in the do I don't I go for appt ::)